Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

great movie and you reall should watch them.

technocyte might be a nano virus caable of infecting machines and organism. this would be explained by machines being infected and people being borg

Well machines (Moas, Ospreys, Corpus Ships) being Infested is a recent development - the result of Alad's tampering with the Technocyte, as he points out in Patient Zero.

Hey Grizzly, why don't you add facts (like what is canon, are Tenno Aliens) to the OP so people don't come up with an idea that's been disproved a dozen pages ago. Only facts though.

Because my OP is 'Tenno are not energy', not 'Here is everything we know about the Tenno'... I could change the title, I don't know.

Yes, the 'Great Plague' is mentioned in the end of DarkSector as caused by Hayden Killing the only people that could maybe control the infected Mezner and the agency; the infected spread outward and devestate the world creating what would be called the 'Great Plague'. 

My pre-'Murica history knowledge isn't that good, so I could be wrong, but wasn't the bubonic plague also called the 'great plague'?

Now if only we knew what "technocyte" even means

The -cyte suffix just means "cell". I think we all know what "techno" means. 

It's strange, because the ability to infest machines is apparently recent, but the disease itself is named with technology in mind.

The -cyte suffix just means "cell". I think we all know what "techno" means. 

It's strange, because the ability to infest machines is apparently recent, but the disease itself is named with technology in mind.

Nah, it's definitely named after techno music!

Aw man. In a recent devstream, they stated that if it was rated on a scale of 1-10 for being canon, it would be a 4, in that they would take art designs and ideas from it, but they are not directly connected.

Hey Grizzly, why don't you add facts (like what is canon, are Tenno Aliens) to the OP so people don't come up with an idea that's been disproved a dozen pages ago. Only facts though.

Is the line "not directly connected" exactly what they said? Because then wouldn't it means something else is? Won't take their word for it unless they make a more clear statement than keep being vague about it.

My pre-'Murica history knowledge isn't that good, so I could be wrong, but wasn't the bubonic plague also called the 'great plague'?

What does a real life event have to do with Warframe's lore? o.0

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Question: What is Technocyte?

Answer: A combination of two words in order to describe infested tissue/nanospores.

First part: The word technology comes from Greek τεχνολογία (technología); from τέχνη (téchnē), meaning "art, skill, craft", and -λογία (-logía), meaning "study of-". The term can either be applied generally or to specific areas: examples include construction technology, medical technology, and information technology.

Second part: -cyte,

suffix meaning a "cell" of a specified type: gliacyte, hemocyte, plasmacyte.

Mosby's Medical Dictionary, 8th edition. © 2009, Elsevier.

Conclusion: Technocyte refers to a technologic cell, a microscopic machine.

Thank you!

This sort of begs the question if this "techno" cell is the disease agent itself or merely a symptom of the physical changes it brings.

:o :o :o

Thank you!

This sort of begs the question if this "techno" cell is the disease agent itself or merely a symptom of the physical changes it brings.

:o :o :o

Well the Orokin called that thing in the Crewman Synth a "machine" when it seemed more biological than anything.

Could just be biological machines.

Well machines (Moas, Ospreys, Corpus Ships) being Infested is a recent development - the result of Alad's tampering with the Technocyte, as he points out in Patient Zero.

yet we dont know whether or not it could have effected machines back in the day. we know that the sentients were design to adapt we dont know if the sentients immunity to orokin tech also made to where they could effect machines.

they might made it where it could only effect certain machines alad might have "found" a sequence of genes that made it where it could effect corpus tech. 

it would explain why corpus and grineer tech was not effected.

Absolutely nothing. My point is, it could be referring to a completely different 'great plague'.

Well I don't really believe in coincidences. Either it's the same Plague or Warframe took an alternative path after that Great Plague event or at some point after it, but still somewhat based on Dark Sector.

Well I don't really believe in coincidences. Either it's the same Plague or Warframe took an alternative path after that Great Plague event or at some point after it, but still somewhat based on Dark Sector.

"Not believing in coincidences" is the same reason people lynch, burn alive or hang helpless old women who live alone when somebody they know gets sick.

Do you believe in easter eggs? Because that's what every Dark Sector reference in Warframe is.

Well the Orokin called that thing in the Crewman Synth a "machine" when it seemed more biological than anything.

Could just be biological machines.

Nanobots are injected into living organisms, hence the word "cell". What I think Alad V did, was find a way to reprogram the nanobots to use metalalloys and repair machines instead.

Imagine you write a program for the Nano machines, a Blueprint. You provide the needed materials and then you watch it being built.

Sound like the Foundry right?

Now, imagine a corrupted or even tampered with program and place that in a human. The horror of that prospect is the Infestation.

It keeps trying to repair and better itself. If a "cure" was to be, it would be a hotfix to patch the crap out of the Infested.

I guess that is what Alad said he wanted to do.

Think of it as a "reboot" there is nothing in DS we can rely on to have happened in the past of Warframe.

DS used many of the ideas that _would_ have been in a single-player-warframe that DE wanted to make but couldn't at the time. Just because ideas are shared doesn't mean they verbatim happened in the past of a different setting.

Nanobots are injected into living organisms, hence the word "cell". What I think Alad V did, was find a way to reprogram the nanobots to use metalalloys and repair machines instead.

Imagine you write a program for the Nano machines, a Blueprint. You provide the needed materials and then you watch it being built.

Sound like the Foundry right?

Now, imagine a corrupted or even tampered with program and place that in a human. The horror of that prospect is the Infestation.

It keeps trying to repair and better itself. If a "cure" was to be, it would be a hotfix to patch the crap out of the Infested.

I guess that is what Alad said he wanted to do.

I'm more of the opinion that the Infestation was specifically created by the Orokin to _not_ effect/unify-with tech unlike the root strain of the Technocyte virus. IMHO all Alad V did is undo the Orokin safeguards.

I'm more of the opinion that the Infestation was specifically created by the Orokin to _not_ effect/unify-with tech unlike the root strain of the Technocyte virus. IMHO all Alad V did is undo the Orokin safeguards.

How do you put 'safeguards' on an infestation?

How do you put 'safeguards' on an infestation?

By engineering the virus, I mean even if what we call the infestation was designed that way (Which I don't think is the case) it could still be designed to be only capable of consuming organic matter.

Personally my (unfounded) belief is that the patient 0 of the Orokin-era infestation was a failed Warframe, one of the many developed after the Rhino Prime codex events.

I originally thought that the Infestation was designed to infect non-organic matter with a biological pathogen and that this was an Orokin attempt to subvert the Sentients. 

I realise that Mutalists are a new thing but thought that those growths growing out of everywhere, warping the trees in the Void Derelicts etc may be the Infestation merging biomass with machines and inorganic matter to create something else. If the Sentients could control only "technology", perhaps something completely biological but that could infect it would present a huge problem for them. So that a Sentient "infected" would now be of two opposing minds

Is the line "not directly connected" exactly what they said? Because then wouldn't it means something else is? Won't take their word for it unless they make a more clear statement than keep being vague about it.

What they said that no, it is not a prequel.

It may have some influences, but it is not canon.

4/10 canon is not canon

Bam, all arguments gone (Jk)