Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The 'tenno Are Energy' Theory Is Busted

(XBOX)Grihaly

Not the reference I was making, but still kinda sorta works.

Oh I get it. If a Tenno had one power and that power was to steal other Tenno powers, then we would get a God and a monster on the end. That never goes well.

Oh I get it. If a Tenno had one power and that power was to steal other Tenno powers, then we would get a God and a monster on the end. That never goes well.

Not exactly steal. Kill, and then steal. Like if an Ember killed a Nyx and absorbed the powers, now that Ember could use the powers of both, I guess would be what I'm thinking. Wow, never thought I'd go into that much detail on a reference.

I wouldn't say the theory is COMPLETELY busted. I think it's possible that most tenno are physical form, but some are energy.

How else do you explain things like Limbo's head, and one of Frost's Althelms (I can't remember what it's called, but it has a fan in the top of it. A fan that goes down into where your brain would freakin' be if you were wearing that helmet).

I mean when he takes off the hat. That bit of head? That is NOT enough space for a human head in there.

Keep in mind that we're switching between the Warframes at will, a singular character wearing all of them. Something like having only half a normal head is pretty meaningless.

also by tyl regor

"when i crack open your head fruit, what color juice spills out?"

Could be the Warframe's juice. We're all pretty much on the same page that the Warframes are biological in nature here.

Keep in mind that we're switching between the Warframes at will, a singular character wearing all of them. Something like having only half a normal head is pretty meaningless.

That begs another question.

If Warframes are biological...

... well, I mean... I have a Loki frame, and I have a Saryn frame...

... what does that say about me?

Just because they're biological doesn't mean they'll have bits. Aye, their in human form, but I chalk that up to anthrocentrism on the part of the Orokin.

As to the mindset of the Tenno doing this, my thought is that they just don't pay any attention to it. It's like you playing as Nathan Drake one moment and then switching over to Tomb Raider to play as Lara Croft the next - what does that say about you? Nothing, other than you probably like games about old things. Likewise, switching between frames likely says nothing about the Tenno besides which frames they prefer.

Just because they're biological doesn't mean they'll have bits. Aye, their in human form, but I chalk that up to anthrocentrism on the part of the Orokin.

As to the mindset of the Tenno doing this, my thought is that they just don't pay any attention to it. It's like you playing as Nathan Drake one moment and then switching over to Tomb Raider to play as Lara Croft the next - what does that say about you? Nothing, other than you probably like games about old things. Likewise, switching between frames likely says nothing about the Tenno besides which frames they prefer.

No I don't mean what it says about me MENTALLY. I meant what it says about me (aka, my character, the Tenno) physically.

I agree it's likely the devs just didn't consider what it says about the Tenno, though, which is probably why the whole "Tenno are Energy beings" theory came up in the first place.

Edited by Soldatto

No I don't mean what it says about me MENTALLY. I meant what it says about me (aka, my character, the Tenno) physically.

I agree it's likely the devs just didn't consider what it says about the Tenno, though, which is probably why the whole "Tenno are Energy beings" theory came up in the first place.

I disagree. I think they know, they just haven't gone into depth about it yet. Steve did once say that the closest theory he'd seen was "brain in a jar".

There being one Tenno was also an old statement. We can't automatically assume it was changed.

Well the difference there is that Limbo Theorem is an in-game source, a solid and verifiable point that can be returned to and is otherwise pretty set-in-stone.

What Steve said was out-of-universe, a developer perhaps mulling over ideas. While I'm not saying "oh yeah, it was TOTALLY changed" I'm also saying that we shouldn't immediately assume that's the case still and use that and only that - not until in-game lore and story gives us something to work with.

On that topic, though, it always struck me interesting that "brain in the jar" was the "closest" theory, but not said to be THE correct theory. So, IF this IS still the case, whatever the Tenno are is similar to "brain in a jar" in the key way that "brain in a jar" is to be taken, but just off enough that it's not the same.

What I mean is, how would Stalker have anything to do with what we are? Other than straight answers, of course.

Well maybe Tenno is just a title, a rank given to those who obtained it one way or another, and are also given the Warframes to further utilize their prowess. Maybe Guardians are actually a lower rank but also trained to use Warframes in case of emergencies.

If that's the case then Stalker isn't very difference from what we actually are, and from his codex, it is said he's been "living" for centuries while we slept. How does one live that long? Kinda reminded me of Mr.House from Fallout New Vegas.

F:NV Spoilers

Mr.House (a human) lived for over 200 years inside a life support machine.

Would explain why Tennos need life support, too. 

Not exactly steal. Kill, and then steal. Like if an Ember killed a Nyx and absorbed the powers, now that Ember could use the powers of both, I guess would be what I'm thinking. Wow, never thought I'd go into that much detail on a reference.

That sounds like the kind of thing that happens in the Prototype game series xD. Fight > beat > consume > get its powers. Ah loved that game.

Edited by AlphaWolf003