Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

This have turned into a contest of who is wright. We don't need that.

We need good theories that can be compared and merged, not bash each others heads in.

If I may, as we have discussed at leangth it is probable that the warframes are alive, and semi-conscious. It is very possible that that is why Alad uses parts, why Mesa could be used by an infested pilot, why Valkyr is angry as hell even with a new Tenno pilot.

I think the answer is somewhere in the middle of all our thoughts.

But I still would not rule out sentient and tenno kinship in some way. One was used to fight the other after all.

Agreed. However, I still think a theory shouldn't rule out valid information that is present ingame for pure speculation. 

I don't completely rule out the possibility of Warframes sharing some kind of relationship with the Sentients. I have came up with some ideas about it. We need more evidence for me to completely stand by it though. 

That makes no sense. The Tenno that went into cryostasis are the same Tenno that came out. These Tenno were the same ones that fought the Sentient, meaning if Mirage and Limbo (the original users of these frames) did not die then they would have been in cryosleep and awoken from it like the rest of the Tenno.

If Tenno are computer programs on Lisets or anything at all of that nature then cryostasis is completely unnecessary. Tenno have natural biological life-spans of some sort, otherwise they could have stayed hidden in lisets cloaked and floating through the void or even regular space. Ordis is the ship, which he says during one of his truth-telling glitches. If the Tenno are one with the Liset then WE would be the ship and Ordis would be... Completely unnecessary since we could control all ship functions if we're just some advancd AI like a cephalon anyway. That theory makes no sense.

Well, keep in mind that another reason for the cryosleep MAY have been hide the Tenno, make the Sentients think the final sequence was done ("All is silent and calm, hushed and empty is the womb of the sky"), as much as preserve them. And as I've vouched for the biological nature of the Warframes might have accounted for that as well.

But all in all I do agree with the notion that the Tenno aren't just A.I. programs and aren't controlling the Warframe from a distance, either of which being able to be "stored in the Liset - if they were, then there would have been no issue with Vor putting the Ascaris onto the Warframe at the start of the Vor's Prize, just jump out of that thing the moment you get into the Liset and huddle in the Liset while you wait for rescue.

While the Tenno aren't BOUND to the Warframes, they certainly have a VERY close relationship with them, to the point where the only viable solution would have been to switch out of your Warframe into another, but you just didn't have the time for that with the Ascaris creeping throughout the Warframe.

Edited by Morec0

Well, keep in mind that another reason for the cryosleep MAY have been hide the Tenno, make the Sentients think the final sequence was done ("All is silent and calm, hushed and empty is the womb of the sky"), as much as preserve them. And as I've vouched for the biological nature of the Warframes might have accounted for that as well.

But all in all I do agree with the notion that the Tenno aren't just A.I. programs and aren't controlling the Warframe from a distance, either of which being able to be "stored in the Liset - if they were, then there would have been no issue with Vor putting the Ascaris onto the Warframe at the start of the Vor's Prize, just jump out of that thing the moment you get into the Liset and huddle in the Liset while you wait for rescue.

While the Tenno aren't BOUND to the Warframes, they certainly have a VERY close relationship with them, to the point where the only viable solution would have been to switch out of your Warframe into another, but you just didn't have the time for that with the Ascaris creeping throughout the Warframe.

This post made me think about the part of inhabiting the Liset. I belive that I was mistaken in that part. I still hold that Tenno are AI-ish being but they dont live in Liset direcly. They can inhabit only frames. They can change frame using Oro. They can revive frames using Oro too. They can only carry so many Oro at a time. Oro is replenished naturaly by bodies in frames. If you run out of revives in mission and you are killed you still have 1 left, you can use it to inhabit another frame. As to Ascaris, I belive in that quest you dont have acces to market so you shouldnt be able to change frames coz you have no extra ones. I may be wrong as to that one.

• 3 weeks later...

The Tenno doesn't actually speak, you just get a dialog option like the Simaris quest. People are reading into it too much.

Not really, multiple theories can be formed:

1. We do speak but we aren't seen speaking to preserve the image that we speak using our own voices and not a predetermine game one.

2. We project our voices psychically as a way of communication. This explains how we can chat globally and its just our thought waves being sent out like radio waves.

3. Interpreted dance. The emotes we perform are way we communicate with non-tenno.

Not really, multiple theories can be formed:

1. We do speak but we aren't seen speaking to preserve the image that we speak using our own voices and not a predetermine game one.

2. We project our voices psychically as a way of communication. This explains how we can chat globally and its just our thought waves being sent out like radio waves.

3. Interpreted dance. The emotes we perform are way we communicate with non-tenno.

Sad that i have to reiterate. 

The Tenno doesn't actually speak ingame, you just get a dialog option like the Simaris quest.

My statement is saying we didn't actually use a voice in the dialog option. What you're doing is reading too much into it. The only thing that makes sense is number one for obvious reasons. Number two is not likely because we're probably just using a communication device that is built into the Warframe. The only thing that can probably communicate via psychic means are Infested entities by tapping into the Warframe.

There doesn't need to be a theory for every single thing ingame. Alad was just insulting the Tenno by calling them "mute peasants".

So what's this I hear about Tenno talking in the new quest?

As you can see there's some debate, personally though I'm of the mind we can - don't think that doesn't mean we have to be flesh inside the suit, but as long as we're not normal people that could go about normal business just by taking off our Warframe I'll be fine with whatever.

As you can see there's some debate, personally though I'm of the mind we can - don't think that doesn't mean we have to be flesh inside the suit, but as long as we're not normal people that could go about normal business just by taking off our Warframe I'll be fine with whatever.

I'm on the mind that we are able to send what we feel to others and they can convey that to words like Len from Tsukihime, Shiki can "translate" what she is feeling and forms full sentences for us. Maybe we take this a step further and send our emotions to others in such way that they can know exactly what we are "saying".

Just like Darvo can know exactly what Clem is saying even though its just "Clem" and "Grakata".

I'm on the mind that we are able to send what we feel to others and they can convey that to words like Len from Tsukihime, Shiki can "translate" what she is feeling and forms full sentences for us. Maybe we take this a step further and send our emotions to others in such way that they can know exactly what we are "saying".

Just like Darvo can know exactly what Clem is saying even though its just "Clem" and "Grakata".

Well, let's be honest: Clem's Hodor-speak's for the sake of comedy, that's just the general trope of how it goes, plus I think there's the implication that Darvo's known Clem for longer but eh.

I've said it once, I'll say it a million times again: this is why we need a confirmed Tenno NPC in-game.

Edited by Morec0

• 2 months later...

Tenno, us humans have gotten the energy to not only control our dreams, but live them. They are real, in the warframe suit that you'r inner energy controls. 

The Warframes are the suits, Tenno are us. We are Tenno, controlling the warframes from our energy, Our pods where we have, Second Dream's.

Tenno: Us humans with energy from the orokin times. (what u18 just revealed)

Warframe: The suit, the meat/metall suit we control. (We do not wear the Warframes)

Do not be confused, there is logic to each aspect of it. You just gotta see it. See it with the mind.

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium
  • Like 1

I wouldnt say tenno is energy theory is busted, its more like both theories are correct, yes we are flesh and blood but its our energy that controls the frame as we see with "operator" controlling frame directly, which means BOTH people who said  tenno are flash and blood, and people who said they are energy are correct

Edited by Culaio