Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Theraph - Arachnid-Summoner Warframe

Krion112

it was a accident for the caps lock and but i really think this frame is better than typhus and i love the look the powers and everything about this frame i really hope this frame gets in by at least the next year or two keep up the great work i love everything your doing man and im not saying i hate typhus its that i like this frame is better

Just now, (PS4)alphacreed15 said:

-snip-

When is a hard thing to predict. The current objective is to solidify his minions, and that includes getting some art for each, so it could be some time. Not too long, likely, as I have been coming back to my Warframe related projects, but probably not for a couple days.

Also, there is a method by which to edit your original post so you don't have to double post. There should be a button somewhere that will allow you to edit. It's common forum courtesy to edit, as otherwise you'll clutter up the thread with too many posts in succession. Just a helpful tip.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We still don't have a true summoner, and in that light, just letting this concept get some more eyes on.

It also, incidentally, incorporates the music theme (of a conductor). So it will be interesting to see how DE handles the music themed 'frame they have planned.

Personally, I like Krion's subtle approach that also blends summoner, and spiders.

On 9/28/2016 at 4:14 PM, Rhekemi said:

-snip-

Thanks, Rhekemi. I, too, wonder what DE will do with the musician theme, but until I see it with my own eyes, I'm going to keep the concept of Theraph being a Maestro of Spiders.

On 9/29/2016 at 0:17 AM, DragonKnightJin said:

Awesome concept, even if I am a little disappointed that the frame itself doesn't look a bit more arachnid in his appearance.

The skills are well thought out, and synergize with eachother. The Substance is a nice touch to indeed counter people trying to cheese it with just gratuitous amounts of energy.

You have not been the first to call out the lack of arachnid design being reflected in Theraph, but to that I have three things to say:

• First, and foremost, I hate overbearing themes. It makes concepts feel less unique, and more gimmicky. It also removes mystery that I enjoy in discovering the feeling and flow of Warframes, as once I see something like Ember or Zephyr, I immediately know what it will do, and I don't have to commit myself to the game to feel it. I appreciate more subtle designs, like Excalibur, Volt, Mag, Trinity, and most of the earlier Warframes because while they still conveyed theme, they weren't overbearing about it.
  • Second, if included, easily a Deluxe skin could be created for Theraph to reflect his arachnid theme more, and in fact I was going to design one myself when I get the time. I was going to call it his 'Recluse' skin, and I was going to make him appear more arachnidian with more spindly and creepy designs for his minions. I mostly never showed its progress because I didn't ever complete the designs for his minions to be altered in the first place.
  • Third, even then, Theraph is more the Maestro over Arachnids, and is not one himself. Therefore, I didn't find it a requirement to make him look arachnidian, rather his minions would reflect that.

I've finally settled on what I want Theraph to do, so changes will be coming to his current power set. I've mostly left Ensnare and Weave in-tact, but the purpose of Mutagen Strands must be changed and Orb must be replaced. I'll also be revamping his minions. But, thanks for the comment, and I'm glad you have enjoyed the concept thus far!

Re

18 hours ago, Krion112 said:

Thanks, Rhekemi. I, too, wonder what DE will do with the musician theme, but until I see it with my own eyes, I'm going to keep the concept of Theraph being a Maestro of Spiders.

You have not been the first to call out the lack of arachnid design being reflected in Theraph, but to that I have three things to say:

• First, and foremost, I hate overbearing themes. It makes concepts feel less unique, and more gimmicky. It also removes mystery that I enjoy in discovering the feeling and flow of Warframes, as once I see something like Ember or Zephyr, I immediately know what it will do, and I don't have to commit myself to the game to feel it. I appreciate more subtle designs, like Excalibur, Volt, Mag, Trinity, and most of the earlier Warframes because while they still conveyed theme, they weren't overbearing about it.
  • Second, if included, easily a Deluxe skin could be created for Theraph to reflect his arachnid theme more, and in fact I was going to design one myself when I get the time. I was going to call it his 'Recluse' skin, and I was going to make him appear more arachnidian with more spindly and creepy designs for his minions. I mostly never showed its progress because I didn't ever complete the designs for his minions to be altered in the first place.
  • Third, even then, Theraph is more the Maestro over Arachnids, and is not one himself. Therefore, I didn't find it a requirement to make him look arachnidian, rather his minions would reflect that.

I've finally settled on what I want Theraph to do, so changes will be coming to his current power set. I've mostly left Ensnare and Weave in-tact, but the purpose of Mutagen Strands must be changed and Orb must be replaced. I'll also be revamping his minions. But, thanks for the comment, and I'm glad you have enjoyed the concept thus far!

Re-checking the design for the frame itself.. his arms are already a bit longer and lankier yhan most frames, which is a nice touch.

But, I was thinking more about adding some decorative arms, crossed across his abdomen. And some little marks on the helmet's faceplate to give the hint of more than 1 pair of eyes being used by him.

I feel it'd be subtle enough to not be overbearing, but still adds to the overall arachnid theme of him.

And then perhaps draw inspiration from other arachnid(-like) creatures for a Deluxe skin, like a scorpion?

Edited by DragonKnightJin
Fixed some typos that were buggin' me.