Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting Real Sick Of Having To Sell Weapons To Make Room For New Ones

AgentNipple

I'm not defending the system, but... there are other games that have this slot system....

World of Tanks, for more garage slot, you pay gold (platinum).

Tera Online, other character slot after first 2 cost money... (better creating another account)

Battlefiled Play4Free, if not changed, was similar, first 2 class free, third slot or more money...

Correct me where i'm wrong. But i had to check a tutorial video to get a glimpse of what World of Tanks is about. It seems like you have 5 slots for your tanks. or 3 maybe and the other ones have to be bought?

But i'm seeing a major difference with Warframe. In World of Tanks, once you have unlocked a tank it remains unlocked. You might delete a tank in a garage slot, but getting that tank back would be a matter of re-purchasing it. In Warframe, deleting a frame you had to go through so much trouble of finding it first? Once you delete a warframe it's gone. It's not waiting to be purchased again. No, you have to farm it and craft it again.

Plus, the forums are the same as this one. I saw many topics on people wanting garage slots. So is the system working? sure, but your community doesn't like it. 

Apparently the same thing goes for battlefield play4free. I don't think the community likes it and people are bypassing it by creating new accounts, because you don't have craft anything in the first place to get the class you want.

About Tera. It's an mmo...A character will go a very very long way. Tera is one linear game, you cannot switch character and take off where the other one left. Warframe is made of raids and doesn't have character specific linear game progression like Tera does. 

I specifically wrote 'doesn't restrict item progression like Warframe does', because warframe is different.

Games like Blacklight Retribtution. Not limits to what you can own...And they have allot. The sell loadout slots for quick switching and that is it. 

Tribes ascend: no limits what so ever. Everything but skins is unlockable for ingame xp.

Team fortress 2: Well all classes are available in the beginning. They all have their main guns luckily  You have limited slots, but these are still plenty and won't get in the way of a player. Heck you get free items randomly just by playing and you end up with duplicates. 

This system doesn't work for Warframe. Because you have to craft the majority of things you can own first. 

I was laughing for about a full minute after I read this.  And then I realized you were serious.

Let's see a list of examples from this "every other game out there" list of yours that you're comparing things against.  Go on - I want to see some examples from this list of magical games that are free to play and yet don't restrict item possession in any way.

'I was laughing for about a full minute after I read this.  And then I realized you were serious' <<< cringe

People who try to look cinematic in a serious way on a forum aren't worth arguing. Read my above reply to the other guy.

Also, don't rephrase my damn sentences.  'Restrict item possession in any way' is not the same as 'restrict item possession like Warframe does'

Edited by Pixues

Correct me where i'm wrong. But i had to check a tutorial video to get a glimpse of what World of Tanks is about. It seems like you have 5 slots for your tanks. or 3 maybe and the other ones have to be bought?

But i'm seeing a major difference with Warframe. In World of Tanks, once you have unlocked a tank it remains unlocked. You might delete a tank in a garage slot, but getting that tank back would be a matter of re-purchasing it. In Warframe, deleting a frame you had to go through so much trouble of finding it first? Once you delete a warframe it's gone. It's not waiting to be purchased again. No, you have to farm it and craft it again.

Plus, the forums are the same as this one. I saw many topics on people wanting garage slots. So is the system working? sure, but your community doesn't like it. 

Apparently the same thing goes for battlefield play4free. I don't think the community likes it and people are bypassing it by creating new accounts, because you don't have craft anything in the first place to get the class you want.

About Tera. It's an mmo...A character will go a very very long way. Tera is one linear game, you cannot switch character and take off where the other one left. Warframe is made of raids and doesn't have character specific linear game progression like Tera does. 

I specifically wrote 'doesn't restrict item progression like Warframe does', because warframe is different.

Games like Blacklight Retribtution. Not limits to what you can own...And they have allot. The sell loadout slots for quick switching and that is it. 

Tribes ascend: no limits what so ever. Everything but skins is unlockable for ingame xp.

Team fortress 2: Well all classes are available in the beginning. They all have their main guns luckily  You have limited slots, but these are still plenty and won't get in the way of a player. Heck you get free items randomly just by playing and you end up with duplicates. 

This system doesn't work for Warframe. Because you have to craft the majority of things you can own first. 

You've made many good points here regarding the number of slots for free players, and now that you've elaborated a bit more, I fully understand what you mean.  I will address your point in kind.

The intent of the 50 free platinum for new Warframe accounts is to allow a free player a limited amount of customization, which is fine.  However, while the issue of slots can be addressed at the beginning by purchasing additional slots first, the player must know that they can do so ahead of time, as this underlying mechanic of where to best spend the platinum isn't immediately apparent.  I'll certainly grant that this is an issue.

How does this sound as a solution:  Instead of 50 platinum, a new player would receive 20.  In exchange for receiving 30 fewer platinum, they would receive two more warframe slots, and four more weapon slots.  This amount would be enough elbow room for newer players, but it's few enough that players wishing to collect more than four warframes will purchase more.

Edited by rhoenix

The purpose of a business is to make money, and DE can't always give everything away for earnable ways as it needs this funding to continue developing the game and paying the employee's wages. Yes, slots should be earnable, potatoes potentially too, and no my founder's status has nothing to do with my opinions. Lack of slots absolutely restricts gameplay's liquidity in leveling items but like any free 2 play game DE kind of has to pressure people to buy platinum so they can stay afloat.

Oh, I get it, instead of monetizing cosmetics, taunts/dances, titles, avatar images, weapons, boosters, blueprints, and all manner of other things, they should nickel and dime people on inventory in a shooter.  That will make them a S#&amp;&#036; ton of money.  NOT.

Oh, I get it, instead of monetizing cosmetics, taunts/dances, titles, avatar images, weapons, boosters, blueprints, and all manner of other things, they should nickel and dime people on inventory in a shooter.  That will make them a S#&$ ton of money.  NOT.

Hello bearded man. 

You've made many good points here regarding the number of slots for free players, and now that you've elaborated a bit more, I fully understand what you mean.  I will address your point in kind.

The intent of the 50 free platinum for new Warframe accounts is to allow a free player a limited amount of customization, which is fine.  However, while the issue of slots can be addressed at the beginning by purchasing additional slots first, the player must know that they can do so ahead of time, as this underlying mechanic of where to best spend the platinum isn't immediately apparent.  I'll certainly grant that this is an issue.

How does this sound as a solution:  Instead of 50 platinum, a new player would receive 20.  In exchange for receiving 30 fewer platinum, they would receive two more warframe slots, and four more weapon slots.  This amount would be enough elbow room for newer players, but it's few enough that players wishing to collect more than four warframes will purchase more.

Could be. I don't know.

However, I don't support any possession restriction for Warframe, period. 

It simply doesn't fit.

I see the Blacklight Retribution system as most fit for Warframe. Warframe is going to have loadout slots in the future, we already got a glimpse of those because they were accidentally shown to us.

Loadout slots should be capable of un-equipping mods and equipping them to another weapon. 

Loadout slots should just contain everything: 

-Which warframe + the mods equiped

-Which sentinel + mods equiped

-Which weapons + Mods equiped 

Let's say i have a fully upgraded Split chamber and it is saved inside 2 loadout presets i created. It should automatically get switched over as i switch loadout slots. 

People are switching mods by hand when they switch some weapon or warframe. I've seen several streamers do it. 

DE gives everyone 2 free loadout slots (like Blacklight retribution). And people who want more, purchase it for platinum.

No one in the Blacklight community is complaining about the lack of loadout slots, because it is actually just a thing of convenience and not a restriction. 

And they still have many other options to make money. 

Edited by Pixues

Hmmm so you did check a tutorial video, but you wasn't a player?

You are correct, you start with 5 garage slot. You can even earn some gold with some special event, like changing password and when they release a new patch with new "country" they give the first tier tank with garage slot for free.

Yes, you can "sell" a tank, and you can re-purchase it, but it's not easy like you think it is... okay, the first 4 tier you can do this various times... but when you starting go over tier 5... tanks ain't that cheap... ^^

Yes, they are different game, but when you like a tank, you won't sell it... and you need some lower tier tank for keep farming credits... otherwise you will go broke... repairing tank and ammo cost is high when you reach high tiers... so you need to keep some tier 5/6 tanks for farming..

You want to progress? prob you will need a few more garage slot...

Man, i don't like either...

True, but if you have not unlocked permantly a gun :p

I quoted these games, for paying slot system... not that i agree with this method.

Personally, I don't like actual slot system for warframe, but better than buying platinum stuff at the market... (225/375P for warframe vs 20P + dedicating long time)

So far, mostly I've purchased slots, and I would be happy if they refund me all slots purchased and making the slots infinite, but sadly this won't happen...

And I'm hoping for some change like that progress on mastery rank, will unlock you some slots... so there are a reason for keep ranking up weapons..

Or something like this:

One of good thing would be the rank unlocked remain there, even if you sell the weapon. So when you re-purchase/build it, the Rank is still there, so if your dislike the new weapon, just re-take older one at previous level.

And it would be nice if you can pay (es. 100.000) credits for "taking out" the catalyst/reactor before selling the weapon.

Calling it collecting is &#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp;.  It's perfectly reasonable for people to not want to sacrifice something they've poured hours of time into.  Requiring people to pay money or sacrfice something they've spent a lot of time on is ridiculous.

What a load of crap, you have no idea whether or not the people giving founders crap have spent money on the game.  Nevermind that even founders have come out against this system.

What is "&#036;&amp;*&amp;*#(%&amp;" is just straight out flaming when anyone disagrees with your opinion. All of the starter weapons are easily outclassed by almost every replacement possible in game. If you still have them and are qqing about slot space that is your own fault. You were given starter platinum and since I can see you purchased a founder package You had ample opportunity to get enough slots to where it wasn't an issue. You spent your money how you wanted which was your choice. If you wasted it once again that was YOUR choice. What is a load of crap is flaming posts because they don't fit your perfect scenario. If you can't make a valid point without name calling and acting like a child, you have no point worth looking at.

Someone else already said something like this, but what if any weapon you crafted could be 'bought'? like crafting it unlocks the ability to easy 'machine the parts' making it buyable for 10,000 credits or something like that? It would not take up a weapon slot but still easily accessible and your hours of farming materials would not be in vain.

free 2 play means you can play for free. This doesnt mean you get everything for not paying.

I dont see why slots should be free. They cost DE money in storage. Why should you not have to pay for something that costs the company money....

^ Best answer.

Seriously do people actually need to collect every weapon in the game?

One thing that really annoys me is when people give founders crap in these types of threads. Games don't make themselves and If you cant pay a bit of money to unlock a few slots then you should be thanking the founders because they made it possible for you to play an enjoyable game for free.

First part. Need? No. Want? Yes, i like of lots of tools in my toolbox.

Second part. Amen brother/sister.

Already have, don't want to anymore.

Suggest the ability to buy slots with credits, if not you are limiting the game to paying which isn't F2P

Not everyone wants to throw a lot of money at a single game, sorry.

Throwing away money? You dumbass kid with skint parents, it's your problem if you can't pay a dollar for anything in this game that is deemed fair and free, anything else you want on the side, PAY for it or GTFO and stop whining.

Kids who demand freebies in a game that requires money to run and maintain, usually bankrupt or close the game itself. Thank the people who pay for Plats to get more than what Warframe has to offer. If it wasn't for them, this game would've been closed by now.

And hey, it's on DDoS attack as we speak and what do you think the Management are doing? Rectifying the issue of course, since they get PAID for it. If it was a freebie game using in game currency, the Management need not to bother with working on this issue to get the game up and running asap.

Make your own game, run it, manage it, THEN come back and tell us if you were able to handle all that freebie S#&amp;&#036; a year later. @(*()&#036; freebie demanding retards.

Okay so let me pump all this time and effort into a weapon along with catalysts, mods and what not then just have to turn around and sell it. I still use my MK1-Braton and I can only use my LEX pistol because all the other slots are used up. The LEX has been an outstanding weapon for me and I'm afraid to sell it because of the massive risk that the replacement would suck. Not to mention its level 30, with a catalyst BECAUSE I ACTUALLY DID BUY SOME PLATINUM. Already thrown $20 bucks at the game, not giving it much more. I would rather buy a $60 title and get everything with it rather than all this.

problem is if you buy a game in a store for 60$ you get what you pay for & no more

but as it is now that they keep making money on slots/weapons/cosmetics ect. They will keep providing updates to the game

i bought the grandmaster package because i loved the game since i tryed it for the first time so far i proberly havnt got worth my 250$ 

but the updates keep coming & i got all warframes & enought weapons slots for all the weapons & am left with 5k platinum so far i even wasted alot

so i will never to buy platinum agian but the updates will keep coming because other people keep buying & keep the game going on.

I am sick & tired of these topic, its like people have no common sence left but just want everything for free

i suggest that you take your head out of your @ss & realise that you get nothing for free in this world

if your still a kid & dont got access credit cards/bank konto & your parents wont pay for this.

Tough luck.

I see a lot of people assuming how much money DE is making from Warframe platinum sales. Unless you actually have the real numbers of their gross income vs. operationsl costs, any arguement made around those assumptions are invalid and baseless. For all you know, your request could represent 10% or 80% of their income. You don't know. Should people ask you give up a chunk of your paycheck? That is what you're asking DE to do.

Perhaps instead of just baselessly asking for them to start giving away things, propose an alternate plan.

Don't be so god damn cheap. 

^

I happen to be financially fortunate and gladly pay for luxuries in games I enjoy because I'm an idealist that believes in a vague sense of karma that comes with supporting a game financially. I realize not everyone has plenty of discretionary cash to spend & I'm fine with them having access to all the same stuff I paid for. Naturally I expect there to be hurdles for those folks, because regardless of whether or not I would spend money if there weren't ... on a large scale, in the big picture, there simply would be far too few financial supporters to keep the game alive if everything was easily gotten for free.

I'm damned sure I'm subsidizing plenty of free players who are more than understanding of the limitations, accept not being able to purchase everything with ease for free, and are extremely respectful of the concept.

I'm also damned sure I'm subsidizing entitled spoiled brats like many on these forums.

If the 2nd type had their way, there wouldn't be anyone with any reason to subsidize their cheap-&amp;#&#33; ... and vicariously there would be no game.

Be the first type.

Edited by Qb3rt

2 weapon slots = 1 pack of cigs

Come on guys

Here in NY ... 1 pack of cigs would literally buy more than 12 weapons slots!

It's $5 for 75 platinum... it costs 72 platinum for 6 purchases of weapon slots. Each purchase gives 2 weapon slots.

It costs more than $5 for a pack of cigs here.

So.. Basically, if you could play long enough and want extra weapons to play( maybe over 50 hours?), $5 would not kill your life. You can consider that by paying for entertaining and $5 is not worth for 50 hours of game play? Some dudes just play the game endlessly and be proud that " I'm not paying anything , I play with my efforts and actually make the money out of the game " -_-

At the beginning, DE  already gave you 50 plat  and you could possibly buy 2 weapon slots and a Warframe slot. Unfortunately, you messed up and paying for things like "potato" because you don't know alerts could give you those or you did not even know it exist. They gave you everything except new sentinel cosmetic and slots. As a reference to De_steve in recently live steam, he mentioned about people are just asking too much, ONLY  100k credits and a frost prime blue print ? 

Every single game is required to pay a certain fee. I have played lots of MMO, shooting game, RPG , android  games and most of them are being excessive impacted of real money. Mostly android games, ($5 for a boost for a battle?$ 30 to build your farm greater than others?, $3 for a pack of random 5 cards?).Pc is even worse. All shooting games ( special guns with outstanding performance only can be used by paying money), all Chinese/ Korean games, etc.... Free to play good games are also required to pay a certain amount like Lord of the ring( cash to unlock dungeons, classes, bank), Age of Conan ( raid, bank slot), Vindictus, Path of Exile ( bank slots, cosmetic), etc...

Typically, Slots/Cosmestic are the main strategy for developers to make money which not create a negative influence when players want a game with no impacts by real money. Warframe gives free cosmestic so what do you expect more? You should be thankful because the developers are so generous instead of demanding for more.

Edit: Sorry . 12 credits for 2 weapon slots, 50 plat = 4 weapons slots + warframe slot. 7 slots for beginers to begin. How come people want it more?

Edited by Zokkoven

Already have, don't want to anymore.

Suggest the ability to buy slots with credits, if not you are limiting the game to paying which isn't F2P

Not everyone wants to throw a lot of money at a single game, sorry.

Already have?

Wheres you disciple tag?

You bought a 5 or 10 dollar pack?

Go in for $20 its a better exchange rate on founders packages

You get 370 plat

WITHOUT the starting slots it takes 324 to buy enough slots for ALL WEAPONS.

@ZokkovenI'd agree with you if slots were like bank slots, but they are not. They are not even like character slots since a warframe has more than 10 times less complexity than an RPG game (like MMO's).

Also the slots system is very bad since you can just make a new account and get free slots and warframes. In an RPG you invest hours in a character and you can buy more bank slots, but usually they are not necessary and it wouldn't be worth it to make a new account like in warframe.

Maybe some people have money to throw at games, but i don't want to spend 30$ on slots when i can just make a new account and not need to spend it. I'd pay 30$ for some cosmetics like good glaive skins or colors etc. but to spend it on something that i can get for free? No thank you.

If WF slots were something like load-out slots, i which after you craft a warframe and you want to sell it, you can buy it back for 200.000 credits, have it leveled-up and only wait 1 day, then ok, maybe I'd buy 4 or 5, but like the system currently is, no thanks, not worth the money.

Already have?

Wheres you disciple tag?

You bought a 5 or 10 dollar pack?

Go in for $20 its a better exchange rate on founders packages

You get 370 plat

WITHOUT the starting slots it takes 324 to buy enough slots for ALL WEAPONS.

i think that he already said that he purchased warframes or something like that, but not slots becasue he didn't consider that they were worth it.

Edited by Story4