Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tonkor

Ironlixivium

I'd just like to say, that This weapon is great. Not great as in powerful, great as in a good weapon. It has a high damage but is balanced our by how difficult it is to use, and using a rare ammo type. This weapon reminds me of many other explosive weapons I've seen in shooters. I know most people, including myself sometimes, just use the feedback section as a "whine about the stuff you want changed section", but the truth is, it's feedback, and that includes positive feedback too. This is a great high tier weapon, a lot more balanced than the soma prime and boltor prime imo. 

Good job, DE! Your newest critnade launcher is perfect. My only complaint about it would be the name, but I blame the grineer for that XD it wouldn't fit as a grineer weapon if it had a cool one. I hope many future weapons come out as balanced as this one.

Please, don't listen to the people who judge this weapon off a single number. This weapon is difficult to use and rewarding to succeed with, I wish more weapons required skill like that. Thanks for all the good work DE!

Someone is actually showing some appreciation for the devs' hard work, and not whining?

93hxHxS.gif

^+1

I love the Tonkor. I love everything about it--I love that the bombjump can be unpredictable. I love that it sends enemies flying. I love that if you screw up with aiming (which on occasion, you will--if for no other reason than the ever-shifting firing arc), it can turn your whole battle-plan on its ear; and I love that I actually had to seriously consider my choice of second and third forma, and still have yet to decide on a fourth.

The Tonkor is an immensely welcome breath of fresh air; a new weapon that can function at all levels of play, yet is not dependent on only one style of play and one minmaxed characteristic to be functional. A weapon that, yes, will require practice, and skill to consistently use successfully.

Thank you DE. Please don't change it.

There is one tweak that needs to be made. The initial trajectory needs to be slightly up, rather than flat. As it is now, when you're trying to hit anything more than about 10 meters away, you have to aim so high that your screen is mostly filled with ceiling, and what isn't is blocked by your body. It makes it very hard to see what's happening.

(Also, I'd like a tiny [~1/3 meter] proximity fuse, but that's a want rather than a need.)

There is one tweak that needs to be made. The initial trajectory needs to be slightly up, rather than flat. As it is now, when you're trying to hit anything more than about 10 meters away, you have to aim so high that your screen is mostly filled with ceiling, and what isn't is blocked by your body. It makes it very hard to see what's happening.

(Also, I'd like a tiny [~1/3 meter] proximity fuse, but that's a want rather than a need.)

Are you sure? I don't have much trouble at all hitting far away targets. Have you tried bouncing them rather than attempting to make it hit every target head on? There IS a reason that the grenades bounce off walls: people who get good with the weapon can pull off amazing trick shots with it. Although far from a pro at it, I've been able to pull off quite a few, and I hope DE ignores all those whiners that wanted a half-ogris half-penta.

I call mine the Tonkatonk.

TONKA TRUCK!

slightly more seriously, i know it's a balancing mechanic but the reason i'm not gonna use the tonkor, in spite of my love for explosive weapons, is due to the bouncy/timed grenades. i can't aim worth S#&$ and actually accurately hitting things from range with such a thing is pretty much impossible for me.

Also would be nice if it would explode on impact-any hit:surface or target,cuz this bouncing and launching teammates in air,is a bit annoying! in rest Great job,i enjoyed the weapon a lot =) 

how would exploding on any surface help that? also, I would prefer if it kept it's bouncy properties due to trick shots

TONKA TRUCK!

slightly more seriously, i know it's a balancing mechanic but the reason i'm not gonna use the tonkor, in spite of my love for explosive weapons, is due to the bouncy/timed grenades. i can't aim worth S#&$ and actually accurately hitting things from range with such a thing is pretty much impossible for me.

Lol, not even gonna try to practice with it? we finally have a weapon balanced out my difficulty :D I love it.

I like the Tonkor, and even if nerfed (if there will be one in the future) i'll keep playing with that weapon.

I developed my playstyle a little bit with this weapon.

Also trick shots indeed. And even if you miss your grenade shot, you usually end chuckling at enemies flying upward behind the row of enemies you wanted to aim at.