Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Supporting Alad Could Have Severe Consequences

Dogefighter

So, i've heard a LOT of arguments to day about nef or alad.  Half boil down to karak versus dera, and the other half are a bunch of morons trying to claim moral high ground in a game that will always boil down to "Kill things, get paid".

Now, i like the Dera.  I prefer it over karak.  I don't want another glorified assault rifle, and the Dera is more unique than that thing.  However, most of you seem to want the karak, SO...I'm forced to go for the moral ground.  Blegh.

"Give Alad the cure, it's a redemption thing".  Sure.  He wants to cure himself.  No worries here.  Let's give this guy who is quite possibly STILL controlled by the infestation something with the capacity to stop the infestation.  Nothing could go wrong.  He won't engineer infested that are, say, resistant to it.  He won't incorporate it in any way.  I mean, he's never done anything like this before.  Never.  He didn't improve the infestation to take over robots, so there's no way he could improve them to resist this "cure".  And god knows the infested couldn't influence him in any way.  Not happened before, not gonna happen now.  Nope.

Even assuming he isn't controlled, i'm sure that his reasons for wanting this are entirely benign.  He certainly won't go back to messing with things the moment he's cured, if he cures himself at all.  Never in a million years.  That's just not like Alad, to lie, cheat, and swindle for his own gain.  Unthinkable.

Extremely salty and sarcastic side note:  Alad can't die here anyways.  He dies on Themisto, when we kill him.  Or....when we kill him for the mesa parts.  Or...jesus, i know this guy's into cats (looking at you, valkyr), but i didn't think he had the nine lives to match.  So...screw it, i guess.  I'm sure if we kill him he'll magically pop back up again.

I personally like Alad over Nef. It's a personal reason (Having religions shoved down your throat through your childhood) Does carry over.

I'll save the infected grandpa over the Pengiun ATM

To be fair, Alad V is very religious too, as seen in "the profit" trailer. You could say that Nef Anyo is less religious, since he isn't afraid to make a mockery of it to turn a profit.

To be fair, Alad V is very religious too, as seen in "the profit" trailer. You could say that Nef Anyo is less religious, since he isn't afraid to make a mockery of it to turn a profit.

Ironically, mocking profit to make profit would actually support profit.

No consequences these NPC pose are too severe or should even be considered a threat at all. As time has proven update after update, they are really of no threat since we'll just conjure up the greatest of artillery to take them down with ease. There's really nothing to worry about regarding the outcome of this event other than the reward that you desire should it not succeed. That is, if you want it that bad.

Edited by BloodCarnival

Ok, lemme look at the what is actually happening for the player experience:

- I am a space ninja with free will. When given a gun or a sword, I instinctively use it towards its one true purpose.

- My flesh is literally a weapon of mass destruction.

- From day one, I kill, steal, murder, assassinate, and spin the wheel of the solar system's power structure for the the sheer pleasure of it.

- I betray every syndicate I have ever joined. I use them to collect their secrets to obtain more weapons and more pleasure.

- The only places were I am forced to behave like a civil being is on the dojo, relays (still, there are armed guards there), and my own ship.

- Oh and to boot, we take orders from a person we have never seen, who pops up in our mind's eye.

Do you think there is any definition of "moral ground? to a Tenno? 

Can one even dare to believe that we Tenno believe in mercy?

You know we will eventually have to kill them both right?

Edited by Takai

Less in the face really. 

I want the karak, i didn't read your whole post, too long, kinda boring, but let me tell you this, if we get the cure we can keep it for possible future uses, Nef Anyo wants to destroy it, so if we do and we need a cure later in the future, it's gone.

I want the karak becuase its a great rifle and it deserves a buff, but we can settle for a wraith version, dera is not more unique, unless you care to elaborate, you calling it unique is not enough to actually make it unique, anyway keeping the cure is better than destroying it because Anyo's jimmies are rustled.

dera is not more unique, unless you care to elaborate, you calling it unique is not enough to actually make it unique, anyway keeping the cure is better than destroying it because Anyo's jimmies are rustled.

Name another primary or secondary that's a highly accurate (100% accuracy) energy repeater in Warframe. 

I understand that Alad is an incredibly dangerous threat, and while everything you said is possible, I don't think we or The Lotus are keen on letting him use it without supervision. also, with all the information we're stealing, we can likely replicate it ourselves, assuming it exists/works.

All that said, there's one thing we may have looked over. Jupiter was a purely infested planet in the past before they jumped ship to points unknown and then Eris. It is entirely possible, considering the nature of Infested in general, that the infestation took Alad first before he started working on the whole mutalist empire thing.

while it's incredibly sketchy that he suddenly regained control over himself, he also is not fully infested, as he still more or less retains his natural shape, meaning he might be able to resist it enough to regain control again... though, to be honest, I expected him to act a little more scared than he does, but he's probably saving face.

Also, to those who say that the Tenno are without mercy, consider the fact that we, with a completely reasonable compensation for cleaning up, destroy this cybernetic plague wherever it shows up, regardless of who it's attacking. not to mention, at least a few weapons refer to Tenno giving merciful deaths to those who succumb to the infested.

I like it how all of us unanimously consciously agreed that Alad V is more annoying than Jar Jar and he should be thrown into the sun.

Then the SECOND he shows a pretty vandal dera to your faces, you're all like "OOOOH SHINY"

Then you give him enough power and he whoops your butt and you'll be like "THE HORROR"

But who said we don't WANT those dire consequences? :P

Nef wins, we get cool wep and nothing happens.

Alad wins, and we either:

a) Actually get a cure and get follow up events and plotlines;

b) Are betrayed and get more infested units, most likely manic-style.

And also another cool gun.

So, lorewise its a win-lose situation, but game-wise it's a win-win. Manics are still my favorite enemies so far, cheeky little bastards they are, and DE seems to be learning about what makes interesting enemies. (don't say 'but bursas'. Bursas are okay, it's the stupid babysitting that's annoying)

But who said we don't WANT those dire consequences? :P

Nef wins, we get cool wep and nothing happens.

Alad wins, and we either:

a) Actually get a cure and get follow up events and plotlines;

b) Are betrayed and get more infested units, most likely manic-style.

And also another cool gun.

So, lorewise its a win-lose situation, but game-wise it's a win-win. Manics are still my favorite enemies so far, cheeky little bastards they are, and DE seems to be learning about what makes interesting enemies. (don't say 'but bursas'. Bursas are okay, it's the stupid babysitting that's annoying)

Infested manic?  Nope.  Nope to the hale fkn nope.  They've already got MOAs.  Nope.