Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

I remember the statement "more than fire burns". If you said that, then yes.

Just because you don't physically smile, doesn't mean your mind - your consciousness - doesn't process the act. In your head, you can still feel it within your brain, and, likewise, any other person within your brain could as well. Same for speech - even easier for speech, likely as you've been reading this you've been hearing a little voice in your head. Someone else, if they could tap into your head, could too.

What you said before, I remember saying almost exactly that not too long ago.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!

We are going total Kreig right now.

The most explosive, expanding, and forceful Lore Crafting entries I have read in one Year. Well done :)

I see agreement and contradictions, so nothing new here. I will say that we have come along way from the utter refusal to consider the infestation to be any part of the Tenno.

Chroma must allso be much more important than we can know at this point. The Tenno and Sentients are somehow linked together, and we will soon find out more about that.

As for Tenno being energy, I am unconvinced DE will want to go there. However, a mind-imprint in Technocyte-flesh is basically the same thing. It can be moved like a parasite between hosts.

Bodyswitching can be done in a number of ways.

1) Stargate Atlantis. Used a device to swap minds between two bodies for a limited time.

2) Hellboy 2. The gas-being scientist who can exist outside his suit, but needs it to function as a human.

3) Sixth Day. Brain-imprint used on clones for eternal life.

4) Spiderman. Venom is a.parasite who bond with a human host. Their combined minds determine what they together become.

5) Avatar. Dna matched clone controlled remotely via neural link.

Assuming this is responding to my post: it's amazing what a lack of sleep does for creative mind.

The personality imprint is also a favored theory of mine, and I totally agree with it regardless of energy or not - whatever fragments of personality the Warframe have mix with the Tenno's own individuality and creates something new. Imo, this idea actually kind of lends itself to the Tenno identifying themselves not by individual names but by the classification of the Warframe they're wearing at the time - with other Tenno picking up on the subtle ques or the unique Void imprint of theirs to be able to tell things like "that Ember is now this Limbo" (but I've said that all before).

Edited by Morec0

I crawl up the wall to stand, opposite the door. I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?" 

"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?" 

this is from rhino primes codex entry. I have a feeling on Zariman were a bunch of children who became tenno. Kaleen simply got burnt by ember.

EDIT: is anyone into warhammer 40k? Perhaps these suits are alot like aspect warriors, a person puts on the suit and "psychicly" manifests traits associated with the schools aspect. Thats what i feel it is, we own several tenno, and swap between them like suits.

as ordis says, OPERATOR  that warframe SUITS YOU.

people forget DE drops small hints everywhere.

Edited by DarkArchon

I crawl up the wall to stand, opposite the door. I've never seen this cell, a cold place with an array of shelves. A morgue? "Where are we, Davis?" 

"This is where they keep them. The ones from Zariman." I'm thrown, what was the Zariman? The ship that never returned? "Davis, what's going on?" 

this is from rhino primes codex entry. I have a feeling on Zariman were a bunch of children who became tenno. Kaleen simply got burnt by ember.

EDIT: is anyone into warhammer 40k? Perhaps these suits are alot like aspect warriors, a person puts on the suit and "psychicly" manifests traits associated with the schools aspect. Thats what i feel it is, we own several tenno, and swap between them like suits.

as ordis says, OPERATOR  that warframe SUITS YOU.

people forget DE drops small hints everywhere.

Tenno are the people, Warframes are the suits. We play a single player character Tenno who switches between the Warframes.

I think that's what you meant, just wanted to help clear up the terminology - I'm more sick of "Tennos" being used as a word than I really ought to be.

On topic: I've seen this theory before, and that's generally what I do think when it comes to the various personality traits of the Warframes and how they change when we switch between them - like how you can go from stoic and calm Ash to blowing-kisses Mirage on a whim - as well as, obviously, their powers.

I think Kaleen got burned by getting too close to one of the children on the Zariman that was in a state of duress. The kid was probably exuding a good about of void radiation and it burned Kaleen's face. I agree with More0, that the Tenno are just a person inside a suit. But I would love to know more about the reasons and techniques for creating those kids and by extension, our Tenno as well. The suits, I figure are thematically to the Orokin, a powered by a forsaken child situation. I assume, for extra creepy points, and the Rhino Prime entry, that the warframes were created by harvesting the exoskeleton and core mutations of infested test subjects and modifying those pieces to be our suits, The Ace Custom versions would be the Primes most likely and the mass production models would be our normal suits. I think that the suits don't require additional subject sacrifice after initial crafting of the suit because blueprints were made that allow the Orokin or us to relatively easily 3d print them just using similar resources.

But I would love to know more about the reasons and techniques for creating those kids and by extension, our Tenno as well. 

Because the Orokin were f*cked up, and totally fine with sending children to the unknown, where they could have potentially died. Likely one of the reasons we exterminated them.

Because the Orokin were f*cked up, and totally fine with sending children to the unknown, where they could have potentially died. Likely one of the reasons we exterminated them.

i think by extension we ARE orokin. Like we [the players] are human. But within that society is a classed hierarchy. The "orokin" are the political leaders of that society, who made decisions. Lets face it, if we were about to get wiped out, humanity would 100% send people, and then children, into a "void" where they became powerful killing tools...

i think by extension we ARE orokin. Like we [the players] are human. But within that society is a classed hierarchy. The "orokin" are the political leaders of that society, who made decisions. Lets face it, if we were about to get wiped out, humanity would 100% send people, and then children, into a "void" where they became powerful killing tools...

Most of the recent lore points to us being around but with a different purpose long before the sentients.

Perhaps my point has been said somewhere else in the thread but if it's flesh under the suit, an idea I support if I start with Excalibur. Use that suit for a while then build ember. Um why do I now have boobs?

I didn't before.

A pertinent question.

After all, reptiles don't have breasts. Why do we take on humanoid forms? Must we truly hide our real lizard bodies from the world?

Tinfoil Hat of Extreme Lore Theory FIRMLY on head.

Answer: To create spacewizards with guns.

Question: Why did the Orokin leadership send people into the void/fold?

Deeper Answer: Something happened that showed them that there was power in the fold-space. Something happened to make the orokin pour rescources into this venture.

Deeper Question: How did the Orokin KNOW they could send people into the crazed helldimension, and how did they know that would give them powers?

Super Deep Answer: The Orokin gave the name Tenno to their warriors after the legendary Hayden Tenno. Tenno was the first one who returned from the fold and survived.

He returned twisted, the Technocyte nanovirus in his body became super-charged with dark energy from the Fold.

Super Deep Question: Why did the rejected few become known as warrior gods called the Tenno?

Too Deep Answer: Tenno ARE the Technocyte; a living form of microscopic and selreplicating swarm of nanomachines, capable of performing "magic". They can evolve and grow, but they must have a body and a focus; infeasted tissue and tech-armor in the shape of a warframe.

Too Deep Question: What made the Tenno different? And what grants them their link to void energy and near immortality?

*göarbaglarbaböaarghhj*

Perhaps my point has been said somewhere else in the thread but if it's flesh under the suit, an idea I support if I start with Excalibur. Use that suit for a while then build ember. Um why do I now have boobs?

I didn't before.

Officially, no idea, they haven't really got around to telling us really how wearing the suits even works.

Unofficially, my theory is that the suits just have the look and physical build of whatever poor sap got to be made into an infested and harvested to make the suit. One of More0's theories is that the suits are based off the physical builds of Guardians and grown from their proportions. Either way, I think the inside of the suit functions similar to our ammo stores, invisible pockets, and Ordis's inventory as well - Hammerspace or small void pockets so they are spacious on the inside and exoskeletal bared skin on the outside. I figure the suits are like Guyvers in a way but the back perma black material on the spines and back side of many warframes are parts that seal the Tenno in when the suit is in use and then retract when it needs to get switched.

I've always sort of wondered, besides Ordis's line about our chosen Warframe, is there any lore/evidence that says the beings inside the Warframe can actually switch Warframes?

Steve confirmed mono Tenno in one of the dev streams, I forget which one and I'm not going to watch 50 dev streams to find it.

Officially, no idea, they haven't really got around to telling us really how wearing the suits even works.

Unofficially, my theory is that the suits just have the look and physical build of whatever poor sap got to be made into an infested and harvested to make the suit. One of More0's theories is that the suits are based off the physical builds of Guardians and grown from their proportions. Either way, I think the inside of the suit functions similar to our ammo stores, invisible pockets, and Ordis's inventory as well - Hammerspace or small void pockets so they are spacious on the inside and exoskeletal bared skin on the outside. I figure the suits are like Guyvers in a way but the back perma black material on the spines and back side of many warframes are parts that seal the Tenno in when the suit is in use and then retract when it needs to get switched.

That's actually a really neat idea. ^.^ Made me remember those movies too. Loved 'em as a kid.

OT:

Personally, I've been subscribing to the "it's a game and we're playing multiple characters/it doesn't have to make sense as it's a game mechanic" idea.

Tenno, to me, are void-touched humans/Orokin. Kids, orphans likely, experimented on en masse in secret due to either desperation (sentient/infested incursions) or plain old evil/manipulative government BS by the Orokin. Rhinos' and Embers' codex entries point (pretty damned directly) to this being the case.

They're humans/Orokin/maybe pre-cursors to Corpus...but warped, likely quite a damned bit, and the suits provide them with a simultaneous conduit and seal for the powers they've garnered.

I originally pictured each Tenno as possessing bodily traits of their 'chosen' frame, in that it's the frame they're put in because of said traits, not so much due to choice.

Except Ordis says, "Your chosen Warframe" which screws up my initial interpretation, so I guess I'll just fall back on the "lolgamemechanics" excuse.

That's actually a really neat idea. ^.^ Made me remember those movies too. Loved 'em as a kid.

OT:

Personally, I've been subscribing to the "it's a game and we're playing multiple characters/it doesn't have to make sense as it's a game mechanic" idea.

Tenno, to me, are void-touched humans/Orokin. Kids, orphans likely, experimented on en masse in secret due to either desperation (sentient/infested incursions) or plain old evil/manipulative government BS by the Orokin. Rhinos' and Embers' codex entries point (pretty damned directly) to this being the case.

They're humans/Orokin/maybe pre-cursors to Corpus...but warped, likely quite a damned bit, and the suits provide them with a simultaneous conduit and seal for the powers they've garnered.

I originally pictured each Tenno as possessing bodily traits of their 'chosen' frame, in that it's the frame they're put in because of said traits, not so much due to choice.

Except Ordis says, "Your chosen Warframe" which screws up my initial interpretation, so I guess I'll just fall back on the "lolgamemechanics" excuse.

Read my post right above yours. Wish we had more lore for this though.

Deeper Question: How did the Orokin KNOW they could send people into the crazed helldimension, and how did they know that would give them powers?

Super Deep Answer: The Orokin gave the name Tenno to their warriors after the legendary Hayden Tenno. Tenno was the first one who returned from the fold and survived.

He returned twisted, the Technocyte nanovirus in his body became super-charged with dark energy from the Fold.

Super Deep Question: Why did the rejected few become known as warrior gods called the Tenno?

Too Deep Answer: Tenno ARE the Technocyte; a living form of microscopic and selreplicating swarm of nanomachines, capable of performing "magic". They can evolve and grow, but they must have a body and a focus; infeasted tissue and tech-armor in the shape of a warframe.

Too Deep Question: What made the Tenno different? And what grants them their link to void energy and near immortality?

*göarbaglarbaböaarghhj*

They didn't.

All of the No.

Exept the first question. They knew what they were doing. And Heyden in Warframe is still one of the Big Secrets only DE knows about yet.

I think it makes sense he was part of the project, just not how.

Let me repeat myself for clarity.

QUOTE:*göarbaglarbaböaarghhj*

Uhh... Mkay...

Exept the first question. They knew what they were doing. And Heyden in Warframe is still one of the Big Secrets only DE knows about yet.

I think it makes sense he was part of the project, just not how.

Hayden Tenno is not a part of Warframe's timeline. End of story.