Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Toonami Has Done It.

Kill la Kill?

Never cared for it. The art style is nice and all, but the sexualizing bores me immediately. Let's not even address the boob physics.

To explain myself about the "sex" stuff, it comes across as though they'd like to be subtle but don't know how. That's probably just a culture barrier, and I'm totally fine with leaving that barrier intact, thank you very much.

Of course, people who have seen my posts before know that I generally don't care for anything, made by anyone, ever. :P

Kill la Kill?

Never cared for it. The art style is nice and all, but the sexualizing bores me immediately. Let's not even address the boob physics.

To explain myself about the "sex" stuff, it comes across as though they'd like to be subtle but don't know how. That's probably just a culture barrier, and I'm totally fine with leaving that barrier intact, thank you very much.

Of course, people who have seen my posts before know that I generally don't care for anything, made by anyone, ever. :P

*Casually looks to folder labeled 'smut'* 

I'm not all that sexualized. 

I'm trying to remember if there was ever an anime that I felt compelled to geek out over.

Most of the time, it's more a matter of finding a series that makes me cringe as seldom as possible. I found SAO pretty enjoyable, and Deadman Wonderland was okay (typical oversold "revelations of character insanity" set aside).

I enjoyed the heck out of Spice and Wolf; Gunslinger Girl also.

Just please don't make me think about... that show I already mentioned.

Lol.....some people cannot see past the nudity, can they.

About Kill la Kill:

It's a satire on the current state  of the industry with fanservice left and right. It's ingenous actually-making fun of fanservice with fanservice.

Everyone has the right to form an opinion, but Only after experiencing the piece in question. If you have watched it and not liked it, hey, it's awesome! Not everyone has to like everything, and your opinion is as valid as anyone's.

Personally I like it a lot because it's so clever and brings amazing animation and witticisms to the table.

OP:

Nice! what animes are you planning to watch, btw?

I'd recommend catching up on Fate/Saty Night: Unlimited Bladeworks, the new boot up, and its prequel Fate: Zero. The fights are amazing!

Listen up folks. I don't care if you love anime or hate it but don't rub it in peoples faces.

Now to the part where i talk about anime: Kill la kill tries to show what is wrong with anime- the oversexualized characters and wierd outfits. It was not really overhyped in my opinion because there weren't as many people talking about it as there were people talking about SnK. However saying, that an anime is good or bad because a lot of people talk about it is wrong too. Shingeki no kyoujin was not a bad anime and kill la kill was not the best one i have ever seen. With over 300 anime added to my list i must say, that there are no completly the best animes and not completly really bad ones....except maybe boku no pico- like srsly don't even google that S#&$.

Like in normal TV series, there is every genre present in anime also. Judging anime after hearing about it or just watching one episode or maybe one series will just make you look like an ignorant person, who forms opinions to quickly based on to little information.

Sure have an opinion about ONE anime but saying that all of them suck just because you watched one or because weeaboos are ruining your lawn...just learn to deal with it. It is no big deal and we won't kill you because we like anime or something. Anime are not a threat.

Attack on Titan

Code Geass

Kill La Kill

Gurren Lagann

SAO

Fate/Stay

JoJo

Pff, you bunch of noobscrubs!

Boku No Pico is obviously the best anime ever made. The plot and characters are the best I've ever seen in the genre.

Edited by BeeOverlord

However saying, that an anime is good or bad because a lot of people talk about it is wrong too. 

Then you clearly don't understand the power of overexposure to something. When people keep talking about it and ruining the plot poiunts and alike, you tend to not want to watch it and get frustrated with it.

I came from a community that obsessed over Kill La Kill. Like absolutely obsessed over it. 

They kept talking about the characters, the plot points, the fanservice scenes that it gets tiring. Same rule when applied to Frozen's Let it go. Over-exposure to something leads to people not enjoying it anymore.

I'm actually in a mood to just be contrarian and say that I can't be faulted for not knowing that... it... is meant as a satire.

From where I sit, it plays the part so well that I would never know unless it was explicitly indicated. To me, that's a failure to deliver the message - in this case, the primary message of the whole dang work.

I now have a new, overriding reason to dislike it, and I have the fans to thank for that.

ありがとうございました

Lol.....some people cannot see past the nudity, can they.

About Kill la Kill:

It's a satire on the current state  of the industry with fanservice left and right. It's ingenous actually-making fun of fanservice with fanservice.

Everyone has the right to form an opinion, but Only after experiencing the piece in question. If you have watched it and not liked it, hey, it's awesome! Not everyone has to like everything, and your opinion is as valid as anyone's.

Personally I like it a lot because it's so clever and brings amazing animation and witticisms to the table.

OP:

Nice! what animes are you planning to watch, btw?

I'd recommend catching up on Fate/Saty Night: Unlimited Bladeworks, the new boot up, and its prequel Fate: Zero. The fights are amazing!

Well I'm Looking at starting One Piece over as I never watched it from start to current-- I need to start at SAO again,

Those there are just how many days of suffering?

Listen up folks. I don't care if you love anime or hate it but don't rub it in peoples faces.

Now to the part where i talk about anime: Kill la kill tries to show what is wrong with anime- the oversexualized characters and wierd outfits. It was not really overhyped in my opinion because there weren't as many people talking about it as there were people talking about SnK. However saying, that an anime is good or bad because a lot of people talk about it is wrong too. Shingeki no kyoujin was not a bad anime and kill la kill was not the best one i have ever seen. With over 300 anime added to my list i must say, that there are no completly the best animes and not completly really bad ones....except maybe boku no pico- like srsly don't even google that S#&$.

Like in normal TV series, there is every genre present in anime also. Judging anime after hearing about it or just watching one episode or maybe one series will just make you look like an ignorant person, who forms opinions to quickly based on to little information.

Sure have an opinion about ONE anime but saying that all of them suck just because you watched one or because weeaboos are ruining your lawn...just learn to deal with it. It is no big deal and we won't kill you because we like anime or something. Anime are not a threat.

GO Mega!

Exactly.

Well I'm Looking at starting One Piece over as I never watched it from start to current-- I need to start at SAO again,

Those there are just how many days of suffering?

Eh.....One Piece will be....a couple of eternities lol.....

SAO is fairly short. 24 Episodes should go pretty quickly.

Protip:

DO NOT WATCH SAO SEASON 2.  IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING YOU LOVE ABOUT SAO.

I'm actually in a mood to just be contrarian and say that I can't be faulted for not knowing that... it... is meant as a satire.

From where I sit, it plays the part so well that I would never know unless it was explicitly indicated. To me, that's a failure to deliver the message - in this case, the primary message of the whole dang work.

I now have a new, overriding reason to dislike it, and I have the fans to thank for that.

ありがとうございました

Well is that not a shortcoming on your part, because when I watched it the motifs and underlying messages were always clear to me.

It was obvious unless all you were seeing were the boobs. Jk lol.

Well If you are that hell-bent on disliking I cannot stop you.

@Erebus:

Shouldn't you hate the people who ruined it for you instead of th anime? :)

But I kind of get what you are saying, It is the reason I will never be able to use Boltor Prime though I have nothing against the gun. 

@Erebus:

Shouldn't you hate the people who ruined it for you instead of th anime? :)

But I kind of get what you are saying, It is the reason I will never be able to use Boltor Prime though I have nothing against the gun. 

Yes, I should, but it doesn't work that way. It's basic psychology. When people keep talking about something, you will be attacking the thing they are talking about because it is an easier target. Well I don't mean attacking, because if you wanna watch Kill La Kill, that's fine with me. I don't care and I certainly wont hold anything against anyone for liking it. Hell, my GF loves Kill La Kill.

But it's been ruined for me because of those other people. Yes I should be hating the people, but I don't know those people, they are gone from my memory. Kill La Kill, however, is still in my memory and it's still there. So my hate and disliking for it will be directed towards the anime.