The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have Shotguns Reload One Bullet At A Time

yessiree

Have shotguns reload one bullet at a time, like how shotguns reload in counter strike.

This way you don't have to wait for the entire magazine to get reloaded, as you can interrupt the reloading process by shooting.

Good idea?

In theory, it's not a bad idea. In practice, I think it'd disrupt the feel of Warframe.

Warframe is a game about moving fast and hectic. Having to stop and wait for thirty seconds to reload a full clip of shotgun doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Plus, most of the shotguns in Warframe appear to have clips instead of ammo tubes, so that doesn't really work.

In theory, it's not a bad idea. In practice, I think it'd disrupt the feel of Warframe.

Warframe is a game about moving fast and hectic. Having to stop and wait for thirty seconds to reload a full clip of shotgun doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Plus, most of the shotguns in Warframe appear to have clips instead of ammo tubes, so that doesn't really work.

You seem to have misunderstood the idea.

Say if reloading one full clip takes 30 seconds, and you have 6 bullets in a clip, then in this way reloading one bullet only takes 5 seconds.

After you reload one bullet, (5 seconds), you can shoot that bullet right away, instead of having to wait for the full clip to finish reloading.

Edited by yessiree

Have shotguns reload one bullet at a time, like how shotguns reload in counter strike.

This way you don't have to wait for the entire magazine to get reloaded, as you can interrupt the reloading process by shooting.

Good idea?

This a terrible idea and you're terrible for trying to force Counter Strike's mechanics on a weapon class onto Warframe. You do know we can reload while in mid-air right? Maybe we shouldn't be able to reload in mid-air either. How about giving us all terrible accuracy in mid-air?

This is a game about SPACE NINJAS, not some counter terrorist strike team vs a terrorist force in equal numbers on a team deathmatch version. It's 1-4 SPACE NINJAS vs hordes of enemies.

In fact, I'm pretty sure a level 1 Excalibur would be the most OP thing ever if dropped into a CS match.

This a terrible idea and you're terrible for trying to force Counter Strike's mechanics on a weapon class onto Warframe. You do know we can reload while in mid-air right? Maybe we shouldn't be able to reload in mid-air either. How about giving us all terrible accuracy in mid-air?

This is a game about SPACE NINJAS, not some counter terrorist strike team vs a terrorist force in equal numbers on a team deathmatch version. It's 1-4 SPACE NINJAS vs hordes of enemies.

In fact, I'm pretty sure a level 1 Excalibur would be the most OP thing ever if dropped into a CS match.

Its not just Counter-Strike, you dolt. There's multiple type of shotguns. What he wants is a hand-feed system, rather than a magazine.

Which I'm all for. I've always preferred interruptible reloading that allows me to still shoot then go all in and have to start over if interrupted. But they'd have to be different/new weapons.

First, I'm not trying to force CS mechanics here. I'm simply suggesting to have the RELOADING mechanics tweaked a little bit. I'm having doubts about your comprehensive abilities.

Second, according to you, space ninjas are only trained to reload an entire magazine. Tell them to reload one bullet at a time, and they are going to have a mental breakdown.

Third, being able to reload one shotgun bullet at a time would ENHANCE fast-paced actions in warframe. Since if you're using a shotgun, you will be in your enemy's faces, dashing in and out, popping one enemy at a time, reload one bullet, pop another immediately. Having a shorter reload time would greatly complement this style of gameplay.

The hell, this has nothing to do with the idea, you're just obsessing over one name in his suggestion.  He's suggesting that you just reload one round at a time, and that you can shoot after having reloaded a round or so (just shoot/reload/shoot is very slow and inconvenient, but the reload process as a whole takes the same amount of time).  I'm fairy certain other shooters do this, and it seems every single reply is all focused on the fact that he just mentioned COUNTER STRIKE.  Seriously?  Did you even understand what he said?

Edited by Luzoto

I wouldn't mind reloading one bullet at a time as long as the full load takes the same amount of time to reload as a single clip...

But what happens to people with, say, 10 bullets in their Strun? Would they reload each bullet that much faster, would it flip the bird to OCD people and make it take that much longer to fully reload, what?

OK, forget Counter Strike, how about Halo. That would be cool. They have pump shotguns, w/e shotguns too. Space Ninjas fighting the Covenant and instead of infested, you have the Flood. Makes sense, right?

That's how they mix.

BRILLIANT! :)

They should add weapon customatization via mods or a new seperate system for things like this. Some will want to reload their Strun shell by shell some entire magazine at once. Seems better then having 30 shotguns to satisfy everyones taste. Or mods with negative effects (higher RoF at cost of lower accuracy and vica versa)

OK, forget Counter Strike, how about Halo. That would be cool. They have pump shotguns, w/e shotguns too. Space Ninjas fighting the Covenant and instead of infested, you have the Flood. Makes sense, right?

That's how they mix.

BRILLIANT! :)

I personally wouldn't mind a Plasma Pistol, fire it on a Grineer and watch them flail all around right before it blows up... or an Ancient Disruptor.

As long as it is shotgun dependent and not mandatory for all shotguns then yes.

You have the Queen's +1.

Well, they could modify the "Pump Action" mod and add this effect to it. Though I don't see how reloading one bullet at a time for shotguns would have any negative drawbacks?

PS: queen here too eh...

Well, they could modify the "Pump Action" mod and add this effect to it. Though I don't see how reloading one bullet at a time for shotguns would have any negative drawbacks?

PS: queen here too eh...

It would not...this as a matter of fact might be pretty ovepowered with a reload mod...

PS: Queen everywhere lol...I'm already gathering followers in this game as well.

Edited by Ystella