Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Suit

(PSN)kombatchamp

No doubt for those who use the excal have like me noticed by now that excal's best combat is its melee mode. For those like me on console (don't know what it is on pc) when you hold down left trigger 2 excal glows, his strikes are imbued with energy and slices through enemies like a hot knife through butter.

Also kudos to DE for reducing the animation finish on radial javelin.

You're praising the channeling effects I take it?

All frames, new and old, have the same effect. This also applies to cosmetics like the syandanas and armor.

Edit: The channeling system was introduced when they reworked how melee worked some time last year.

Edited by SurrealEdge

OP must be new.

Welcome.

Much love,

#excachannelingswagblingbling.

Edit : tips, channeling without "proper" channeling mod would be wasting your energy. Don't waste your energy in warframe.
It would be unwise things to do.

Edited by Acerola_Orion

all frames can channel(:

That's what mods such as killing blow, focus energy are for~ 

Honestly, i think excal should get some innate melee buff when equipped with a melee weapon.. just like mesa with her guns only loadout (removing melee weapon for mesa buffs her primary and secondary weapons)

all frames can channel(:

That's what mods such as killing blow, focus energy are for~ 

Honestly, i think excal should get some innate melee buff when equipped with a melee weapon.. just like mesa with her guns only loadout (removing melee weapon for mesa buffs her primary and secondary weapons)

I wouldn't be surprised if that was worked into his upcoming rework. They stated that they want to give more warframes passive buffs, so considering they're reworking Excal, some appropriate melee passives would be a logical step in that direction. Hopefully, they'll at least give his general stats a buff. Something more appropriate for a melee frame, like more armor, stamina and movement speed.