Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf The Grineer A Little Please

The only thing that makes Geneer hard are their special units AKA Bombard, Heavy gunner, Commander of the submachine gun of death, Maniac, Slasher.

Then we have the Corpus which is all around hard because they do the most damage. Though they only have 1 special unit which is nullifier. Soon Riots.

Infested are hard as butts when all their units are together. They are so teamwork oriented but super weak if you fight them without their whole team together.

The toughest part about the Grineer for me was dealing with slash damage while playing solo. A Warframe with even a bit of heals or decent defensive casts can take care of that problem.

The toughest part about the Grineer for me was dealing with slash damage while playing solo. A Warframe with even a bit of heals or decent defensive casts can take care of that problem.

Or you can just go invisible and not take any damage at all.

The only Grineer I have any difficulty with are the Ballista types. On a caster frame they can one-shot you from max-range, even a tanky frame can be 2-shot (which is problematic given when they shoot at max range behind cover you probably don't even know where they are).

Bombards, Napalms, Heavy Gunners are all cake, Manic is a challenge but I find him really fun to fight.

The only Grineer I have any difficulty with are the Ballista types. On a caster frame they can one-shot you from max-range, even a tanky frame can be 2-shot (which is problematic given when they shoot at max range behind cover you probably don't even know where they are).

Bombards, Napalms, Heavy Gunners are all cake, Manic is a challenge but I find him really fun to fight.

Bastilla Grineer can ruin your day but generally they'll only take you out of you stay put in the open for too long. Their weapons aren't actually hitscan so you can dodge their rounds.

They always fire for center mass so all you need to do is block your torso with scenery, worst case. They're no problem for a Volt.

Personally I think the current difficulty levels are pretty comfortable. I remember when I could walk on to ceres with a unranked weapon and frame and run through with ease. For  a while everyone has asked for a better scaling for difficulty, it seems much better to me now than before, more exciting, more interesting..I do think the grineer AI still needs some work, I encounter occasions off them getting stuck, running in random and odd directions, taking cover in places that make no sense for them to be doing so. 

but the difficulty I like. the new mobs sometimes pin me down and pretty much instakill,  perhaps that is a little over the top. 

Edited by Babellon

I never had much trouble with them up until Saturn, even then, i could still kill most of them.

Enemy accuracy is a problem in this game though, an SMG pistol shouldn't hit you on the other side of a large hangar.

Op have you been in a T3 or T4 before? Where you meet bombards inside nullifier bubbles with a healing ancient all cramped up? The bombard has freaking homing missiles and usually those are worse than pentas if they hit you? But to be honest, i hate manics and riots the most, DE are making the worst enemies for this game and hilarious that they dont wants us to be spam fest but gives us enemies that requires you to spam things in one place.

Ancients, nullifiers, riot moas, tar moas, etc etc.

Learn to dodge

How about to learn to take down a level 80 Heavy Gunner with the most OP weapon. I know my weapons. The only Grineer I hate most are the heavy gunners and the bombarders. Their armor rating is insane. They are a walking tank. A mini boss that can kill you with just a few shots. with a Rhino using Iron Skin and the highest health shield and armor.

I find the COrpus a bit more difficult than the Grineer, except on Phobos. GOddamn Phobos. Just slash procs, slash procs and more slash procs, with some blast procs thrown in for good measure. Everything that makes the Grineer bad is magnified on Phobos, for some reason. Nobody misses.

Bastilla Grineer can ruin your day but generally they'll only take you out of you stay put in the open for too long. Their weapons aren't actually hitscan so you can dodge their rounds.

They always fire for center mass so all you need to do is block your torso with scenery, worst case. They're no problem for a Volt.

Don't get me wrong, solo ballista aren't that much of a concern, it's when there is 1 or 2 together when you're already fighting a host of grineer. Had one even shoot me in the middle of an oblique copter.

I think their most annoying feature is their aimbottiness, and sometimes they just flat-out cheat. I see them shoot right through walls, cover, even doors and stuff, and I can't even hit them.

From about level 20 and below, they have a tendency to fire in short bursts, miss a lot, and pause a lot. That's perhaps a bit too easy, but it's only there for a couple of low levels. For some reason, there's a point that, either at a certain level threshold or on certain durations of Survival/Defense, they become complete aimbots. Pinpoint accuracy from any distance makes things very un-fun, particularly when they are squeezing shots through a tiny crack behind cover behind a container behind a door, etc.

As a nothing-but-Volt player, I am getting ripped to pieces by constant bleed procs whenever I enter a room or hallway, and with lots of rolls and health restores I have sort of managed so far. With these being quite low-level Grineer in the mid-20s, I really am quite pessimistic about how this will be at higher levels. Maybe it's because I am playing solo?

Also a random unrelated sidenote, the Lancer's Grakata can slice up corpses that it shoots while trying to shoot me, but my Grakata can't cut up bodies at all. Obviously, the stats are different, but why is this not available on the player version?

Edited by SriJayawardenapuraKotteX

Damage and health wise grineer   are top in the foodchain. Only one thing can rival them in terms of damage and that is detron crewman. But infested are now the worst faction, constant dragging, shockwaves, toxic auras, mangetic auras, god mode auras let alone slow mos from tars/brood mothers and screen blackout for swarms.

No, no, nooooooooooo, enough with the nerf. Some dude plays Corpus but then sees someone else playing against Grineer and gets jelly because Grineer are so much cooler and badass than Corpus. Corpus is their fave faction but they also want to play against most badass faction so they scream and whine for Grineer nerfs. But why not ask for Corpus buff. When will people stop asking for nerfs and ask only buffs. Buff Corpus and Infested and Corrupted to Grineer level and everyone wins.