Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Doesn't it say Hayden Tenno on Excaliburs armor?

Game. Set. Match.

Seriously though. What I meant by my questions is we still know nothing.

Steve have the upper hand. In the next synthesis he could feature Heyden Tenno in ways we never even considered.

We KNOW Hayden existed in Warframes universe.

BUT our Hayden is not Dark Sectors Hayden.

He is a mystery and a great opportunity imo for the writers at DE to really be creative.

It's called an 'easter egg'.

Concession accepted

Also what do you guys think about this quote

"Each Tenno behind the Warframes have official concepts and ideas to what they look like as stated by Art Director Mynki in Devstream #4 which may or may not be revealed in the future. These concepts may also be subject to change throughout development."

Awesome to see this discussion still progressing with furious vigor.

I want to remind you all however, that although there are many theories, there is no set proof in any direction. If you disagree with another person’s theory, that does not mean that either their theory is wrong, or you are suggesting your own is false. It is simply another take on the information provided.

Treat each other with civility and be open minded.

GAME ON.

*eats popcorn*

Awesome to see this discussion still progressing with furious vigor.

I want to remind you all however, that although there are many theories, there is no set proof in any direction. If you disagree with another person’s theory, that does not mean that either their theory is wrong, or you are suggesting your own is false. It is simply another take on the information provided.

Treat each other with civility and be open minded.

GAME ON.

*eats popcorn*

Dank you

Concession accepted

Also what do you guys think about this quote

"Each Tenno behind the Warframes have official concepts and ideas to what they look like as stated by Art Director Mynki in Devstream #4 which may or may not be revealed in the future. These concepts may also be subject to change throughout development."

I think since that was #4, and the next one is #54, they could have potentially changed drastically. 

If anything, this proves they initially modelled and designed with Dark Sector in mind.

Not really surprising. Somewhere they chose not to reveal the Tenno. And that descision created a sense of mystery surrounding the Tenno that the devs in turn took advantage of, fueling our hunger for answers.

And here we are, Steve hinting we are not really human anymore, pieces of the puzzle slowly given to us.

This, Grizzly, is what I mean by we don't know if there is a plan to expand upon the myth of Hayden Tenno.

Sure it was a wink at Dark Sector, like the Glaive, Lotus, Stalker is reused material. I am still hoping they give us lore explaining the name Tenno.

If they do not, fine. If they, say put Hayden Tenno as one of the Guardians before the Tenno existed that would expand the lore of the Tenno and their past even further.

The Tenno must be able to bend their shape to fir the warframes as needed, which means either a plyable skeletal structure and organ system, or (my favorite theory) the Tenno are in a semi-ascended state of being in which they can "shift" how they appear and function in this world. It is my belief that this form of existence is how the Tenno draw their energy, and how they were affected by the void.

Earlier posts speculated about the physical appearance of the Tenno under the suits, but it really depends of whether or not the Tenno are "shifted" into their original appearance, or if they are in the state of being needed to utilize the Valkyr warframe.

Ember's backstory included the ship that (essentially) traveled through time, permanently altering its inhabitants. It is plausible that the Tenno are able to be in two places at once, with part of them being here, fighting Grineer and Corpus, and the rest of their existence stuck in the Void.

If we assume that the ship in Ember's backstory went through time, then we can assume that it is possible that the Tenno are copying their appearance from the other Tenno that originally inhabited those warframes. This makes sense if you remember how Vor describes himself more or less being a part of the Void, and being eternally sustained and retained by it. Potentially, the other Tenno left pieces of themselves behind in the Void, and are accessible to us in-game.

If this is remotely consistent with DE's idea, then there could be a story quest in the future in which we interact with one of the Tenno that had an original prime warframe, and potentially unlock the pieces to a new prime warframe *cough* *cough* *Ash Prime* *cough*.

Game. Set. Match.

Seriously though. What I meant by my questions is we still know nothing.

Steve have the upper hand. In the next synthesis he could feature Heyden Tenno in ways we never even considered.

We KNOW Hayden existed in Warframes universe.

BUT our Hayden is not Dark Sectors Hayden.

He is a mystery and a great opportunity imo for the writers at DE to really be creative.

I'm firmly convinced that a "Hayden Tenno" existed in the Warframe universe. That he did something that was world-changing and great enough to become a modern legend. That when the Orokin were looking for a way to beat the Sentients they looked back at that legend and attempted to replicate him.

Whether he's the same Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector - released-version OR concept-version - has yet to be seen.

I'm firmly convinced that a "Hayden Tenno" existed in the Warframe universe. That he did something that was world-changing and great enough to become a modern legend. That when the Orokin were looking for a way to beat the Sentients they looked back at that legend and attempted to replicate him.

Whether he's the same Hayden Tenno from Dark Sector - released-version OR concept-version - has yet to be seen.

Plot twist.

What if Ordis is Hayden consciousness? Mind blown!

The Tenno must be able to bend their shape to fir the warframes as needed, which means either a plyable skeletal structure and organ system, or (my favorite theory) the Tenno are in a semi-ascended state of being in which they can "shift" how they appear and function in this world. It is my belief that this form of existence is how the Tenno draw their energy, and how they were affected by the void.

Alternatively: the Warframe's bend their shape. Ala Guyver units.

My theory on the matter (aside from the "disembodied consciousness" one that goes against the OP) is that the Warframes partially absorb the Tenno into them, like a Venom symbiote, partially consuming their mas into the Warframe in a way that allows any Tenno to fit in any frame, and whenever the Tenno wants to move to a new frame they're just regurgitated, whole and unharmed, by the Warframe.

Plot twist.

What if Ordis is Hayden consciousness? Mind blown!

I once actually did consider the idea of Cephalons being consciousness ripped from the bodies of Sentients and enslaved by the Orokin, but recent reveals have sort of dismissed this for me.

I always figured the Warframe and the Tenno were both part of the same bio-mechanical organism, using humanity as a basic template.

Think Synths (Striders, Hunters, Gunships, etc) from the Half-Life games.

My opinion is that power type is based on genetics rather than on skill. Female develop different powers than males, and different body types are suitable for different power types.

My opinion is that power type is based on genetics rather than on skill. Female develop different powers than males, and different body types are suitable for different power types.

Never thought about it that way... Really quite interesting. 

I believe we are trying to put a square peg into a round hole here. The trailer for Dark Sectors has striking similarities if not exact replicas of what Warframe is today. Even Warframe wikia acknowledges the identical traits of the two. now, the actual game though depicts only portions of the similarities we saw in the trailer.

Why?

Ok. I did not play Dark Sectors and I may have missed those moments when it did, but from what I have seen, the trailer is not like the game.

My position is maybe the trailer is a showing of what happens to Hayden Tenno after the game Dark Sectors. I think I see Trinity in the game as well. It's a quick shot of her but can't miss her face.

DE needs to reveal more to close the gaps and explain these similarities.

If we saw Cobra Commander in the movie Big Red One, some of us would want an explanation as to why and what's the connection.

Never thought about it that way... Really quite interesting. 

Hmm, now that i am thinking about this again, i got another idea.

What if Void is consciousness, or even more of them? Different one represents different power. And every power is shaping receptors ( Tenno ) in the image of the first successful subject that accepted said power.

Would explain why genderswaps don't exist (in the game-universe context).

Hmm, now that i am thinking about this again, i got another idea.

What if Void is consciousness, or even more of them? Different one represents different power. And every power is shaping receptors ( Tenno ) in the image of the first successful subject that accepted said power.

I don't follow. Mostly on the account of I don't see how the Warframes suddenly become conduits for the "Force" of the Void, and don't see anything to suggest such a thing.

I think your "the genetics of the Warframes" idea was more spot-on than anything.

I believe we are trying to put a square peg into a round hole here. The trailer for Dark Sectors has striking similarities if not exact replicas of what Warframe is today. Even Warframe wikia acknowledges the identical traits of the two. now, the actual game though depicts only portions of the similarities we saw in the trailer.

Why?

Ok. I did not play Dark Sectors and I may have missed those moments when it did, but from what I have seen, the trailer is not like the game.

My position is maybe the trailer is a showing of what happens to Hayden Tenno after the game Dark Sectors. I think I see Trinity in the game as well. It's a quick shot of her but can't miss her face.

If we saw Cobra Commander in the movie Big Red One, some of us would want an explanation as to why and what's the connection.

That Dark Sector in which Trinity appears was never released. DE went back to it to pull some design - and race, such as the "Grineer" - ideas. We have even less to link THAT to Warframe than we do Dark Sector.

Why?

That trailer was the concept for Dark Sector. The final product was much, much, much different. Modern day being the biggest one. Even if those were the same universe, Hayden Tenno would be long dead from old age at the time of Warframe/Concept Sector.

Would explain why genderswaps don't exist (in the game-universe context).

I don't follow. Mostly on the account of I don't see how the Warframes suddenly become conduits for the "Force" of the Void, and don't see anything to suggest such a thing.

I think your "the genetics of the Warframes" idea was more spot-on than anything.

That Dark Sector in which Trinity appears was never released. DE went back to it to pull some design - and race, such as the "Grineer" - ideas. We have even less to link THAT to Warframe than we do Dark Sector.

Yep, my "consciousness" theory might be farfetched. Tho, some connection between same frames is in order.

Yep, my "consciousness" theory might be farfetched. Tho, some connection between same frames is in order.

I continue to maintain it's all about the genetics of the biomechanical Warframes creating a personality that feeds back onto whatever Tenno is wearing them (resulting in the animation stances and the personalities they convey).

I continue to maintain it's all about the genetics of the biomechanical Warframes creating a personality that feeds back onto whatever Tenno is wearing them (resulting in the animation stances and the personalities they convey).

Or if frames are bioengeneered from Infestation, concept of hive mind might apply here. Some level of individuality is left, but everything other is modelled by proto frame test subject.

Mentality I mean.

Edited by RoboDoge