Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primed Mods... How Do I Put This?

Fullmetal_Underpants

Keep in mind that the purpose of primed mods is not to buff mods that aren't good to begin with, but to be a high end option for hard-working end-game players who are willing to put the effort in to get the most out of the game, not so people just starting out can get the OP godmode mod, however with them being tradable, this ruins the concept entirely, so now we're winding up with mods that are primed versions of mods that should have just been buffed in the first place to make them usable as for the most part, they'll be useful to new players, but not so much to people who have been playing the game for any good long period of time. the following is mostly a list of what sort of mods should and should not be considered for priming and why.

Frames
Should-
Elemental Resistance mods (diamond skin, insulation and the like) - might actually make some situationally worth using, would not be obscenely overpowered.
Enemy Sense - a little treat for the solo players or the players who have crowd control responsibilities, not incredibly overpowered, not the high end of things, but this would not be a terrible mod to have primed.
Fast Deflection - Priming this mod would give a boost that would not be overly ridiculous since there is a delay before shield regeneration is in effect anyway. the benefit would be most noticeable to players who have to quickly duck behind cover and need to respond quickly ~ endgame benefits

Should not-
Intensify - Redundant we already have 2 alternatives to intensify, the problem lies with ability mechanics, not mods. were it not for the addition of transient fortitude, i would have agreed with the existence of this mod as a prime since it would make you work hard to squeeze an extra 25% strength out of the cosmos, but it happened, so no.
Natural Talent - making all skills nearly instant is something you don't want to deal with in pvp and it's the last thing DE wants to let players do anywhere else. cast timers retain some level of balance.
Rage - you know exactly why.
Rush- Redundant- we already have more than enough ways to improve movement speed.
Streamline - as much as we want it, it's a bad idea and everybody knows it.
Stretch - Because if +135% range isn't enough, the problem lies in the ability, not the mod.

Rifles
Should-
Charged Chamber - at max it would be 110%, it would not even dethrone primed chamber as a sniper mod because players who have one would honestly use both. that said it would make a worthwhile slot for players willing to work hard to get their sniper mod maxed and realistically all sniper damage mods shouldn't be affecting the first shot in magazine, they should be affecting the damage of all shots fired while zoomed in like the syndicate Dead-Aim mod for the vulkar (lasting purity)
Rifle Ammo Mutation - resource improvement, not overpowered, but more worthwhile to end-game players willing to work on it. also pretty much the only rifle mod you could prime without making rifles any more ridiculous than they already are.
Should not-
Split Chamber- Balance - you know exactly why.
Point Strike - Balance - too big to nearly double, more than good as is.
Magazine Warp - the base mod needs buffing, priming it is just a cop out. endgame players wouldn't use it, new players might not have a better option.
Impact/slash/puncture commons - these should be buffed to 90% and then left alone forever.
Firestorm - God help us... no... No.
Shotguns
Should-
Ammo Mutation - because it would be good, it would be helpful in endgame, and it wouldn't be ridiculous.
Blunderbuss - shotgun critical chance and critical chance mods are both underwhelming, priming it wouldn't be a horrible idea in the case of shotguns
Should not-
Any Elemental Mods - the 90% and status60/60s are more than enough.
Impact/slash/puncture commons - these should be buffed to 90% and then left alone forever.

Pistols
Should-
Primed Quickdraw - because 48% isn't bad, but fast reloading secondaries wouldn't be too much to ask to not have to put reload in 2 mod slots. i also believe that stunning speed should drop its 10% status in favor of 20% fire rate.
Target Cracker - the critical multiplier mods available on pistols are not that good, this would squeeze some extra damage out of crit weapons while not being an entirely ridiculous boost.
Should not-
Any Elemental Mods - the 90% and status60/60s are more than enough.
Pistol Gambit - balance - it's in a good place, some pistols could use more crit chance, but that's a weapon change, not a mod change that needs to be looked at.
Impact/slash/puncture uncommons - these should be buffed to 90% and then left alone forever.

Shouldn't have-
Heated Charge - balance - wtf were you thinking? you seriously should just replace everybody's copy with a regular heated charge and give us a legendary core or 2, this never should have happened.
Melee
Should-
Pressure Point- it's long overdue and the only argument against it is 2 frames' stealth bonus.
True Steel - melee badly needs it, so many weapons as they are... are just not critty enough to really enjoy the benefits of your crits.
Should not-
Any elements or physical damage mods - redundant, all of them are good as they are.
Organ shatter - because 90% is a good multiplier considering the number of 2.0x and 3.0x crit multiplier weapons available in melee. this mod is perfectly fine.
Finishing Touch - this mod should be raised to 5 ranks and then never touched again.
Shouldn't have-
Heavy Trauma - this was a pacifier because we were wondering why we still hadn't seen the event impact mods yet, now both are in the game and there's no reason for it to exist

Any damage mod (non-elemental) save Point Blank (because it only goes up to 90%) is going to be a dead suggestion by the time it ends up in the dev's inbox.  Too many people would *@##$ and moan about the effort and need to forma weapons to accommodate them at max rank.  I like that idea as much as you do, but there are people who can't invest much in Warframe, and I can only do so now because I'm off of school.

As much as it's tempting to reward players who put in the effort, DE also has to be fair to the people who commit what they can to Warframe while balancing their lives.

Any damage mod (non-elemental) save Point Blank (because it only goes up to 90%) is going to be a dead suggestion by the time it ends up in the dev's inbox.  Too many people would $#*(@ and moan about the effort and need to forma weapons to accommodate them at max rank.  I like that idea as much as you do, but there are people who can't invest much in Warframe, and I can only do so now because I'm off of school.

As much as it's tempting to reward players who put in the effort, DE also has to be fair to the people who commit what they can to Warframe while balancing their lives.

No they don't. This is their game and they can do what they want to do with it. Whenever they want, they can literally stop doing anything with the game and let it build whatever money until it dies. We're just lucky they've yet to leave us.

A while back I proposed the Primed Pistol Mutation mod be changed into a general use mutation mod (usable on any rifle/sniper/shotgun/bow/pistol) but doesn't look like that idea got anywhere other than buried.

The time and effort needed to max these primed mods just seems less and less of a reward and more like you're punishing yourself for buying them off baro in the first place.  I mean, we started off with primed continuity and primed flow, very useful mods, and everything afterwards went semi-useful to rarely useful to wouldn't even use if baro gave them away at max rank.

-snip-

You mention Heavy impact, but ignore jagged edge? You wail about heated charge, but no other elemental pistol mod? Are you basing your suggestions on only your own mod collection, or what?

You mention Heavy impact, but ignore jagged edge? You wail about heated charge, but no other elemental pistol mod? Are you basing your suggestions on only your own mod collection, or what?

I'm not sure what you're sniping at here given that Jagged Edge and other elemental pistol mods don't have a primed version while Primed Heavy Impact and Primed Heated Charge are in rotation.

I'm not sure what you're sniping at here given that Jagged Edge and other elemental pistol mods don't have a primed version while Primed Heavy Impact and Primed Heated Charge are in rotation.

Ah! My mistake then, sorry. I haven't been very actively involved for a while, started picking the game up again recently with Volt Prime. I didn't know these mods were already released, but saying they 'shouldn't' made me think it was a warning, not that they shouldn't have, past tense. Sorry for the mistake, I'm a fool on and off. Back to your turnips, fellow farmer.

I'd love to see the amount of plat someone has to be able to buy every maxed Primed mod, as well as have the credits to be able to get them. The casual player will not have the plat, time, credits, or Cores to be able to max out a Primed mod (let alone every single one). Their sheer cost is what makes them more or less balanced, both in terms of points (although lower tier players won't know it as deeply as the end gamers, it takes multiple Formas to make a frame optimized [for example, mine take three to five depending on the frame] and even then doing that locks frames and weapons both into particular builds) and fusion. Also keep in mind that they are locked to traders (and admit it; trade channel is a cesspool currently) and to Baro himself. You made them sound like they are common and easy to max.

Only the absolute hardest of farmers can even fathomably max Primed mods at will. Primed mods, at their very core, are meant for the heaviest of builds. However, I can at least agree that they are a cop-out to buffing out the original counter-parts. Though, their sole purpose is to be a sink for time, credits, and core. They're successful in this regard.

I'm okay with most of this, but against some things.

Primed Streamline - I NEED IT. I really need it, it would solve so many of my problems! I'm sorry but Transient Solitude sucks and i hate it and usebon very few certain frames, and even then i hate because i have to use both Primed Continuity and Constitution to counter duration problem. I can live without P Intensify, P Stretch and P Rush. But i would solo fight Stalker, Zanuka, G3 and Manic in the same time or pay 2000 ducats and 1.000.000 credits for a chance to get Primed Streamline.

Primed Elemental mods - i don't see any problems with it. You can't have too much damage with enemy's HP and Armor increasing in geometrical progression in endless missions. And people rarely use those mods in the first place. Man, i did not even upgraded my Primed Heat Charge, because very few of my secondaries use full damage builds in the first place.

Melee

Should-

Pressure Point- it's long overdue and the only argument against it is 2 frames' stealth bonus.

[...]

Should not-

Any elements or physical damage mods - redundant, all of them are good as they are.

I agree with the majority of the post, but...c'mon. This was completely contradictory. (If this has already been addressed in the thread, I apologize for the echo.)

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the majority of the post, but...c'mon. This was completely contradictory. (If this has already been addressed in the thread, I apologize for the echo.)

when i said physical damage, i meant slash/impact/puncture. keep in mind that base damage mods also affect weapons that have a base of an elemental damage type.

(edit)~self correction

Edited by Fullmetal_Underpants