Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ever Gonna Fix The Clipping?

Ironlixivium

It's been around forever, so much clipping. I know it can be hard to have so much content and fit it all on 20+ different models' backs, but couldn't we have something like in Borderlands 2, where the weapon materializes in our hands when we want it?

Edited by Ironlixivium

but couldn't we have something like in Borderlands 2, where the weapon materializes in our hands when we want it?

B-but that would remove the only upside of Cernos ;-;

Also, we should have a system that allows us to place our weapons in custom holster positions. I'm sure that's more complex than I'm making it out to be, but it seems doable.

Edited by Kestral9999

B-but that would remove the only upside of Cernos ;-;

Also, we should have a system that allows us to place our weapons in custom holster positions. I'm sure that's more complex than I'm making it out to be, but it seems doable.

The upside of the cernos is it clipping into your back and being the only bow that you holster like a rifle?

Thats a pretty bad upside :/ Also, custom holster positions would just make DE have to work faster to hand-place them, and give more opporunities for clipping and floating issues o.0

The upside of the cernos is it clipping into your back and being the only bow that you holster like a rifle?

Thats a pretty bad upside :/ Also, custom holster positions would just make DE have to work faster to hand-place them, and give more opporunities for clipping and floating issues o.0

Well, Nancy O' Negativity, I was referring to the fact that I only use Cernos because it looks awesome on the back of frames like Oberon and Nekros. It is not a good weapon, it is a glorified back piece and your suggestion would null the only point of me keeping the weapon as of now.

And yeah, custom holster positions would give players the freedom to place whatever they want wherever they want. So while others may put their weapons in clipped positions (which can't be that big a deal since we already have to see that as it is) you'd have the freedom to avoid clipping issues altogether. Win freaking win.

Edited by Kestral9999

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Nancy O' Negativity, I was referring to the fact that I only use Cernos because it looks awesome on the back of frames like Oberon and Nekros. It is not a good weapon, it is a glorified back piece and your suggestion would null the only point of me keeping the weapon as of now.

And yeah, custom holster positions would give players the freedom to place whatever they want wherever they want. So while others may put their weapons in clipped positions (which can't be that big a deal since we already have to see that as it is) you'd have the freedom to avoid clipping issues altogether. Win freaking win.

Jeez, I was just trying to make a point...I seriously think that's a bad reason to keep a weapon in the first place though...just saying...

Clipping bothers you but things magically materializing doesn't.....hmmm

Not magically, scientifically ^_^

Also, clipping looks like crap and is a massive visual turn-off to many people, pretty materializations generally are not

Ankyros Prime. The only weapon i hate only for a reason of clipping. Make it dissapear while i hold my Boltor Prime and i will be happy. Until then it's a no no for Anky Prime.

yeah, I hate ankyros so much for this reason alone... 

Jeez, I was just trying to make a point...I seriously think that's a bad reason to keep a weapon in the first place though...just saying...

Perfectly valid reason in my eyes. I like the design of the weapon, not so much the stats. I've also got more slots than I know what to do with.

I support OP's idea. The less clipping, the better. If people want their weapons to clip into their bodies and other weapons, they can go play some old PS1 games. Warframe deserves to look better.

Thank you. Clipping is very annoying, some steps should be taken against it.

Why?  And if it is really only a tiny annoyance to a few others, why should DE spend a considerable amount of time fixing it?

Game quality. These are the kinds of things that make you say "wow", the things you only notice once you have them. It's not just a minor annoyance. This is why I believe it's worth DE's time. It's like if they ignored one visual bug for every weapon; it would have a big effect on the overall feel of the game. :/