Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It Sucks That The Next Call Of Duty Will Be A Game...

Jahadaya

And not a movie.

Because holy hek this trailer for the game is amazing, and actually super interesting. Of course, as we know, it's still just a CoD trailer, so there's nothing to actually get excited about. But if this trailer were the basis of a movie, it could honestly be amazing.

Too bad it's just a CoD trailer :( 

And not a movie.

Because holy hek this trailer for the game is amazing, and actually super interesting. Of course, as we know, it's still just a CoD trailer, so there's nothing to actually get excited about. But if this trailer were the basis of a movie, it could honestly be amazing.

I personally like the series, it's simple but fun to play every so often - The storylines for the Black ops series are great. it's just a shame a fair few of the games end with the cliche 'Kill the bad guy' or 'Almost kill him but he gets away' ending.

I suppose it appeals to people who like run and gun Arcade shooters.

But I agree. a film series would be good and the trailer looks great.

And not a movie.

have you played black ops 1 and 2, the only cods stories worth playing, well written, and actually a damn good tale with decent plot twists,

there's very good reason black ops 1 and 2 are the best selling cods of all time,

and the most played, in fact cod black ops 2 is still the most played cod out right now.

treyarch goes hard when its their turn,

this will be no different, it will be well written tale worth playing with fair amount of depth and blurred line of a moral compass of which black ops  story mode is known for.

and the zombies will be right where they need to be, as treyarch pretty much perfected it in black ops 1, and the multiplayer will easily be the best we have had since black ops 1 and 2,

treyarch always has the best balanced multiplayer, the best maps, the best everything,

black ops is the big seller for cod. since black ops 1, alot people only buy a cod when its treyarchs turn because treyarch doesn't make some washed out bullS#&$, they take an existing franchise, breathe some life into its formula tweak this and that, and give it some showmanship making it actually rather solid game.

I am certain this has been mentioned, but the entire notion of augmented humans, playing god, augmented versus normal humans, super soldiers, etc. is something VERY reminiscent of Deus Ex.

Edit:

Stop it CoD, your not Deus Ex.

Damn, barely beat.

I do love my Deus Ex though. Mankind Divided has high hopes for me
Edited by Surtur

Crossing into Deus Ex (the games) territory, but that is ok. To be honest, you can't, or shouldn't, tell a story set in the near to mid future without addressing the distorting lines of humanity and machine. It is the reality of the Cyberpunk fiction becoming realized. The only question is, must it be a dystopia? 

I would also like to point out the Edward Snowden look-a-like whistle blowing the militaries use of weaponized augmentation. Both as an obvious move and kind of a cheap one.

CoD takes a lot of inspiration from history, movies and other games.

This makes it so they are capable of awesome teasers, cinematic and live action, that demonstrate a point of controversy, either old or new, of which dominate the audience's current thoughts of curiosity.

Unfortunately, the storyline presented within these titles are subpar, predictable, "Michael Bay" style explosions and action, that would make for a thrilling shooter, though it lacks the depth, the atmosphere, the drive, for an epic, life changing, and player involved story, of which the audience can connect, and freely think on, as if it were a fantastical piece of literature.

My assumption is that 2 year development periods, or slightly more, is not enough to deliver this narrative quality their marketing team really wants to push out there. In my opinion, the CoD franchise is too enwrapped in enveloping player's time that they neglect making that time something empowering.

Well since Deus Ex is failing maybe CoD will do some good with the concept of human augments, at least I know CoDs augments wont be powered by space chocolate bars.

The only area I want to see gone in CoD is the silly killstreak/scorestreak system, it doesn't promote skill and fair play, it promotes cheap tactics to gain power to get more advantages, they need to look at what the original homefront did, where your points go into a pool, and you access gear and vehicles when you spawn.

Also stop with the bandwagon of hatred towards the franchise, it's acceptable to hate a game or developer for being sub par, but not an entire franchise. Blind hate and ignorance gets you nowhere.

Well since Deus Ex is failing maybe CoD will do some good with the concept of human augments, at least I know CoDs augments wont be powered by space chocolate bars.

The only area I want to see gone in CoD is the silly killstreak/scorestreak system, it doesn't promote skill and fair play, it promotes cheap tactics to gain power to get more advantages, they need to look at what the original homefront did, where your points go into a pool, and you access gear and vehicles when you spawn.

Also stop with the bandwagon of hatred towards the franchise, it's acceptable to hate a game or developer for being sub par, but not an entire franchise. Blind hate and ignorance gets you nowhere.

what? lol, Deus Ex has done an awesome job with it

what? lol, Deus Ex has done an awesome job with it

The last one was terrible compared to the first. Bare minimal power uses, no power recharge, and you had to stalk the map to find energy bars to restore your augments powers. That was gamebreaking to me, to be unable to use your augments due to not having magical chocolate bars is BS. Imagine if warframe had no energy siphon, no energy restores, no abilities that restore energy, and they reduced the drop rate of energy orbs by 3x. That is what Deus Ex human revolution was like for me. Bad design.

The last one was terrible compared to the first. Bare minimal power uses, no power recharge, and you had to stalk the map to find energy bars to restore your augments powers. That was gamebreaking to me, to be unable to use your augments due to not having magical chocolate bars is BS. Imagine if warframe had no energy siphon, no energy restores, no abilities that restore energy, and they reduced the drop rate of energy orbs by 3x. That is what Deus Ex human revolution was like for me. Bad design.

If you really want to walk through the whole game using augments like a wizard then fine. It was a game conceit to need protean and sugar bars to replenish your energy. It it was realistic at all, a single use of a super strength or electro shock would probably leave you on unable to move afterward for a day or more. Even if it wasn't tied to the metabolism, carry around a bunch of 3 pound batteries doesn't sound like fun. There where 6 to a dozen ways to solve a problem in the game, Square Enix just didn't want it to be, I go invisible and then electrify, or skull crush everting in site. I would say the game was the better for it.

If you really want to walk through the whole game using augments like a wizard then fine.

You're misrepresenting my argument by assuming things that were never stated. Plain and simple you have no idea what you're talking about.

The original Deus Ex had 4 energy bars as default, these were also upgradable, and had a slow recharge over time. Certain abilities used either a whole or half bar at a time, and powers like invisibility had a slow drain on the bars. That was good game design, and that was Deus Ex.

And you can't seem to get your head around in the future that has all these augments that maybe, just maybe, they sorted out a way to charge them?, either wirelessly or a new form of continuously renewable energy like solar. And battery packs, are you kidding? we already have small lightweight power packs that could run those kinds of augments in todays day and age, and this is set in the far off future, have you no mechanical knowledge at all?

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

You're misrepresenting my argument by assuming things that were never stated. Plain and simple you have no idea what you're talking about.

The original Deus Ex had 4 energy bars as default, these were also upgradable, and had a slow recharge over time. Certain abilities used either a whole or half bar at a time, and powers like invisibility had a slow drain on the bars. That was good game design, and that was Deus Ex.

And you can't seem to get your head around in the future that has all these augments that maybe, just maybe, they sorted out a way to charge them?, either wirelessly or a new form of continuously renewable energy like solar. And battery packs, are you kidding? we already have small lightweight power packs that could run those kinds of augments in todays day and age, and this is set in the far off future, have you no mechanical knowledge at all?

I remember the original, and agree it did a good job. However, it is a sci-fi conceit that assumes that we can infinitially miniaturize all technology, and provide efficient energy for all this tech.

DE:HR's tying the power into the human metabolism actually makes sense. However, recharge times would probably take significantly longer, and yes you would need to stuff your face with calorie bars.

Having said that, they probably should have just noted it in the lore and provided a concentrated battery, for weaponized augments, that can be replaced. Maybe they will do so in the sequel.

Wow Call of Duty is still around? Huh..

I personally only like the Black Ops Series so I am interested in this one, despite my disdain for the general Call of Duty tag.

What's boring is the constant rehash of simple mechanics while implementing one or two new things mechanic wise with each Cod installment. And hell, it works. As much as people don't like it, gotta give me credit for find a cheap scheme that works way to well. It's a system that easily pulls in younger players and keeps em hooked. When your playerbase is a majority of young teens and some children, it's easy to keep em around because it's like a giant distraction for them. They lack that developmental brain function that tells you "hey you have been playing the same game mode for 8hrs, stahp" But that's because their brains are still growing.

Adults play it too, but not like kids do. I play it very casually. But haven't played since Black Ops 2.

My sister bought advanced warfare a few months ago and to this day still hasn't tried the campaign. it's really sad.

All in all i hope this next Black Ops installment is good.

Wow Call of Duty is still around?

My sister bought advanced warfare a few months ago and to this day still hasn't tried the campaign. it's really sad.

All in all i hope this next Black Ops installment is good.

COD:AW was actually a step up for COD campaigns and mechanics. So, it would be nice if BO3 feels the need to step up their game too.

COD:AW was actually a step up for COD campaigns and mechanics. So, it would be nice if BO3 feels the need to step up their game too.

well that was my thing. I heard AW's campaign is good in comparison to its predecessors. I tried explaining that to my sister, but nope was too busy burning through Search and Destroy to be bothered to give it a play.

I have yet to play it myself and I likely won't. But BO3 should definitely take the hint and make something that knocks people's socks off

I remember the original, and agree it did a good job. However, it is a sci-fi conceit that assumes that we can infinitially miniaturize all technology, and provide efficient energy for all this tech. -snip-

Tying power to metabolism does not make any sense at all, there is no way a human body could process that kind of electrical energy. We're talking between 48 and 240 volts of power to run that kind of technology regardless of efficiency. The augment power system was the sole factor that killed Deus Ex Human Revolution for me. If the gameplay isn't satisfying there's no reason to continue with it.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen