Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Heh, maybe that's the line Blakrana was talking about?

It's not a hardcore way of saying one thing or another, but it is interesting to see the language that is used during these conversations - "occupy", "controlled", "hollow" (has anyone checked on that recently?). Perhaps it's just Cephalon-speak, perhaps it's more. We'll find out eventually.

That's the one, yes. Course, seeing like that explains how I recalled it as 'Tenno domination' not 'Tenno controlled etc etc dominates'.

Still, it does fit with the trend of wording around how Warframes are referred to, with or without Tenno. Ordis, Simaris and Lotus, respectively, for each comment.

I'd prefer if Sentients were neither machines nor organic lifeforms. Them being something else we can't exactly explain sounds much more apealing to me. Besides, if Sentients are just folks controlling robots from safety, they loose big scary villain rep instantly. There is nothing badass in hiding in safety while expendable proxy does everything.

We're going to be slaughtering these guys in droves.

Either way, they won't be very scary.

Sentient could be infested Cephalons.

Orokin might have send in Chepalons into the void long before trying it with their own people.

I'm sure they're Cephalons (rogue "cracked" Cephalons) but I don't think they're Infested. Cephalons are machines, machines being able to be Infested is a more recent development (Alad).

Sentients are designed as End Game-content. I wonder about that.

People will beat it and be whining for more in a few weeks at most. Nothing will change.

I recall Steve aiming for veteran players with the Sentient factions, so they might be pretty hard to beat. I'm hoping for something that makes the unnerfed Manic look like a loot crate.

I recall Steve aiming for veteran players with the Sentient factions, so they might be pretty hard to beat. I'm hoping for something that makes the unnerfed Manic look like a loot crate.

As long as there aren't invulnerability phases... DE has a hard on for making things immune to everything lately.

As long as there aren't invulnerability phases... DE has a hard on for making things immune to everything lately.

In a game where you can kill things in half a second... It's that or ludicrous amounts of health.

Are we talking about the new little Juggernaut or the Behemoth? The big one had more or less invulnerability when you couldn't hit it in the small belly section or ignore all that with Mesa since the Peacemaker automatically shoots weakspots. High enough melee damage got through the massive damage resist to a small extent and Nova's molecular prime's doubling damage made most of it damagable but that was sorta like fighting Drone Vey Hek with Terra Frame Vey Hek's life and 30 - 40 lvl advantages over a player's damage and survivability plateau. It was still quite doable, even solo, but it wasn't fun. If the drones alone are like that, I would have to conclude that the Devs don't understand balance and I would rather not want to have to go down that road. Stuff like that is fine for bosses, annoying but fine. Not acceptable for mass canon fodder enemies.

We know those drones in the video are used by the Sentient faction but I believe its similar to the Corpus, just because the Corpus like using Robots doesn't mean they are robots. Also, nothing the devs or background we have been given says that the Sentients are robots, just that they controlled any advanced tech thrown at them and couldn't stand up to the confusing nature of the void wielded by the Tenno.

If they adapted to anything, like some kind of playground kids playing with toys, we never would have beaten the Sentients out of the solar system. It makes sense that they would identify and adapt to strategies used to beat them, drones fly away from melee, charge gunslingers and rangers, try use dominated Bursa against ability users; but pure adaptability would be odd for a faction that got beaten solely because they had trouble adapting to warriors in biomechanical powersuits shooting space magic. It would be interesting if the Sentients could adapt machines and technology mid battle, and would be especially interesting if the more primitive mass produced model suits were safer against sentients than the gilded special models but that would just be weird for some. I would think that higher tech options like the Corpus gear wouldn't be as effective against them, the Grineer tech was massed produced against the Sentients in the first place so it could go either way, decent or fully adapted crud, but I would like to go the decent route, give a faction where impact is actually effective for killing blows, like against corpus robots, instead of just taking off shields.

Manic got nerf'd? How so? Might explain why I have yet to be killed by one :P

Oh? How's that work? I haven't actually faced off against him yet but that sounds VERY interesting.

I don't know exactly how the damage cap is scaled but on top of having insane DR he has a damage cap. Only problem with it currently is that it doesn't seem to take into account weapon type. So the opticors damage cap is the same as the Soma's damage cap (yay! another mechanic implemented without taking into account slow firing weapons!)

Juggernaught has two separate damage caps, for hitting him on his armored areas it's like 100 damage and for hitting him in his weakpoints it's 2000 damage (these are somewhat arbitrary numbers thanks to me not having encountered it but once outside of the event and I was on Mesa at the time so she just ate him alive with peacemaker.

Edited by Avenwing

I don't know exactly how the damage cap is scaled but on top of having insane DR he has a damage cap. Only problem with it currently is that it doesn't seem to take into account weapon type. So the opticors damage cap is the same as the Soma's damage cap (yay! another mechanic implemented without taking into account slow firing weapons!)

Juggernaught has two separate damage caps, for hitting him on his armored areas it's like 100 damage and for hitting him in his weakpoints it's 2000 damage (these are somewhat arbitrary numbers thanks to me not having encountered it but once outside of the event and I was on Mesa at the time so she just ate him alive with peacemaker.

Huh... neat. Yeah, I like that reduction idea MUCH more than just flat-out no damage, hopefully it becomes the norm.

Can't say much about slow-firing weapons, though, I don't use them. I'd just switch to a faster sidearm myself. Use the slow weapon for powerful mooks (Napalms, Techs, ect.) and whathave you. But I know that's not for everyone.

Edited by Morec0

It's teleporting has been made less frequent, i think they removed the invulnerability phase, place a cd on his health regen, and something else i think.

Not sure if that sounds like BS or fun xD

Kind of wouldn't mind a slight buff, I haven't been touched by one since the day U16 dropped. They just, like, die, fast.

Huh... neat. Yeah, I like that reduction idea MUCH more than just flat-out no damage, hopefully it becomes the norm.

Can't say much about slow-firing weapons, though, I don't use them. I'd just switch to a faster sidearm myself. Use the slow weapon for powerful mooks (Napalms, Techs, ect.) and whathave you. But I know that's not for everyone.

How did you miss the multiple rage threads during the Black Seed event! But yeah, damage cap would be preferable over the current system. In fact it would be nice if they implemented it throughout the entire game.

As an example, in Vindictus in order to do good damage to an enemy your ATT stat needs to be higher than the enemies Defense stat. Having more than 10k ATT over their Defense is meaningless because you stop getting bonus damage. The problem is translating this to Warframe would require adding a complete new stat to every existing weapon. There would also be tiering issues, then again this could be endgame lol. See how far you can get in a T4 survival with your 6k forma Dera and Excalibro!

Edited by Avenwing

How did you miss the multiple rage threads during the Black Seed event! But yeah, damage cap would be preferable over the current system. In fact it would be nice if they implemented it throughout the entire game.

As an example, in Vindictus in order to do good damage to an enemy your ATT stat needs to be higher than the enemies Defense stat. Having more than 10k ATT over their Defense is meaningless because you stop getting bonus damage. The problem is translating this to Warframe would require adding a complete new stat to every existing weapon. There would also be tiering issues, then again this could be endgame lol. See how far you can get in a T4 survival with your 6k forma Dera and Excalibro!

Hell, I remain fully convinced that the Vay Hek fight (at least his flying phase) should be reworked to be JUST THAT sort of thing.

And I avoid rage threads. I focus on the lore and story and less the "technical issue of the week" type thing.

I think putting it on EVERYTHING would be a bit much - because it really would make modding yourself to be super-powerful rather... unimportant, but for boss characters, the types of characters MEANT to provide a challenge, I think it would be a very cool idea.

Hell, I remain fully convinced that the Vay Hek fight (at least his flying phase) should be reworked to be JUST THAT sort of thing.

And I avoid rage threads. I focus on the lore and story and less the "technical issue of the week" type thing.

I think putting it on EVERYTHING would be a bit much - because it really would make modding yourself to be super-powerful rather... unimportant, but for boss characters, the types of characters MEANT to provide a challenge, I think it would be a very cool idea.

It would be nice if they did it with all bosses with invincibility phases.

Fair enough.

Eh, it would allow for more interesting mods to be made which would actually be used because no longer would you have to have x build to be viable with y frame. It could also allow for more niche weapons to be made and actually be used. Still it's a drastic change from the current system so it'll probably never happen.

Edited by Avenwing

Is it allright if I ask where we stand in this thread? I really want to contribute but I'm not sure what to say or where to start /:

We're back to square one which is there's no concrete evidence pointing to one side or the other so everyone is over analyzing every bit of lore and every word any NPC has ever said in a manner that supports their head canon. Makes for an interesting read and some people have some very fun/interesting theories.

Page 1? xD lol that's a lot of reading. jk.

Actually it's a very good discussion and I would recommend anyone that really likes lore to read it from page 1. Not all of it is on topic anyway so they don't have to read absolutely everything.