Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Um... What?

Fans inventing headcanon only to later have their notions made redundant and false in the shared game word is self-defeating and emotionally unsatisfying.

Roughly.

Which is why I only try to work out what DE has in mind _not_ try to come up with "How I'd do it", being incorrect is easy when you're not invested in anything other that the eventual outcome.

Edited by SilentMobius

Fans inventing headcanon only to later have their notions made redundant and false in the shared game word is self-defeating and emotionally unsatisfying.

Roughly.

Which is why I only try to work out what DE has in mind _not_ try to come up with "How I'd do it" being incorrect is easy when you're no invested in anything other that the eventual outcome.

That's also how I understood it. This sort of thing is also why I tend to dislike any sort of deviation from the actual story given by the story's creator. Let the devs figure it out. Theories are cool and all, but people need to realize that getting it wrong is part of the process. If people can't handle being wrong, they shouldn't make assumptions or guesses.

I thought that's what headcanon was lol

I think Silent Mobius is performing a tighter analysis of the game lore quite akin to what academics do when analyzing mythologies and historical texts. A higher quality of analysis aims for veracity but a lower quality one, while functioning, merely aims for appeal.

I'm not saying we "shouldn't" "head-canon" but I do wonder about it often.

Edited by Coryphaus

I was tired when I posted that.

~~~~~~~~~~

Let me illustrate it with an example, the Tenno Corpus and Grineer alphabets.

1. One party would perform an investigation, collecting information, deciphering it, before coming to conclusions only if they are solid, leaving unknowns as unknowns to be taken note of pending more information.

2. Another party would arbitrarily assign their own meaning to the alphabets according to what they wish it to say as well as other less strict criteria. These frequently include errors of logic and conflation.

Some insist on headcannon being Canon even after being proven wrong, like Dark Sector being a direct prequel.

Others suggest an explanation. A possible "What if?" as it were.

What if Tenno can switch warframes at will because they are,

A) AI like Ghost In the Shell personas.

B) Void-spirits who inhabits artificial bodies; warframes.

C) Clones of the original Zariman Children.

D) Grown and bioengineered to be perfect warriors and having natural affinity for the Voids harmful energies.

These claims are not yet dissproven. Any can be explained by Tenno were once human, keyword being Once.

The rest is so far anyones guess, China doing it's own thing obviously.

But I think we all can agree that the way the Lore is being released paints a picture if a society on the verge of collapse. A society of classes, of cruelty, elitism and slavery. A society where the leaders made themselves like Gods over their Lesser kin.

This society, with a reverence for the Void, and possibly what is inside it, would no doubt have very much feared any creature in our realm who could use that "holy" energy.

one of the devs said he guess the orokin "lived" mostly in cryopods

means it seems there was a lot of power there, how they used it and if it was useful is another theme/question =)

lore says that them tennos which entered the void and after their return there was builded the warframes AROUND them, and it seems they set themselves free from their "helpers" because they go corrupted or was allready in missuse of "this" powers

so its clear for me, tenno or them which have the most and deepest understanding of mind and development of it are energy ^^)

the only useful development of mind is protecting and helping others to get their own individual state of mind into this truth or the help that everybody remind who we are

and there was help needed to save the universe ...

finally this theory fullfills me ^^)

i dont spend/waste time for further speculations ... (^^

Edited by 3QUINOX

Who ever said tenno cant talk exactly?

Warframes in the game dont talk because -- You're the one doing the talking for them. You're the operator.......

They also seem to have telepathic abilities (squad chat...)....so talking isnt so neccessary...

Why don't relays or lisets have anywhere to sit?

Who ever said tenno cant talk exactly?

Warframes in the game dont talk because -- You're the one doing the talking for them. You're the operator.......

They also seem to have telepathic abilities (squad chat...)....so talking isnt so neccessary...

Why don't relays or lisets have anywhere to sit?

It comes from the... PS4 trailer, I think. Alad V taunts the Tenno when they break into his lab, calling them "mute peasants" among other things. It led to a bit of speculation about how and why that might be what it is.

Because sitting is idleness, and idleness is a sin to Tenno (not really, honestly a few chairs around to sit down on instead of having to kneel all the time would be nice).

Because sitting is idleness, and idleness is a sin to Tenno (not really, honestly a few chairs around to sit down on instead of having to kneel all the time would be nice).

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the main reason we kneel, rather than have chairs, is because we are 'ninjas' and the original ninjas were Japanese, and they kneel, and 'sit' on the floor and stuff. But I wouldn't mind a seat for my Liset like the ones you sit in in Elite Dangerous, those are nice seats :P

I think Silent Mobius is performing a tighter analysis of the game lore quite akin to what academics do when analyzing mythologies and historical texts. A higher quality of analysis aims for veracity but a lower quality one, while functioning, merely aims for appeal.

I'm not saying we "shouldn't" "head-canon" but I do wonder about it often.

Well I wouldn't say "tighter" just that my goal is to work out what DE has-but-has-not-released to fill the gaps we currently have in the lore. With that focus it's impossible to be disappointed when something is revealed, because it can only help me.

If a person is trying to construct what they view to be the "best" version of the lore and becomes invested in the perceived story quality of their assumptions then contradiction from DE can raise ire.

Not so say I don't get invested in things, but generally I reserve that for mechanics discussions. (For example I'm absolutely convinced we need the focus system, now more than ever, not for the buffs but for the affinity mechanic)

I like the idea of fanfic but I prefer a _much_ more solid an accurate grounding than we have before even attempting it. At the very least a much more solid understanding of what we are playing.

Edited by SilentMobius

It would be cool to see the frames you've unlocked already but currently not playing as maybe wandering the liset and meditating or something. Could explain the changing frames instantly problem.

Although the liset is kind of small.

The Warframes are inactive when unoccupied by the player.

They haven't expanded the Orbiter yet.

Well I wouldn't say "tighter" just that my goal is to work out what DE has-but-has-not-released to fill the gaps we currently have in the lore. With that focus it's impossible to be disappointed when something is revealed, because it can only help me.

If a person is trying to construct what they view to be the "best" version of the lore and becomes invested in the perceived story quality of their assumptions then contradiction from DE can raise ire.

Not so say I don't get invested in things, but generally I reserve that for mechanics discussions. (For example I'm absolutely convinced we need the focus system, now more than ever, not for the buffs but for the affinity mechanic)

I like the idea of fanfic but I prefer a _much_ more solid an accurate grounding than we have before even attempting it. At the very least a much more solid understanding of what we are playing.

Maybe they're trying to do it like the comics fan bases. Invest in a particular story and get others invested too. Then when the story diverges from expectations, kick up such a big fuss that the authors have to backtrack and give you what you want.

Imagine if Alexander Dumas or Victor Hugo had such guidance from the barely literate masses. No doubt their works would reach even greater heights than at present.

one of the devs said he guess the orokin "lived" mostly in cryopods

means it seems there was a lot of power there, how they used it and if it was useful is another theme/question =)

Mynki said that he considered that, he is the art lead, not the lore lead. His ideas come purely from the looks it's often up to Steve or others to redirect those ideas towards something that works in the game world.

Edited by SilentMobius