The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

So we are flesh over energy and just happen to be able to swap genders in a blink of an eye? Is this some sort of Hentai game? Feel really sorry for the limbo who takes off part of his head when he tips his hat though explains why he is thought of as crazy.

In EVERY lore piece the warframe/hull is considered as "steel"/metal not as living organism. So the theory of that the warframe needs oxygen is a very very far stretched theory. Not impossible though - just unreasonable considering the information basis we have available.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a mix of Technocyte and Steel.

uh yeah here's a vid where they use a powerful magnet to affect a person's brain. there's others like it but that's the one that came immediately to mind.

but i'm still not convinced that the Orokin relied heavily on non-biological technology in the WF, since most of their technology would be victim to sentient attacks. and sentient attack shielding during that time (i think in chroma quest there was something done) doesn't make sense either since that would invalidate the necessity of the Tenno to win the war.

As far as the rhino codex, none of the other prime codex's have ever NOT talked about the tenno in some way, and considering how the beast can't really be considered a Tenno, it DOES resembled a proto-rhino frame through a few details.

as far as Ordis-Tardis theory i thought that was debunked through that extra ship that ordis connects to. But the Tardis I was refering to was how to fit a big guy like rhino into a skinny frame like nekros, hence the Tardis theory.

The things with the Rhino is that nothing implies it's the suit. It even uses powers, unless you want to argue that the powers come from the suit.

The things with the Rhino is that nothing implies it's the suit. It even uses powers, unless you want to argue that the powers come from the suit.

I would totally argue that the suit manipulates void energy to produce the end product of a fireball, or a sonic boom, otherwise why would the WF be needed to begin with? and why couldn't I use iron skin on a nekros?

"with each Warframe the Tenno owns being a 'glass' through which that 'energy' is focused."

metaphorical or not, that phrase ultimately lends the support that the Tenno supply the energy, however it is the WF that shapes it into something specific.

What I consider the proto-rhino is just that, a prototype, that without the power of the Tenno could only produce a crude version of iron skin as hinted in the rhino codex.  for either theory this can be considered fact, as many times the prototype are different from the final product, and who knows how much experimentation went into the WF from that point to achieve the rhino we know today.

I would totally argue that the suit manipulates void energy to produce the end product of a fireball, or a sonic boom, otherwise why would the WF be needed to begin with? and why couldn't I use iron skin on a nekros?

"with each Warframe the Tenno owns being a 'glass' through which that 'energy' is focused."

metaphorical or not, that phrase ultimately lends the support that the Tenno supply the energy, however it is the WF that shapes it into something specific.

What I consider the proto-rhino is just that, a prototype, that without the power of the Tenno could only produce a crude version of iron skin as hinted in the rhino codex. for either theory this can be considered fact, as many times the prototype are different from the final product, and who knows how much experimentation went into the WF from that point to achieve the rhino we know today.

Oh forgot to say, I honestly believe in the individual Tenno. That would explain the children and why Nekros can't use Iron Skin. Then again, everything else points to one tenno for all suits which the energy being explains.

What I consider the proto-rhino is just that, a prototype, that without the power of the Tenno could only produce a crude version of iron skin as hinted in the rhino codex.  for either theory this can be considered fact, as many times the prototype are different from the final product, and who knows how much experimentation went into the WF from that point to achieve the rhino we know today.

IMO I think the frames can do nothing without the Tenno. Even Chroma's Effigy, the only place we see a detached warframe section, acts as a simple sentry and still draws energy from the Tenno. Remember that the Zariman child burnt Kaleen similar to Ember. Warframe's were built around the Zariman's survivors (and I'm guessing later clones/experiments as well) to focus their powers, not to grant them their powers. We also had Mesa, powered by infested flesh, and most recently Chroma powered by what is most like Sentient tech.

I'm guessing the Tenno can harness a variety of powers but crudely, the frames are built to focus the void energies in specific ways as to grant the very specific and focused powers we see in each warframe (yes, I'm in the mono-tenno camp, but that's a argument for a different thread :) ).

Edited by KracsNZ

I like thinking that tenno are robots, but i know this is not true. However that Mag face confuses me <+>_<+>

PD: the robot thing, just an idea i got when i first saw the game, i liked the idea and stick with it, even when i know this is really incorrect and a bad idea... but you know, i like when the thinks are watched in a diferent point of view Xd

Mag: Look into my eyes... LOOK INTO MY EYES!!!

Mag: Did you find them yet?

Corpus: No?...

Mag: Good 

EDIT: what i mean in this little story, is that mag's face doesn't have one. Oh and have you notice that in the Relays are fisic form tenno? (or thats what i think they are anyways >_>, and i dont know how to writte tenno in plural, dam im so confuced now >_<)

What are you guys talking about? What's this about Mag's eyes? Did something happen while I was gone?

Let me just start by saying, I never believed in that theory, but some people did, and today it occurred to me why it's not possible. Some of you may have put two and two together already, but I'll explain anyway.

Alright, so I was helping a friend with the last part of the Chroma quest, he underestimated the enemy, and the objective wasn't doing too good, long story short, we decided to fight to the death for the hell of it. At one point, not sure why I remembered it then, but I said "we'll die smiling like Mirage" that's when I realized the final nail was set in the coffin of that theory.

In Mirage's quest, at one point, Lotus says "She is smiling because she knows I am lying..." Energy, can't smile! Only flesh can! She also says something about the Mirage comforting her [Lotus] which means Tenno can talk.

So, any of you still think we're energy? No? Good.

You do realize that energy can take form and give itself shape and, in fact, smile. There are also beings made of energy that can produce sound and/or communicate via telepathy.

This theory of theory debunking has been debunked.

And NO theory can be debunked because we don't have enough information.

First: 500+ replies. O_O

Second, since an infested body could pilot Mesa, that is a Warframe - that ONLY Tenno can use - this is fairly conclusive evidence that Tenno are not in fact energy and that it is in fact a GOOD CHANCE that Tenno are part Technocyte, part human.

Prove me wrong.

Second, since an infested body could pilot Mesa, that is a Warframe - that ONLY Tenno can use - this is fairly conclusive evidence that Tenno are not in fact energy and that it is in fact a GOOD CHANCE that Tenno are part Technocyte, part human.

Prove me wrong.

Zanuka?  The Hyena Pack?  Those were made from carved up Tenno/Warframes and, presumably, given that the Corpus still use the things, robotic rather than infested on the inside. 

There are points where the Tenno relationship with the Infestation is unclear.  The Ether Sword says it was a humane way to kill "allies" rather than "brethren" who were being taken over by the Infestation; though that may be either because they were choosing a word for both fellow Tenno and supporting fighters, or a choice not to use that style of english.  One would assume that being infected with a tame strain of the Technocyte would inoculate them to the Infestation, though in survivals the environmental hazard is spores attempting to infest you.  Though that itself implies that being infested is still a danger to Tenno, implying that something about us can be co-opted badly enough that we avoid it. 

This is still going on?

Sure, why not? 

Its at least as fun as grinding the Void for that one prime part I need, and far less mind-numbing. 

Zanuka? The Hyena Pack? Those were made from carved up Tenno/Warframes and, presumably, given that the Corpus still use the things, robotic rather than infested on the inside.

There are points where the Tenno relationship with the Infestation is unclear. The Ether Sword says it was a humane way to kill "allies" rather than "brethren" who were being taken over by the Infestation; though that may be either because they were choosing a word for both fellow Tenno and supporting fighters, or a choice not to use that style of english. One would assume that being infected with a tame strain of the Technocyte would inoculate them to the Infestation, though in survivals the environmental hazard is spores attempting to infest you. Though that itself implies that being infested is still a danger to Tenno, implying that something about us can be co-opted badly enough that we avoid it.

Sure, why not?

Its at least as fun as grinding the Void for that one prime part I need, and far less mind-numbing.

You did nothing to prove me wrong, though. Using parts of a warframe / tenno with robotic parts is not proof of energy.

What is your point?

You did nothing to prove me wrong, though. Using parts of a warframe / tenno with robotic parts is not proof of energy.

What is your point?

Point being, trying to argue that because a warframe can be operated by infested flesh that Tenno must be basically organic and most likely infested does not follow conclusively when there are other examples that work which don't involve the infestation at all.  Cases in point, Zanuka, the Hyena Pack, and whatever was done to Chroma. 

Now personally, I think that the idea of Tenno as energy beings going all poltergeist on the warframes is a little rediculous; between the things we do know about the Tenno and what we can infer from the story about where all this is going I don't think only energy creatures is an option.  But if you're going to argue evidence for one theory, you ought to try draw conclusions that are a bit sturdier than that. 

Prove me wrong.

We might even be completely human. Lotus says during the Mesa fight, something about it being a hollow (another metaphor) Warframe, being piloted by infested mass. That means either A: Alad infested the Tenno inside it, or B: Removed the Tenno and replaced it with some kind of infested. Either way it's a big red flag saying "Tenno are human."

This is still going on?

Sure, why not? 

<3

Here is another consideration, when you build a warframe, it is comprised of a chassis, systems, and a helmet. The helmet suggests that it is worn, otherwise it would be a head that you build. There is no mention of organic parts in the building of a warframe, which also suggests that the tenno themselves are wearing them. Warframes are reproducible, but the tenno are not, this is what vor may have meant when he referred to us as energy versus the lens that focuses our power.

Finally, DE tends to favor fanart of tenno unmasked with runes and fissures of energy running through them. They may have accepted this as what the tenno look like because it is popular and their idea was not fleshed out entirely. Like it or not we, the players, have influenced the development and imagery of warframe. DE loves this game, its their baby and we are helping them build it.

Prove me wrong.

We know that frames have something that move them from the Rhino Prime lore.

But as you can see from the Rhino lore and Alad V, the Infested\TC virus Frame wearers only listen to infested commands.

The answer that the Orokin found were... the energy beings! The energy being can take control of the Infested Frame wearers and pilot the whole thing.

The energy being that were found while digging, what we see in the Lancer lore.

What are those energy being? BABY SENTIENTS!

We are baby sentients that have being energy brainwashed into listening to the Orokin.

This is why we the Tenno rebelled. Some one must've found out the truth then the tenno got revenge.

Eventually some one must've hit some sort of shut off command and sent the Tenno to sleep. This is why the tenno suddenly disappear into exile.

This also explains why certain warframes have Tenno serial numbers. Cause the meat that wears the frame is nothing but another tool.

The Tenno are BABY SENTIENTS!

This is why all record of the old war is hidden. Because if the Tenno remember what they are they would go wild!

Hek, a group of Tenno already dont like Lotus. Tinshen, Simarilis, the Corpus even call her a traitor. 

Lotus is up to no good.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

I lol'd.

...You are joking, right?

Poe's Law

Though so long as you don't take it quite so far, its actually a fun line of thought.  Elsewhere Blatant Fool popped up the idea that Tenno are "half Sentients", or more likely, a human that has had a sentient "condense" into them without taking them over. 

From a mechanical standpoint it would explain a number of things.  An actual reason for us being able to host Void energy better than your average superhero story (I was bitten by a radioactive mollusk and now I am Mollusk Man!) not least of them. 

From a thematic standpoint it appeals to me because it puts the Tenno in the middle of everything.  Tenno are capable of dealing with anything because they are a little of everything, but alien to everyone as well.  Hence the desire for balance. 

Poe's Law

Though so long as you don't take it quite so far, its actually a fun line of thought.  Elsewhere Blatant Fool popped up the idea that Tenno are "half Sentients", or more likely, a human that has had a sentient "condense" into them without taking them over. 

From a mechanical standpoint it would explain a number of things.  An actual reason for us being able to host Void energy better than your average superhero story (I was bitten by a radioactive mollusk and now I am Mollusk Man!) not least of them. 

From a thematic standpoint it appeals to me because it puts the Tenno in the middle of everything.  Tenno are capable of dealing with anything because they are a little of everything, but alien to everyone as well.  Hence the desire for balance. 

But wouldn't that then make us susceptible to Sentient tech? Pretty sure the Tenno countered the Sentients because everything about them and everything they used was very basic tech wise (including the systems used in constructing warframes). If a portion of us, even a small portion, was tech based the Sentients would likely of been able to control those areas and limit us, or even outright neutralize us.