Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

the coolest one.

A digitized intelligence is cooler than a post human charged with chaos energy to the extent that they no longer have to obey a number of physical rules?  Mmkay, I'll chalk that up to preference.  Or something. 

Personally, I'm actually willing to ignore the body shapes entirely as a resource limitation rather than a feature of the game's story, but if we're insisting that its something that's a concrete in the story. . .

A digitized intelligence is cooler than a post human charged with chaos energy to the extent that they no longer have to obey a number of physical rules?  Mmkay, I'll chalk that up to preference.  Or something. 

Personally, I'm actually willing to ignore the body shapes entirely as a resource limitation rather than a feature of the game's story, but if we're insisting that its something that's a concrete in the story. . .

Screwing with physics as a result of void shenanigans is a trait of the Warframes and the Tenno inside no matter what they are. And if they're digitized humans it's no less posthuman. It's on the same level of badass reality warping, the only difference being the degree of squishiness involved.

I am still maintaining that if makes more sense that an actual body were in the Mirage warframe, than an AI.

I'd like to believe that AI have the benefit of being stored locally, so the last copy saved can be reinstalled into a different body.

Lotus really mourns the loss, and she loses her forever.

If Tenno are all energystreams it makes it so easy, we have seen this so many times before.

But sure, if AI is the prefered headcanon, thats just as viable for now.

With the teasers we've gotten for the new annihilation conclave game modes, Oro, or auro, has been revealed as at least part of the puzzle of tenno resurrection.

Of course this will be interpreted differently by everyone, but to me this lends credence to my theory. The oro is the tenno consciousness, 

which, if left alone, will seek out a new host body, a fresh warframe. It must be captured or destroyed in order to stop a tenno from reviving. The

corpus and grineer don't know about this, or at least how to do it, so they cant really kill the tenno, just knock us down for a bit. The sentients however, also posses an oro, according to tenshin, meaning they either have the knowledge or the innate ability to destroy ours, hence the mirage lore.

She was killed because the sentients are on the same level as the tenno, in terms of power

With the teasers we've gotten for the new annihilation conclave game modes, Oro, or auro, has been revealed as at least part of the puzzle of tenno resurrection.

Of course this will be interpreted differently by everyone, but to me this lends credence to my theory. The oro is the tenno consciousness, 

I interpret it as: Tenno don't have an Oro, that's a Sentient specific ...Thing.

I am still maintaining that if makes more sense that an actual body were in the Mirage warframe, than an AI.

I'd like to believe that AI have the benefit of being stored locally, so the last copy saved can be reinstalled into a different body.

Lotus really mourns the loss, and she loses her forever.

If Tenno are all energystreams it makes it so easy, we have seen this so many times before.

But sure, if AI is the prefered headcanon, thats just as viable for now.

Mirage, again, is an entirely different case. She's an original Tenno. As was Limbo before he accidentally fragged himself across the solar system. I'm certainly not disputing that the first Tenno to wear their unique suits were individual humans. But Tenno now, the ones who pattern their suits after all that old tech - they can be and almost certainly are a completely different matter. Or lack of matter...

which, if left alone, will seek out a new host body, a fresh warframe. It must be captured or destroyed in order to stop a tenno from reviving. The

corpus and grineer don't know about this, or at least how to do it, so they cant really kill the tenno, just knock us down for a bit. The sentients however, also posses an oro, according to tenshin, meaning they either have the knowledge or the innate ability to destroy ours, hence the mirage lore.

She was killed because the sentients are on the same level as the tenno, in terms of power

Would make more sense for it to be a soul. This sounds like another energy-being/ghost theory to me.

But Tenno now, the ones who pattern their suits after all that old tech - they can be and almost certainly are a completely different matter. Or lack of matter...

How did you come to this conclusion?

Edited by EmptyDevil

Mirage, again, is an entirely different case. She's an original Tenno. As was Limbo before he accidentally fragged himself across the solar system. I'm certainly not disputing that the first Tenno to wear their unique suits were individual humans. But Tenno now, the ones who pattern their suits after all that old tech - they can be and almost certainly are a completely different matter. Or lack of matter...

smh

I guess we're going to be murdering each other in conclave.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't say the sentients are on our level when one Mirage was slaughtering an army (until she was restrained)

How did you come to this conclusion?

To which conclusion? That it's possible for modern Tenno to not work the same way as the ancient Tenno did, or that they probably do? Admittedly I'm not sure of the exact quotes, but I think it was on the wiki - the player being a single Tenno and not a whole bunch of them in a swarm of Lisets has effectively been confirmed by dialogue, as far as I know. Therefore, there has to be a way of fitting the same person into both a Rhino and a Nova. Their having 'standard' human bodies is thus extremely unlikely. So if they're NOT AI, or some sort of 'void energy being', their physical forms inside the suits must be capable of deforming to fit inside any model of warframe.

Ergo, they're either incorporeal or corporeal but very squishy - although they probably still are descended in some way from human stock. And as far as I'm concerned, I much prefer advanced AI to squishy.

(Also, I personally am not one for souls, but that's just me.)

There is the space-time-compression theory.

Bigger on the inside so to speak.

The warframe fits any size, but on the outside they look different.

Considering what warframes can do it is not big thing to imagine.

To which conclusion? That it's possible for modern Tenno to not work the same way as the ancient Tenno did, or that they probably do? Admittedly I'm not sure of the exact quotes, but I think it was on the wiki - the player being a single Tenno and not a whole bunch of them in a swarm of Lisets has effectively been confirmed by dialogue, as far as I know. Therefore, there has to be a way of fitting the same person into both a Rhino and a Nova. Their having 'standard' human bodies is thus extremely unlikely. So if they're NOT AI, or some sort of 'void energy being', their physical forms inside the suits must be capable of deforming to fit inside any model of warframe.

Ergo, they're either incorporeal or corporeal but very squishy - although they probably still are descended in some way from human stock. And as far as I'm concerned, I much prefer advanced AI to squishy.

I think Tenno are flesh and blood, not AI or ghosts.

You're assuming that just because we only ever saw the Mirage and Limbo operator in Mirage and Limbo Warframes that they ONLY had access to those Warframes. That's a logical fallacy. It very well could have been that the Tenno mentioned in those quests were simply in those Warframes at the time, switched out from whatever they might have been in previously before that to infinitum.

You're assuming that just because we only ever saw the Mirage and Limbo operator in Mirage and Limbo Warframes that they ONLY had access to those Warframes. That's a logical fallacy. It very well could have been that the Tenno mentioned in those quests were simply in those Warframes at the time, switched out from whatever they might have been in previously before that to infinitum.

I always thought it was the original Mirage + Limbo spoken of in the quests.

obviously those infused by the void still looked VERY MUCH LIKE THEIR ORIGINAL SELVES.  that means that Vor, infused with the void, looks very much like himself with the separation of his midsection connected using "swirling thing of energy".

^ Snip

I personally think the people saying  "Vor is close to a Tenno" theory is on to something. The only reason we can see Vor's swirling energy in the first place is because Excalibur cut him in half during the original trailer and he "Died". He then revived similar to how the Tenno do, but with the Janus key giving him void energy power.  

This now begs the question though- if he had died by say, getting shot instead of getting cut in half, would he still look like normal Vor and have the void powers without us seeing the void energy? 

If the answer is YES, then I think that is how a Tenno would look, like a normal humanoid/Orokin Tenno (Whatever an Orokin looks like... I'm thinking human/Lotus like).

If the answer is no.... well... we continue the debate... :3

EDIT: To clarify, Vor would look normal and his golden light would be on the INSIDE. What we are seeing is similar to his guts spilling out. XD

Edited by Demarious

I personally think the people saying  "Vor is close to a Tenno" theory is on to something. The only reason we can see Vor's swirling energy in the first place is because Excalibur cut him in half during the original trailer and he "Died". He then revived similar to how the Tenno do, but with the Janus key giving him void energy power.  

This now begs the question though- if he had died by say, getting shot instead of getting cut in half, would he still look like normal Vor and have the void powers without us seeing the void energy? 

If the answer is YES, then I think that is how a Tenno would look, like a normal humanoid/Orokin Tenno (Whatever an Orokin looks like... I'm thinking human/Lotus like).

If the answer is no.... well,,, we continue the debate... :3

That's just a trailer. Lore-wise and in-game, you the player 'cut' him in half when you kill him.

That's just a trailer. Lore-wise and in-game, you the player 'cut' him in half when you kill him.

Regardless of WHICH frame did it, he still gets cut in half. But his physical appearance did not change much from when he was alive and Pre-corruption. The only other question is if the Janus key energy is indeed the same as the Tenno's void energy...  

"I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn- Vor"

I always thought it was the original Mirage + Limbo spoken of in the quests.

Just because they MIGHT have been the first to wear the frames back in the Orokin Era doesn't mean they were the ONLY ones to wear the frames even back in the Orokin Era - nor does it mean those were the ONLY frame they wore.

If the answer is no.... well... we continue the debate... :3

EDIT: To clarify, Vor would look normal and his golden light would be on the INSIDE. What we are seeing is similar to his guts spilling out. XD

Regardless of WHICH frame did it, he still gets cut in half. But his physical appearance did not change much from when he was alive and Pre-corruption. The only other question is if the Janus key energy is indeed the same as the Tenno's void energy...  

"I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its Janus Key, the Void called to me. It brought me here and here I was reborn- Vor"

In regards to this, it is perhaps noteworthy that when Vor dies he's SUPPOSED to disintegrate into particle effects. Sometimes this doesn't happen for half the body, but other times still the texture on the body changes but doesn't leave.

I've had instances when the lower torso goes all yellow-black but stays put.

And keep this in mind with the notion of Oro as well - Oro being what's responsible for us Tenno and certain enemies to come back to life... AND IS REPRESENTED IN THE UPCOMMING CONCLAVE MISSIONS AS A GLOWING ORB.

So... There's that.

Orokin might actually be interpreted as People of the Void, then.

If they found the power of immortality there calling it the Oro, from its golden glow, and using that power to elevate themselves into Godhood, they became known as the Emperors of Oro, the people the Orokin, the people of the Oro.

Feels abit like Adam in Bioshock.

What I don't like is how this screws with time.

If the Tenno was a product of turning to the Void, this means that the Orokin built the Towers and the Oro and basically all cool stuff during the war.

If the war had not forced them to look closer at the Void, they never would have evolved so far so fast. War have a tendency to bring out the very best and worst in us.

What I mean is the war must have dragged on for a century or more for all if this to happen.

Do all people in warframe hide their eyes because they have yellow glowing eyes?

Orokin might actually be interpreted as People of the Void, then.

If they found the power of immortality there calling it the Oro, from its golden glow, and using that power to elevate themselves into Godhood, they became known as the Emperors of Oro, the people the Orokin, the people of the Oro.

Feels abit like Adam in Bioshock.

What I don't like is how this screws with time.

If the Tenno was a product of turning to the Void, this means that the Orokin built the Towers and the Oro and basically all cool stuff during the war.

If the war had not forced them to look closer at the Void, they never would have evolved so far so fast. War have a tendency to bring out the very best and worst in us.

What I mean is the war must have dragged on for a century or more for all if this to happen.

Do all people in warframe hide their eyes because they have yellow glowing eyes?

Actually... it lines up nicely.

Think about it, the Tenno were originally created before the Orokin Era, in a time known as the Void Era. From there the humans at the time could have studied them, learned from them, studied what they called "Oro" and through their feeble understanding of it were able to bring themselves into the Orokin Era, creating the Orokin society and its ruling Emperors.

The Tenno were basically resources, tools to further their own progress - and they couldn't die either, because of their Oro. A dirty little secret hidden away and forgotten, becoming urban legend in time.

Only when the Sentients started to attack did we become weapons of war - as per the scientific prodding of Davis.

Now, why they were called "Oro"kin with this in mind is a mystery, but I'd say it has something to do with being Orokin as something of a state of mind - a purity, a richness, after all the father's identification as Orokin in the Anti Moa Synthesis was pretty distant, like it was something in his past. Like he was no longer Orokin. Perhaps this means Teshin was as well, Lotus too, but we'd need to know WHAT they are, first and foremost. Regardless, this "Oro" would then translate well into the longevity of Teshin, Lotus, Stalker, and perhaps the rest of the Orokin - the reason we would have to bring them down - immortality leads to corruption.

EDIT: Hell, this would work to explain why the Orokin had a gold fetish - Gold (the "Oro") was the basis of their whole society.

Edited by Morec0