The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'll Be Damned... Nemesis Proto-Skin Nyx?

Morec0

Run this with an Excalibur with the proto-excal suit and you might go black ops. Can't wait to do so. But I think I may have to slot in steel fibre for the Nyx Prime to make the skin feel right.

I mean, LOOK at how much plating she's got on her. She looks more heavily armoured than the proto-Excal.

1118125-ds_2009_06_07_12_40_40_02.jpgLoki.jpg?itok=JcNFj0rZ

Apollo_Thinking_3.gifHmmmmmm.....

That's a Chroma. This is Stalker (I'll admit, mispoke because I got them confused myself for a bit):

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/darksector/images/2/2e/288384_full.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120630225215

Specifically I'm siting the horned head, the ridges on the arms Loki has (more noticable with Loki Prime) and the ability to go invisible.

Edited by Morec0

That's a Chroma. This is Stalker (I'll admit, mispoke because I got them confused myself for a bit):

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/darksector/images/2/2e/288384_full.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120630225215

Specifically I'm siting the horned head, the ridges on the arms Loki has (more noticable with Loki Prime) and the ability to go invisible.

(real stalker pic) Loki.jpg?itok=JcNFj0rZ

giphy.gif Double Hmmmmm...

The legs, the arms & the shape of the face? Clearly!

Compare the legs to Loki's left leg. The horns coming out of it to Loki's horns (expanded as they are). And again the blades on its right arm are toned down, but the spines on the back of Loki's Forearms ARE there.

it's not different than going from this

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120630233229/darksector/images/1/1a/288382_full.jpg

to this

250px-NyxNewLook.png

imo

It's a refined design, but the similarities can be found.

Edited by Morec0

You don't seem to understand how this works. Excalibur's proto armor, as well as this new one, is taken directly from Warframe's unofficial prequel 'Dark Sector'. However, that's the only two suits in the game. There's no more, which means there won't be more skins for Warframes. I can imagine the sword-arm being a skin though.

You don't seem to understand how sarcasm works.

The only thing DE has stated will explicitly never happen as far as cosmetics are concerned are gender swaps. Which is where the sarcasm came from pertaining to Blaze and Female Ash. Although even that statement can be taken with a grain of salt, given Nemesis's clearly masculine appearance. However, I'm curious as to where DE explicitly stated that they will never release skins unless they are specifically from Dark Sector. Even if you are correct, keep in mind that there are plenty of Dark Sector concepts and skins that can be extrapolated and applied to other Warframes. Frost, Rhino (debatably), Trinity, Chroma and even Saryn have resemblences to concepts from DS. So I wouldn't say with so much certainty that Nemesis will be the last skin we ever see one way or another.

Edited by (PS4)ShuhanX

keep in mind that there are plenty of Dark Sector concepts and skins that can be extrapolated and applied to other Warframes. Frost, Rhino (debatably), Trinity, Chroma and even Saryn have resemblences to concepts from DS. So I wouldn't say with so much certainty that Nemesis will be the last skin we ever see one way or another.

I'm aware of the concepts from the original Dark Sector you mentioned. However, the few concepts that are there are, well, concepts. I find it unlikely for DE to model up an entirely new 3D model when all they've done so far is take models out of the released Dark Sector, with a bit of 'freshening up'. Also, the models that already do exist are like 11 years old and will look very outdated.

I'm aware of the concepts from the original Dark Sector you mentioned. However, the few concepts that are there are, well, concepts. I find it unlikely for DE to model up an entirely new 3D model when all they've done so far is take models out of the released Dark Sector, with a bit of 'freshening up'. Also, the models that already do exist are like 11 years old and will look very outdated.

Nemesis Nyx is not just a "freshened up" rip from Dark Sector. There are a lot of rather drastic differences in the design. I don't know if they built her from scratch, or did start with a rip, or built her off the basic Nyx... but it is not as trivial an effort as you make it out to be. The closest in basic shape to Nemesis Nyx is, of course, base Nyx... but even if they started with that, the topography is quite different and the skin for it must be new, since porting the old Nemesis skin over wouldn't fit the new model. That is an incredibly poor basis for a statement that further Protoskins are unlikely.

I have difficulty seeing Rhino in the Colossus, but that's probably just me... reminds me more of Chroma, particularly in his agile stance. But I can totally see Stalker-Loki, or Kubrows turned into the weird dog-things... forget their name. Moles? And there's a lot more potential where those came from. I think I might replay DS and take notes on what everything reminds me of, heh.

Nemesis Nyx is not just a "freshened up" rip from Dark Sector. There are a lot of rather drastic differences in the design. I don't know if they built her from scratch, or did start with a rip, or built her off the basic Nyx... but it is not as trivial an effort as you make it out to be. The closest in basic shape to Nemesis Nyx is, of course, base Nyx... but even if they started with that, the topography is quite different and the skin for it must be new, since porting the old Nemesis skin over wouldn't fit the new model. That is an incredibly poor basis for a statement that further Protoskins are unlikely.

Here's how Nemesis looks like in Dark Sector.

dark_sector___nemesis_by_elonir-d70rrit.

The only differences is the body shape, which isn't that hard to edit in 3D programs,

the sword-arm, which can easily be removed by mirroring the model,

and some nice PBR treatment, which DE has been doing a lot lately.

I really love the look of Nyx nemesis. I personally like adding attachments to my frames. For the life of me, I could not fathom adding the iliac gear yet alone acquire it for any frame. Enter nyx nemesis, it looks so damn mean with it.

nem.gif

Edited by Ded_man

That's very true, many of these concepts are just concepts. Such as the Frost example. However, as far as the others are concerned, they each have fully rendered 3D models just as Proto Armor and Nemesis does. The characters that resemble Saryn, Rhino, Trinity etc. indeed have full models available. It would simply be a matter of altering the proportions and sizes to reflect the size of the particular Warframe, similar to what was done with Nemesis. Also, given the positive reception from the community for alternate Warframe skins, I don't think it's unlikely that DE would at least consider developing 2 or 3 skins a year (ones that don't have pre-rendered models). I barely even use Excal and Nyx, yet I didn't hesitate to purchase Proto and will do the same with Nemesis. I imagine DE could make a good amount of money via plat purchases (people buying plat I mean) if they release more skins for other Warframes.

Edited by (PS4)ShuhanX

That's very true, many of these concepts are just concepts. Such as the Frost example. However, as far as the others are concerned, they each have fully rendered 3D models just as Proto Armor and Nemesis does. The characters that resemble Saryn, Rhino, Trinity etc. indeed have full models available. It would simply be a matter of altering the proportions and sizes to reflect the size of the particular Warframe, similar to what was done with Nemesis.

There's two reasons why I don't think the renders could work as skins for Rhino, Trinity and Saryn. 

First of all, they're at least 11 years old, and were made for an entirely different engine. DE would have to remodel the entire renders.

Second, the designs of the renders are basically the same as the Warframes. They just look like older, earlier, and uglier versions.

The reason why the 2008 Dark Sector renders worked is because it has the same graphics and engine as Warframe, the renders actually look unique compared to the Warframes you use them on, and it actually makes sense for the skins to exist in the Warframe universe.

(No, I'm not saying 2008's Dark Sector is officially in Warframe's universe, but it's a hell of a lot more likely than the old 2004 Dark Sector)