Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Dragon Nikana Is So Awesome!

I think so... I was actually worried if I should really voice my opinion.... maybe I'd end up being torn apart by angry nikana fanboys.

In all honesty, I love my Dragon Nikana. It's pretty and I have the alternate sheath for it too. Looks great on my Oberon or Excaliber. However, I use Bo Prime far more often. I have an unranked Orthos Prime lying around somewhere...

This is how I run with Dragon Nikana!

It's a great weapon, indeed.

Orthos Prime is still the best weapon ingame though.

That is debatable. I would say that Dragon Nikana and Scindo Prime are the kings of melee. 

I think so... I was actually worried if I should really voice my opinion.... maybe I'd end up being torn apart by angry nikana fanboys.

Aside for the game for a moment

Japanese Katanas are beautiful and elegant blades what is wrong with you ? 

Now back to the game, the DN embodies this sleek elegance.

I may not be a "nikana fanboy" but I'm insulted you would call a Katana style weapon ugly

Aside for the game for a moment

Japanese Katanas are beautiful and elegant blades what is wrong with you ?

Now back to the game, the DN embodies this sleek elegance.

I may not be a "nikana fanboy" but I'm insulted you would call a Katana style weapon ugly

No need to be insulted... since i didn't insult you.

And the idea that katanas aren't beautiful is just my opinion.

I like the Karyst.

I made 40 minutes with it in T3 Survival without many issues, and I outkilled all of my teammates too.

Glaive prime is also great for clearing out trash late game, and it works well for killing nullifiers.

Personally I feel like the Dragon Nikana just falls off a bit too much once enemies really get ramping.

If it can't kill stuff in a single combo, it just feels like you are doing no damage.

This is how I run with Dragon Nikana!

It's a great weapon, indeed.

Orthos Prime is still the best weapon ingame though.

+1 For Rhino Prime~

But Bo Prime beats the Orthos Prime as the best weapon in the game~

Edited by Zarozian

That is debatable. I would say that Dragon Nikana and Scindo Prime are the kings of melee. 

Well the the reason why the Scindo Prime isn't at the top is because it's too slow.

I actually had a easier time killing Grineer Manics in the Simulacrum with the Bo Prime's super fast spin combo attacks that do like 10 hits in a second than I did with the heavy hitting critting Scindo Prime.

Not only that~ The Bo Prime can copter and air dash and you fly through the sky like in those Chinese Kung Fu movies~

Well the the reason why the Scindo Prime isn't at the top is because it's too slow.

I actually had a easier time killing Grineer Manics in the Simulacrum with the Bo Prime's super fast spin combo attacks that do like 10 hits in a second than I did with the heavy hitting critting Scindo Prime.

Not only that~ The Bo Prime can copter and air dash and you fly through the sky like in those Chinese Kung Fu movies~

The issue I have with the Bo is that its speed makes its mobility much less useful.

You are often quite likely to overshoot a target with it, and for me that is kinda a deal breaker.

Plus it's finisher animations are kinda slow, and if you want to take melee into the late game you either need finishers or srs melee buff abilities.

Sheev and Karyst are awesome albeit under appreciated weapons. Awesome mobility, awesome damage with pointed wind and awesome status for lategame procs, besides lightning finishers for excalibur's radiant finish.

Edited by Evanescent

Bo Prime beats the Orthos Prime as the best weapon in the game~

For anyone doubting my claim that Orthos Prime is the best melee weapon in the game, I'd gladly demonstrate it to you ingame.

And in return, I'd really want you guys to demonstrate me your tricks with the weapons you guys claim to be better.

My IGN: KingTaro

Nothing wrong with the Orthos Prime. It's very nice if you want it for mobility and don't equip melee. It's now my NovaP gets around and gets through crowds of pushy infested.

I like the D-nikana a great deal. It's a solid melee weapon and certainly one of the better ones. If there's no aesthetic or practical reason to choose another melee, it's one I usually go to.

As good as the ScindoP is, I only really use it on one warframe...yep, Valkyr. That's for the most practical of reasons (hysteria), but frankly I don't like the way it looks. It clips like crazy--way too big and awkward looking. So bloody ugly and annoying--only Valkyr can love it.

Edited by Sloan441

• 1 month later...