Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Nice theory, one of the more probable. But it has one inconsistancy. Why do we still use frames on relay? It is a part of lore, there was an event centered around them.

I wouldn't say that inconsistency is part of the concept/theory because it can be tied to many theories. To answer your question, if could be for the following reasons:

- It might just be a gameplay thing because we don't know what is under the Warframe yet.

- The Tenno like to be battle ready at all times.

- The Void energy from their body could be harmful to others and potentially burn people. Something like what happened to Kaleen in the Ember Prime codex entry.

Sorry, but what exactly are you debating here? This is hardly new thoughts.

Enlighten me.

The discussion has changed slighly from original concepts. We know that there anoot be Energy only or Tenno being only one frame. Instead of that we have 2 new theories: Tenno are shapeshifters (achived by technology) and thats how they fit into the frames or Tenno are higher beings analogus to Cephalnos, they evolved from humans (Orokin) and now can switch bodies in frames. They can only ocupy one body at a time.

I wouldn't say that inconsistency is part of the concept/theory because it can be tied to many theories. To answer your question, if could be for the following reasons:

- It might just be a gameplay thing because we don't know what is under the Warframe yet.

- The Tenno like to be battle ready at all times.

- The Void energy from their body could be harmful to others and potentially burn people. Something like what happened to Kaleen in the Ember Prime codex entry.

Those can or cannot be true. There are not anought info right now. I forgot to ask you 1 other thing: Why Tenno in your theory lives after being killed in a mission? I dont mean that after dying and not reving in mission you still have frame coz thats pure game mechanic. I mean why do you live after that? Why isnt you accout deleted? Alad constructed Zanuka from fallen Tenno. In that Tenno as shapeshifter wouldnt be alive, would he?

In my theory there are 2 Tenno meanings. The energy entity and the bodies inside the frame. The bodies are generating Void energy to power frames. Before Tenno as entities evolved into them Tenno were humans inside frames. Now they are AI-ish beings that can ocupy specialy freperd for it bodies, aka-frames.

Sorry, but what exactly are you debating here? This is hardly new thoughts.

Enlighten me.

If you read back a few pages, you'd see that this came from me explaining a concept to someone that wasn't fully aware of it. Not claiming they are new thoughts.

Those can or cannot be true. There are not anought info right now. I forgot to ask you 1 other thing: Why Tenno in your theory lives after being killed in a mission? I dont mean that after dying and not reving in mission you still have frame coz thats pure game mechanic. I mean why do you live after that? Why isnt you accout deleted? Alad constructed Zanuka from fallen Tenno. In that Tenno as shapeshifter wouldnt be alive, would he?

In my theory there are 2 Tenno meanings. The energy entity and the bodies inside the frame. The bodies are generating Void energy to power frames. Before Tenno as entities evolved into them Tenno were humans inside frames. Now they are AI-ish beings that can ocupy specialy freperd for it bodies, aka-frames.

You answered your own question in that question, it's a game mechanic. DE isn't going to delete anyone's account to fit lore.

You're misinterpreting the theory i just typed out too. The Tenno is NOT a shapeshifter. They do not have the ability to freely morph their body with this theory, the Warframe is reshaping the Tenno to fit it's mold.

I do not understand the point of your Zanuka question either. What does a Tenno being a shapeshifter have to do with whether they'd die or not if used for parts?

Edited by EmptyDevil

I forgot to ask you 1 other thing: Why Tenno in your theory lives after being killed in a mission? I dont mean that after dying and not reving in mission you still have frame coz thats pure game mechanic. I mean why do you live after that? Why isnt you accout deleted? 

Because gameplay.

Point : Mesa.

LOTUS: That is NOT a Tenno. It is a hollow warframe puppeteered by infested flesh.

Canon: A warframe must be occupied by a Tenno, a Void-tainted to be considered a true warframe. Only they can use them.

Fact: A warframe must be built and then assembled.

Fact: Alad uses warfames to build Zanuka. But it is warframes with a Tenno still inside.

Fact: The Ascaris controldevice used by Vor, embedds itself into the spine.

Seems more corporeal than ethereal to me.

Are you bothered at the fact that the concept is literally the same?

They're similar, not the same...

You even say so yourself, Guyver suits make it so they human can fit inside.

Append Gear makes a new body for you to use.

Guyver suit is reshaping human to fit into mold.

Append Gear is transforming your body into the "suit".

Guyver = Man enters suit -> Suit changes man to fit into suit

Append gear = Man activates watch -> Watch changes man into a new form

I'm not saying they're so far apart that it's not funny, I said they're similar, but saying they're the same is wrong.

yeesh

They're similar, not the same...

You even say so yourself, Guyver suits make it so they human can fit inside.

Append Gear makes a new body for you to use.

Guyver suit is reshaping human to fit into mold.

Append Gear is transforming your body into the "suit".

Guyver = Man enters suit -> Suit changes man to fit into suit

Append gear = Man activates watch -> Watch changes man into a new form

I'm not saying they're so far apart that it's not funny, I said they're similar, but saying they're the same is wrong.

yeesh

The concept/idea of technology changing the host is the same. Not the way the individual series go about making the change, not the end result, only the concept/idea of changing the host via advanced tech.

The concept/idea of technology changing the host is the same. Not the way the individual series go about making the change, not the end result, only the concept/idea of changing the host via advanced tech.

Oh ok.

My bad I guess I didn't read correctly.

You still suck argh I lost how dare you

EDIT

Still, the reason I talked about ratman was because he wasn't following all of the guyver theory. It's just the same concepts about morphing. So technically I win. Success.

If you don't get it, the point of me mentioning ratman was because of him pretty much morphing into a new form. As far as a knew Guyver didn't do that.

Edited by Jakcal

You answered your own question in that question, it's a game mechanic. DE isn't going to delete anyone's account to fit lore.

You're misinterpreting the theory i just typed out too. The Tenno is NOT a shapeshifter. They do not have the ability to freely morph their body with this theory, the Warframe is reshaping the Tenno to fit it's mold.

I do not understand the point of your Zanuka question either. What does a Tenno being a shapeshifter have to do with whether they'd die or not if used for parts?

1. Wow, you guys here are realy eager to draw the game mechanic card. Lore is desinged to fit the gameplay. Look at all the other games where you are immortal - there is always an explonation for it. You can lable something as game mechanic if it doesnt have any link to the lore at all. In Warframe there is a whole gamemode about Tenno killing each other for practice to combat Sentients. Tell me that this isnt lore relayted and you shot yourself in the foot dear sir.

2. I did not misunderstood your theory, I dont see it working. Tenno are not shapeshifters in your theory but have the same ability, only with restriction for changing frame. There is someting as generalization and I used it there.

3. Zanuka question isnt the question by itself. Its a fallowup question to the original. We know that Tenno die. We know that Tenno in game after death in a mission dont die. We know that the bodies arent retrived in some cases. So if your theory says that Tenno are humans (it says so, they are morphed to fit frames) how does it fit into the facts I presented. I came up with a theory that fits that. Your theory howether doesnt fit them in my opinion. This is a serious issue and I use here the scientific definition of theory. It requires only one controdictory evidence to make the whole thoery unvalid.

Oh ok.

My bad I guess I didn't read correctly.

You still suck argh I lost how dare you

EDIT

Still, the reason I talked about ratman was because he wasn't following all of the guyver theory. It's just the same concepts about morphing. So technically I win. Success.

If you don't get it, the point of me mentioning ratman was because of him pretty much morphing into a new form. As far as a knew Guyver didn't do that.

This is not a contest, so there is no winning or losing. That is a really silly way to look at this discussion. I'm trying to help you understand the concept but you still fail to see it. 

You were presenting Ratman's concept(Technology morphing the host) as if it wasn't already discussed in this thread but it was.

Our little discussion was never about whether Warframes are copying Ratman or Guyver.

It also seems like you don't fully understand Ratman's transformation. The way you present it makes it sound like he is shapeshifting on his own without the tech.

Concept: Technology that alters the Host/Hero's body.

Still not sure what point you're trying to make because the concept is still the same in the end. Something is changing the Tenno into something else completely or changing them so they can pilot their Warframes. The former is highly unlikely since we have to build the Warframe helmet, chassis, systems, and then combine the pieces. This implies that we're building a suit, not a morphing watch. You're being blinded with willful ignorance caused by a desire to be right in a self-imposed contest.

1. Wow, you guys here are realy eager to draw the game mechanic card. Lore is desinged to fit the gameplay. Look at all the other games where you are immortal - there is always an explonation for it. You can lable something as game mechanic if it doesnt have any link to the lore at all. In Warframe there is a whole gamemode about Tenno killing each other for practice to combat Sentients. Tell me that this isnt lore relayted and you shot yourself in the foot dear sir.

Except that Warframes/Tenno can die. Most obvious evidence is that when the G3 appears, the Lotus told you to go to Extraction right away. If they delete our account simply because we die, then this game would already be dead, or half dead by now.

Except that Warframes/Tenno can die. Most obvious evidence is that when the G3 appears, the Lotus told you to go to Extraction right away. If they delete our account simply because we die, then this game would already be dead, or half dead by now.

This.

This is not a contest, so there is no winning or losing. That is a really silly way to look at this discussion. I'm trying to help you understand the concept but you still fail to see it. 

You were presenting Ratman's concept(Technology morphing the host) as if it wasn't already discussed in this thread but it was.

Our little discussion was never about whether Warframes are copying Ratman or Guyver.

It also seems like you don't fully understand Ratman's transformation. The way you present it makes it sound like he is shapeshifting on his own without the tech.

Concept: Technology that alters the Host/Hero's body.

Still not sure what point you're trying to make because the concept is still the same in the end. Something is changing the Tenno into something else completely or changing them so they can pilot their Warframes. The former is highly unlikely since we have to build the Warframe helmet, chassis, systems, and then combine the pieces. This implies that we're building a suit, not a morphing watch. You're being blinded with willful ignorance caused by a desire to be right in a self-imposed contest.

Ok

I'm just trying to be light hearted. This isn't my job so I'm just trying to have a little fun.

Yeesh

You get points for formality though

Edited by Jakcal

This.

You dont get it. Tenno as frames die constantly. Especialy in conclave. DE would not make a mistake trying to ignore that fact. Im not saying that they should delete account after you die in game. I say that thats not the case coz death in game most probaly is conected to lore and its constructed in shuch a way that Tenno can die as frames but survive as higher being (energy of AI, doesnt matter in this case, I dont see how that would make a diffrence at all) to fight another day, just like in conclave. Im saying that from my perspective energy+body duality is the most probable. Your idea of morfing is for me just too inconsistant. I adress the inconsistcies but you try to slap "game mech" tag on it and ignore it.

TLDR Still: Lore is desinged to fit gameplay. If there is no explonation for things being as they are (die in mission, play another one) there should be some in the future and DE made a huge and dumb mistake. I dont suspect DE of making one therefor I think that there will be explonation.

You dont get it. Tenno as frames die constantly. Especialy in conclave. DE would not make a mistake trying to ignore that fact. Im not saying that they should delete account after you die in game. I say that thats not the case coz death in game most probaly is conected to lore and its constructed in shuch a way that Tenno can die as frames but survive as higher being (energy of AI, doesnt matter in this case, I dont see how that would make a diffrence at all) to fight another day, just like in conclave. Im saying that from my perspective energy+body duality is the most probable. Your idea of morfing is for me just too inconsistant. I adress the inconsistcies but you try to slap "game mech" tag on it and ignore it.

TLDR Still: Lore is desinged to fit gameplay. If there is no explonation for things being as they are (die in mission, play another one) there should be some in the future and DE made a huge and dumb mistake. I dont suspect DE of making one therefor I think that there will be explonation.

You didn't address any valid inconsistencies and you speak of lore yet fail to see the inconsistencies in your theory with the lore. If people present the proof in game of Tenno dying permanently, you'll probably try and write it off or make something up to counter a fact.

Take alook at Revives. Each warframe we own get 4 a day.

If we run out with Mag, we switch to Loki and got 4 there as well.

What do Tenno posess, to return from death? The Oro.

If we do it the hard way, and explain why we end up on the Liset after we die, in Lore-terms - then the answer must be that we are brought there.

Somehow we are rescued, by Lotus or other Tenno and escape in a Liset.

We then heal and go out on a new mission.

The revives can represent that the warframe is out of action/ lost in battle until we get it back.

We revive other Tenno by "healing" them by surging their systems from our palms.

We can allso capture humans in energyform inside the warframe.

A Tenno could therefore be a datastream traveling back from the failed warframe. Seen star trek?

Oro is Sentients, Tenno have something else.

I am not so sure about that.

WIKI.

"Oro is the binding force for an enemy who like the Tenno can survive the death" - Teshin.

"That is the Oro, which represents the resurrection ability of Tenno and other enemies that Teshin is most concerned with" DE Steve, Devstream 52.

The Oro is an orb released upon death of a Tenno in Conclave's Annihilation mode.

◇◆◇◆◇◆

You didn't address any valid inconsistencies and you speak of lore yet fail to see the inconsistencies in your theory with the lore. If people present the proof in game of Tenno dying permanently, you'll probably try and write it off or make something up to counter a fact.

No actualy. I would back of. But you see. There wont be that fact. We have evidence that Tenno dont die permanently in most cases. The only one that we know of are thoes before the cryosleep - Mirage and Limbo. If they didnt die they would tell us how. There wouldnt be a quest for both of them. But in PvP Tenno die. It is centered around it. They die and survive that. 

Take alook at Revives. Each warframe we own get 4 a day.

If we run out with Mag, we switch to Loki and got 4 there as well.

What do Tenno posess, to return from death? The Oro.

If we do it the hard way, and explain why we end up on the Liset after we die, in Lore-terms - then the answer must be that we are brought there.

Somehow we are rescued, by Lotus or other Tenno and escape in a Liset.

We then heal and go out on a new mission.

The revives can represent that the warframe is out of action/ lost in battle until we get it back.

We revive other Tenno by "healing" them by surging their systems from our palms.

We can allso capture humans in energyform inside the warframe.

A Tenno could therefore be a datastream traveling back from the failed warframe. Seen star trek?

Thats not how I would put it but yeach. Great example. I was inspired by other Sci-Fi source but i guess there is something analogus to that in Star Trek.

Oro is Sentients, Tenno have something else.

Tenno are Oro too. PvP is centered around it. We train that way to kill sentients coz we are very similar to them.

Edited by Xardis

WIKI.

"Oro is the binding force for an enemy who like the Tenno can survive the death" - Teshin.

"That is the Oro, which represents the resurrection ability of Tenno and other enemies that Teshin is most concerned with" DE Steve, Devstream 52.

The Oro is an orb released upon death of a Tenno in Conclave's Annihilation mode.

◇◆◇◆◇◆

I kind of agree with him. Otherwise we're killing each other for real in the conclaves.

WIKI.

Keywords being: like and represents. Not 'exactly' and 'is the same thing as'.

So why, if we are being trained to fight the Sentients, who definitely do have an Oro, why would the only time we ever see that, be in one Conclave mode?

Tenno are Oro too. PvP is centered around it. We train that way to kill sentients coz we are very similar to them.

Our immortality is similar, but the means of it is different.

Do none of you remember, the Void is toxic to Sentients? If the Oro is from the Void, and is our life force, shouldn't it weaken, or even flat out kill Sentients?

No actualy. I would back of. But you see. There wont be that fact. We have evidence that Tenno dont die permanently in most cases. The only one that we know of are thoes before the cryosleep - Mirage and Limbo. If they didnt die they would tell us how. There wouldnt be a quest for both of them. But in PvP Tenno die. It is centered around it. They die and survive that. 

You're not actually killing each other in Conclave. 

No facts? What do you call these then?

• "Alad V's newest prototype is a monstrosity forged from the bodies of our fallen Tenno, we cannot allow Zanuka to go into full production. Destroy Alad V and his horrid 'pet'."

• "The Zanuka prototype has made Alad V a very dangerous man. If he is allowed to carry out his plans, no Tenno in this system will be safe."

• "Too many Tenno have perished to make Alad's abomination. There will be no stopping the Corpus if Zanuka is mass produced. You are here to make sure that doesn't happen."

There is also the fact that Lotus chose not to destroy the Tenno and hid them. There are more instances and none of these pieces of dialog would exist if Tenno couldn't die at all.