Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Rework Ideas

(PSN)abb12355

I can't remember the real last fix for zephyr. All her ablitiys are buged or glitches, that a rework or fix spree will kind of be nessesary. I'm giving off my ideas on what the DE can work on to make Zephyr a better frame.

(Disclaimer this are my ideas and other ideas from the community, if your idea wasn't in my fixes for zephyr's ablitiys, than put a post down below.)

Tail wind/Dive bomb:

Honestly, I use both of these ablitiys with my zephyr, and everyome else says these two ablitiys are useless and need to be replaced. Instead of replacing them, I think they should be one ablitiy. When Zephyr is in the air, looking down and doing tail wind should initiate dive bomb.

New ablitiy: Zero gravity

This allows Zephyr to fly so she can "dominate from above" She can move in the X,Y, and Z axis and move like archwing. The ablitiy will rely on your energy pool, because it drains energy at the pace of spectral screams energy drain. To cancel the ablitiy, do the ablitiy again.

Turbulence: Honestly, the only real problem with turbulence, is the fact that hitscan weapons and rockets can still hit, basically ignoring its in game description. If turbulence could deflect all hitscan weapons and rockets, turbulence will be fixed. Keep in mind that this current turbulence is a glitch and not by purpose.

Tornadoes: The problem I have with tornadoes, is the fact that you can't where the tornadoes start. My best solution is Zephyr should spawn 1 tornado in the direction he is facing, just like limbos ultimate ablitiy. You can spawn up to four and when you press it again, a new tornado spawns, getting rid of the oldest tornado. But when you hold the tornadoes button, they all go away.

New Augment suggestions:

Turbulence augment:When turbulence is active, Zephyr gets a 50% buff to damage, affected by power strength And has chance to disarm enemies who get close. This would be awesome for Zephyr because Zephyr has no damage buffing ablitiys.

Tailwind augment:Wind cutter

When Zephyr hits an enemy with tail wind, it bounces off an enemy and hits the closest enemy to the enemy you just hit. This will go on for 15 enemy's, and can be increased by power strengh. If you want it to stop, just cast it again.

Right now those are all the suggestions I have to fix Zephyr, if this changes come true, I can confirm that people will play Zephyr more. You may even see people saying LF Zephyr in recruitment chat lol. This will make Zephyr more relyable in late game. Zephyr has so much potential and DE can embrace that potential if they use these suggestions to fix and save zephyr.

What are you thoughts on this?

The only thing she may need is replacing divebomb, but almost all the warframes have at least 1 less desirable power for some reason (ie almost pointless, or severely under powered). 

As to your complaint about turbulence, quit relying on it, and it will never let you down.

My vote, leave her ALONE and focus on the frames that actually need work.  She is perfectly fine. 

Wait, Zephyr suddenly needs a rework?

There's many other frames that actually need one, and Zephyr is a decent frame that isn't really in need of a rework.

DE said her "Take off" part of Tail wind will get a second look, because its too much like Super Jump, which they are removing.

I have been spending some time with her and trying to add jet stream. The good things about Zephyr: Massive Health pool and Shields, so if you add a max Vitality and Redirection you can take a few hits before going down. Mobility, with Tail Wind and the Jet Stream augment her mobility is simply unmatched which makes it getting out sticky situations really easy or moving from point to point a breeze (like interception missions). As if having a great mobility, high shields and health pool wasn't enough Turbulence will redirect incoming projectiles away from Zephyr which gives her some of the best surviverability potential of any frame. She also has extra hang time in the air which can make mobility easier as well.Tornado, looks cool and has that nice ability that you can shoot into it and turn its base damage from magnetic into whatever elemantal damage your weapon has.

Now for the bad: Dive Bomb is down right terrible. Out side of jumping on top of the enemies aiming this ability is really hard and the pay off is even worse as it barely does any damage and the radius is mediocre, mind you it also comes with the prerequisite of getting on top of them some how. Tornado, is just not very good, the damage is mediocre, the ability cannot be targeted and when it comes to crowd control other frames do it better, way better. However, my biggest issue is modding this warframe.. Frames like Mag can say screw Duration since its not needed and add more power strength, reach and efficiency. Zephyr does not have this luxury, her abilities want power duration, they want reach, they want power strength and with a small power pool and a polarity that does not allow of Energy Syphon she also wants efficiency. Simply put you cannot fulfill all of her needs without cutting into one another so this makes some of her abilities that are already mediocre stay that way as you cannot really optimize them without hurting another one and all abilities outside of Turbulence require all of them. 

To "optimize" the frame i would start by having some of her abilities not require one of power strength, reach or duration which in turn will make it easier to optimize for efficiency and probably increase her power pool as well. Dive Bomb needs to be changed so where it does more damage, or has a larger AOE area, being able to aim it would be extremely welcome as well.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

To be honest I don't like zephyr as I believe she's useless because coptering and air melee can easily replace her first ability (I'm glad they are being nerfed to give her a more dominant frame) the zero grab is a very good idea, but it would have to do reduced damage or low accuracy as being unable to be shot and being able to fly and see everyone might be a little op

EDIT: to the person who said that she didn't need a rework, I believe she needs a rework more than frost, but not excal because excal's constant needs had to make a change quickly

Edited by SoIaris

• 2 months later...

as someone who mains zephyr, the only bad thing about her is her dive bomb imo, and making dive bomb part of tail wind would ruin her mobility.

really, they need to focus on other frames before they F*** with her if at all. shes not about damage, shes about some cc and a ton of mobility/survivability, which she does amazingly.

as someone who mains zephyr, the only bad thing about her is her dive bomb imo, and making dive bomb part of tail wind would ruin her mobility.

really, they need to focus on other frames before they F*** with her if at all. shes not about damage, shes about some cc and a ton of mobility/survivability, which she does amazingly.

I don't like this thread anymore, this was made a long time ago.

Considering this thread was made in April and the idea of "Bullet Jump" at the time was inexistent, I would say a lot of opinions changed from near 4 months ago.

Wait, Zephyr suddenly needs a rework?

There's many other frames that actually need one, and Zephyr is a decent frame that isn't really in need of a rework.

Ehhh, Zephyr deserves one too, mostly for divebomb and Tornado. 50% of Warframes do deserve one more, but it's not like that means she's fine.

Turbulence: Honestly, the only real problem with turbulence, is the fact that hitscan weapons and rockets can still hit, basically ignoring its in game description. If turbulence could deflect all hitscan weapons and rockets, turbulence will be fixed. Keep in mind that this current turbulence is a glitch and not by purpose.

The wiki's description of Turbulence is inaccurate. In U16.8.3, Turbulence was changed so that the range at which it deflects hitscan weapons is infinite and not affected by range mods. You can still be hit by hitscan weapons, but it happens so rarely I barely notice.

Regarding Bombard rockets, the rocket is aimed away from you when it first makes contact with the inner radius, but it continues to home in on you afterwards. It makes the rockets much easier to dodge, but it still deflects them less effectively than it should.

The wiki's description of Turbulence is inaccurate. In U16.8.3, Turbulence was changed so that the range at which it deflects hitscan weapons is infinite and not affected by range mods. You can still be hit by hitscan weapons, but it happens so rarely I barely notice.

Regarding Bombard rockets, the rocket is aimed away from you when it first makes contact with the inner radius, but it continues to home in on you afterwards. It makes the rockets much easier to dodge, but it still deflects them less effectively than it should.

I know that now lol, at the time, turbulence wasn't fixed. Thanks anyways.

Let the Ashs barge in the Zephs thread to throw Salt xD jk

Ascend or Flight sounds more legit as an ability.

not a bad idea tbh idk why tf Zephyr was never able to have a Free Flifht when i made her i thought she could fly not just Jet thru the air for a short time thats Wack asf gS#&$.

No wondet Zeph fanboys dnt want Ash free aim Teleport yall Hating on the fact Ash will leave Zeph in the dust smh

Flight ability should fix this

Zephyr should be able to drop bombs from above js lol x)

Let the Ashs barge in the Zephs thread to throw Salt xD jk

Ascend or Flight sounds more legit as an ability.

not a bad idea tbh idk why tf Zephyr was never able to have a Free Flifht when i made her i thought she could fly not just Jet thru the air for a short time thats Wack asf gS#&$.

No wondet Zeph fanboys dnt want Ash free aim Teleport yall Hating on the fact Ash will leave Zeph in the dust smh

Flight ability should fix this

Zephyr should be able to drop bombs from above js lol x)

I'm kind of in the middle if I want a flight ablitiy or not. I want one, but I doubt the DE will make it happen. So if it can't happen, I changed my mind about merging dive bomb and tailwind, I think tailwind should keep its spot. Dive bomb should still be second ablitiy in the air. On the ground, Zephyr should get a new ablitiy called typhoons blades which is kind of like Radial Disarm, Zephyr sends out winds blades in all directions, giving slash procs and staggering enemies because the Winds are too strong. The augment for this, typhoon pull/typhoons suck ragdolls and pulls enemies in the Radius. This is affected by duration mods for the blades to go farther, and strength to increase the damage of the blades.

I'm sorry, but I still don't think ash should get a free aim teleport, it's a assassin tool, not a moblitiy skill.