Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice On New Weapons To Get/forma.a

THND3RZ

Question

Hello Warframe Community.

I'm usually using the same type of weapon for primary/secondary.

Recently it was Braton p/soma P +Ballistica. HIgh fire rate priamry and strong secondary but low fire rate.But i want to change a bit.

I used to be a sniper player and i know they'r enot loved atm..

But i want to retry and would like your advices.I'm building a Lanka right now.Does the punch through work?ideas on build ?I also have the Vectis but i want to try something new.

Most important ,i would like to use a high fire rate secondary with it BUT i have no ideas which one could be good.So i would like some advices on them too.

I'm usually playing Banshee/Volt/Zephyr/Ash (others too but these are my favorite)

Thanks 

(sorry if i did some mistakes,i'm french :x )

13 answers to this question

Sniper rifles are super awkward right now as much as Ogris and rocket launchers. Warframe is built around having tons of enemy targets. Snipers are meant to take out targets that are hardened and not able to reach with normal weapons. Also, they are used for long open ranges usually, which most of the time you're in close quarter combat. I suggest the Aksomti as your secondary if you are choosing the Sniper as your primary. It has a extreme high rate of fire, and can get you out of sticky situations. Also the AI in game is pretty dumb, such as their mechanic to run around in a circle, and you have to lead them with your scope in order to kill them. I'm sorry but I find it pretty silly watching an enemy run around in a circle like a dog chasing it's tail before it dies.

Edited by ChloeSakuna

Lanka has the fun distinction of being *the* go to weapon for AoE sniper... built with gas and electric proc mods it works very well against Corpus enemies, decently against Infested, and unfortunately terribly against Grineer :S... The decent proc chance and elemental base makes this the only viable sniper option for proc builds... not necessarily as powerful as straight damage on other weapons, but imo a good deal more fun and interesting.

Edit: http://goo.gl/gwIKf5

Edited by Darzk

First off, snipers arent very good right now. They are powerful, but not quite powerful enough. The Lanka is a solid choice for a sniper rifle, you will have fun with it Im sure. More sniper rifle/semi auto guns to consider are:

-Latron/LatronP

-Sybaris

-Vectis

-ParisP/Dread

As far as secondaries, I would actually suggest a "hand cannon."

-Detron (Mara Detron if you can get one)

-Brakk

-Pyrana

For full auto secondaries, try:

-AkStilleto

-AkSomati

-Dex Furis (if you have them)

Edited by Liverslices

For a good secondary with a decent/high ROF, I would recommend:

-Vaykor Marelock

-Vasto Prime

-Synoid Gammacore

-Secura Dual Cestra

-Lex Prime

-Aksomati

These all deal very nice damage with decent to high Rates of fire.

They work pretty well in a team, when you can concentrate on taking out the heavies and teammates can deal with the hordes of little guys. But most of the time teammates will focus on heavies too, which just leaves mopping up the little guys, which a sniper is sorta overkill for. And solo, you're stuck taking out those little guys on your own.

To add insult to injury, the vast majority of rooms are fairly enclosed, with small corridors and not really any open sight ranges that suit sniper rifles.

I would suggest instead a weapon that is still marksman oriented, but functions at a closer range, with a larger clip. Call it a Designated Marksman Rifle. Weapons which fit this category include the Latron series and the burst fire weapons like the Tiberon and Burston Prime. Sybaris and Grinlok work pretty well too. 

For Pistols, something like the Lex series could fill the same role; I would suggest the Akmagnus as something worth investing into, despite it not being a prime or syndicate weapon it's damn good; decent damage and economy and great status chance.

Edited by Darzk

Yeah i have the Akmagnus,formated 3times,will do more later but for now on i'm working on my Akstilleto which i really enjoy,being usually a dual semi-auto pistols person,

So after hearing all of your advices ,i'm not gonna invest myself into the lanka or my good old vectis for thge moment.I think i'll just stick to my dread if i want a "one shot kill weapon".Too bad really,i wish snipers rifle would get more love.

Too bad really,i wish snipers rifle would get more love.

I love my Vectis, though.  I have put two forma in it so far, and will probably put in two more.  If you sacrifice damage for punch-through, it's half-decent at crowd control.  My tactic with a sniper rifle is use a good sidearm (Marelock/Lex Prime/Gammacor) and aggro the enemies from far away. Pick off as many as I can, then get in and let my sidearm or melee mop up the small fry.  This is particularly effective against the infested, who beeline toward you anyway.  It's double-effective against infested when you're running loki.  Invis + Decoy = sniper's dream.  In essence, you have unlimited range on your decoy, and you can TELL the enemies to walk into your crosshair.  It doesn't get more beautiful than that.