The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bullet Time

Sorakamii

You know how in Max Payne you can activate bullet time.Mabye Warframe should have like a ninja sense that slows everything down. Okay lets say your being over-runned in a defence mission.Someone should be able to press a bullet (k for example) and activate bullet time.If in a squad,a poll will come up,the others can press y or n to agree or disagree.If agreed on,the entire team will go into bullet time for 10 seconds.If majority pick n,then it wont happen.

I had two ideas.

1.It slows everything down including you.

2.It slows everything down except you.

The problem with that is that in a tense situation, like what you are describing, having a "Do you want bullet time" popup over everything can very quickly lead to death from clicking on the pop up instead of shooting the guns.

An intrusive system like that would just ruin a lot of situations as well as break the flow of gameplay.

The problem with that is that in a tense situation, like what you are describing, having a "Do you want bullet time" popup over everything can very quickly lead to death from clicking on the pop up instead of shooting the guns.

An intrusive system like that would just ruin a lot of situations as well as break the flow of gameplay.

Yea i see what you mean,okay well how about like this....when health reaches below 10% it auto starts until

1.Health regens

2.Enemies are killed

3.You die

4.Timer runs out

I like it; however, I don't like the idea of it affecting the whole team. I think that would be overpowered. There is no effective way of having teammates voting especially in tricky situations. Now if bullet time was specific to your frame I still see a flaw. If you're playing with other people how would it work if you or everyone else slows down but without that happening to your own  team. I just don't see a fair way of implementing it, but I'm always open if someone can think of a way

This should happen when:

A boss is killed (3 seconds) For cool cinematic death.

A teammate is hurt (1 second) So everyone is alerted someone is in danger.

A teammate dies (1 second) Just for epic death? :P

When Stalker appears (He slowdown (or stop) everything (Except the player that he is going to kill) until he or the player dies) (Like in Dishonored when you fight Doud in Back Alley Brawl in Round 13)

As a ability for everyone(Optional) (3 seconds - 3 minutes CD) but it slow down EVERYONE. It helps for more cinematics fight or help the player in danger.

Maybe when more stuff happens in missions (The ship being attacked by other ship or a dynamic special event, etc)

Emm, doesn't Rhino already have this effect in his ultimate?

Rhino does slow down enemies, but if another frame had an ability that slowed down players as well and cost less energy, it could be viable. Of course, I will admit that it would feel a little samey if you had a warframe that could do this and a rhino on your team.

Edited by LaDrakea

This should happen when:

When Stalker appears (He slowdown (or stop) everything (Except the player that he is going to kill) until he or the player dies) (Like in Dishonored when you fight Doud in Back Alley Brawl in Round 13)

As a ability for everyone(Optional) (3 seconds - 3 minutes CD) but it slow down EVERYONE. It helps for more cinematics fight or help the player in danger.

Maybe when more stuff happens in missions (The ship being attacked by other ship or a dynamic special event, etc)

The game Alien Swarm does something very similar. Whenever a big set piece moment is occurring, there is some slo-mo to make it more epic. Come to think of it, it might be better if it was just that, and not a warframe ability, because then it would feel more special that way.

The game Alien Swarm does something very similar. Whenever a big set piece moment is occurring, there is some slo-mo to make it more epic. Come to think of it, it might be better if it was just that, and not a warframe ability, because then it would feel more special that way.

Yeah, sounds good to me, slow-motion makes everything more epic :P.

This should happen when:

I was thinking more like its just a sense that activates when you are in danger,or when something major is about to happen

Or you could combine Rhino's power,with Banshee's Sound Quake into one power that all Warframes have.It could be like a power that slowes the entire environment down,but can only be used a limited number of times and only when in danger.

Bullet time is hard for multiplayer games. In Mass Effect, the Soldier class had Adrenaline Rush which slowed down time and increased damage, however in multiplayer it could only provide increased damage.

Plus Max Payne is a normal person, we are cyborg ninjas that don't need bullet time.

Edited by Caliocerion

I can imagine this in a single, literally only one, method of application;

A warframe ability that creates a dome of time distortion, enemies who enter it are slowed as though in bullet time, while tenno move at regular speed.

Essentially portable bullet time.

If people don't like it, they can walk out of the dome.

Problem solved.

It even leads to the inspiration of a time-based tenno.

I can imagine this in a single, literally only one, method of application;

A warframe ability that creates a dome of time distortion, enemies who enter it are slowed as though in bullet time, while tenno move at regular speed.

Essentially portable bullet time.

If people don't like it, they can walk out of the dome.

Problem solved.

It even leads to the inspiration of a time-based tenno.

Perfect,thank you this is what i was thinking but i didnt know how to say it....but two questions

1.How long will it last

2.How larger will the dome be.

Perfect,thank you this is what i was thinking but i didnt know how to say it....but two questions

1.How long will it last

2.How larger will the dome be.

1. Around 15-20 seconds? plus Continuity

2. A little larger than frost's sphere? plus reach.