The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Excalibur Rework, Exca Prime And Some More

viamont

Latlely with the upcoming rework of Excalibur skills theres been a heavy uproar both on forums, videos and devstreams about the"posibility" of bringing back Excalibur prime, altought i do understand the heavy wish of people for this to happen i to feel it shouldnt, you may ask why? quite simple. As far as i know DE made a promise that Exaclibur Prime would stay founders only (aka people who bought the founders packs at the start of warframe) and personally i feel DE should keep their promise, its a simple mater of being true to your fans and your own word, now dont get me wrong, i would love to get my hands on a Excalibro Prime miself but i tink theres an alternative that will make everyone happy so listen to me:

New event: Rise of the Swordsman.

The lotus have found out about a new piece of information wich has fallen both on the hands of the Grineer and the Corpus, as it stands now its obsolete for each one as both parts need to be togheter to make any sense, she needs you to retrieve this information at all cost as the informers have said it could be a potentially important improvement to out forces.

You will raid an X amount of Corpus and Grineer ships in order to retrieve the information, then give such information to Lotus, with it she will discover a very special set of information.

With the newfound information you wil lbe sent to gater special materials from diferent planets, when you are done you will create the "Vandal Exo-Armor" an upgread for Excalibur.

Regular Excalibur Stats:                    Excalibur Vandal:                                  Excalibur Prime:

Health-----------100 ---------------------------110 ------------------------------------------120

Shields----------100 ---------------------------110 ------------------------------------------120

Power------------100---------------------------110 ------------------------------------------110

Armor-------------65-----------------------------85 ------------------------------------------100

Sprint speed--1.00---------------------------1.00 ------------------------------------------1.10

Stamina---------100---------------------------120 -------------------------------------------125

Polaritys---V and D------------------------D, V  (aura) V --------------------------D,V,V (aura) V

As you can se the idea its not only to create an improved vertion of a loved frame but also show your apreciation towards the founders, with this Excalibur players will have an "improved vertion) they can get their hands on while founders will have the choice to get this new frame if they want or just stay with their prime (wich with the slight stats increase gives them braging rights). In the end with this you will make your players happy...Excalibur players get an improvement, founders stay founders with braging rights...i tink this would make everyone happy, toughts or ideas?

They already said making a new non-prime but prime equivalent Excalibur felt cheap and insulting - I think the word they used was 'sleazy', and they won't do it.

Edited by Phatose

Founders should be the only people who get access to the effective Prime frames/weapons/etc that they gained by becoming founders. We all paid in heavily into an unknown, untested beta of a game. It could have just as easily tanked and disappeared into the dark. This is our reward for putting trust and needed-capital into this game.

If ExcalP goes into production again, you will see a large amount of founders quit. I know I would.

Excal Prime alternatives have been brought up many times before.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Sure why not?

I will just get this new excal along with my prime Excalibro.

Edit: See where I'm going with this?

Also, this^

It won't solve anything. Excal Vandal still isn't Excal Prime and people will still not have what they want.

Edited by nickelshark

Probably gonna get hate on me but whatever.

Most people that would like to have one it's just because it is rare now.

And some other people just to collect all the Primes like myself. But honestly should be and personally I'd like it to stay founder only.

Well, the founder's program was basically a test for Prime Access, since you get the same kind of items.

I see no reason why they shouldn't bring him back eventually.

They could release Excal Prime again, and give Founders a permenant 75% discount on future Prime Accesses. There, people can get what they want, and elitest founders can still feel special.

Would also be a good way to get some fresh minds on the Design Council, since I'm sure it is in need of some fresh minds and opinions..

Too bad DE wont see this post... v~v

Edited by DarkD3filer

I am not a founder, and I want Excalibur Prime... But I think it should be a Founder only item... I think I would feel slighted if I paid for exclusive content... Only to have it made not exclusive

Well, the founder's program was basically a test for Prime Access, since you get the same kind of items.

They could release Excal Prime again, and give Founders a permenant 75% discount on future Prime Accesses. There, people can get what they want, and elitest founders can still feel special.

Would also be a good way to get some fresh minds on the Design Council, since I'm sure it is in need of some fresh minds and opinions..

I would take this deal in a heatbeat.

Too bad DE wont see this post... v~v

New people ARE added to the Council on a regular basis. I understand it's based on contributions to the community. They don't get the founder stuff, though.

And sorry, I really don't want a discount on prime access. Firstly because I'm actively trying to avoid spending more money on them, because unlike when I bought my founder pack, I don't have any income right now. Secondly, because that's a really good way to instantly crash the value of platinum through the floor.

Also, I've never been sure if this is true, but I've read rumours that DE would be in breach of a contract if they re-released the founders' kit and allowed people to get it again. I have no evidence of it, there's never been a source that I'm aware of, but I'm really quite attached to the company and I'd prefer not to have legal stuff flying around.

I think DE should turn all variant frames and weapons into alternate skins for their base items, and refund forma and potatoes lost this way.

This would help clear up the frankly ludicrous weapon list a bit.

I think DE should turn all variant frames and weapons into alternate skins for their base items, and refund forma and potatoes lost this way.

This would help clear up the frankly ludicrous weapon list a bit.

One day, put a skin over this frame. looks cool AF(Elegant as well), buff its stats by 5 on what's needed(aka frost recharge shield, or more armor or even a passive flow).

@OP, I understand ur concern.

But, making a "half way" attempt just wouln't be the same. It's like having Transient Fortitude than Blind Rage. It's just not the same...