The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have Shotguns Reload One Bullet At A Time

yessiree

The next person who corrects clip to magazine is going to make me start referring to all guns as pew pews.

Magazine magazine magazine magazine magazine! Just don't call the LEX a pew pew, things more of a BLAM! BLAM! than a pew pew. Afuris would be plink plink because of how weak it is.

I would love to see the option to reload 1 shell at a time on the hek, allowing for the reload to be interrupted partway through without losing out on the shells that managed to get reloaded. It would also very much make sense visually for both the strun and the hek.

I try to use Bronco and I hate it.
If this VERY MINOR MECHANICAL CHANGE were added, Bronco might actually be good.

Besides, how do you know FUTURISTIC WARRIORS using weapons technology FROM THE FUTURE would be beholden to modern-day ideas of clips and magazines? Maybe the 'ammo barrel' on the Boar really is just a wind up toy that generates bullets out of dark matter fed by the Fleubengeuben-Howitzer reactor in the "Shotgun Ammo" clips.

Edited by LapuLapo

I've loved this idea from day 1 I got my Strun.
I can easily see the Strun and Hek being hand-loaded, but not the Boar. THe Boar is blatantly a full-auto shotgun with a barrel magazine. Unless you're playing "realistic" Call of Duty, you don't hand-load them.

As for ammo mods:
The unmodded Strun has a reload time of 3 seconds, and 6 shots. It's is fully possible, and recorded on youtube, for someone to fully load a pump-action shotgun in less than 6 seconds. We're space-warriors (Not ninjas, we lost the ninja card when we got shotguns, greataxes, and pink Rhinos), we can pull off handloading at 0.5 seconds a shell. If we mod it up to 10 shots and 30% reload speed, we have 0.35 seconds per shell. 3.5 seconds of reload time, or 2.1 second without ammo upgrades.

That's litterally the same reload speed for a full clip.
Yes. having one shot every 0.35 seconds is a bit odd, but that's not a big deal considering a Bronco could achieve a 0.52 second reload speed for two shots, or 0.26 per shot via hand loading, meaning similar damage output.

Some might say this is too stong of a boost for shotguns (Considering you can fire more constantly), and if people would think that, make teh base reload speed slightly higher to compensate (0.75 per shell would result in essentially one shot a second instead of two, and not even two with full mods).

• 3 weeks later...

Put it this way, on a totally new different shotgun I am all for this. But changing current mechanics on current shotguns is a no-no. 

New shotgun like this? You have my 100% support. It is like changing vulkar to bolt-action. Would force players already using it to change their playstyle. If a whole new weapon comes in, then people who want that mechanic can use it and those who don't, will not.

Nope. Shotguns are weak enough already.

Changing to reloading one shell at a time wouldn't make them weak. If anything it would make them stronger.

Rather than having to wait a full reload after emptying a magazine, you can reload however many shells you need to finish the encounter, and then do a full reload on the way to the next group of enemies.

Or, for smaller engagements, you can reload between small groups and spend less time reloading because you're not reloading the full magazine. With a maxed out reload speed you might even be able to reload single shells between targets if they're spread out.

Of course, the downside would be that DE would have to change the reload mechanics, and that reload speeds for shotguns would be per shell, so +Ammo also means longer reloads from an empty mag, but I think it would be worth it.

And as people mentioned before, it might be a better idea to create new shotguns with this different mechanic, rather than altering the existing shotguns to the new mechanic. Even though I'd prefer this setup on my Hek, it only seems fair to have to acquire a new version if I want it to reload differently.

Put it this way, on a totally new different shotgun I am all for this. But changing current mechanics on current shotguns is a no-no. 

New shotgun like this? You have my 100% support. It is like changing vulkar to bolt-action. Would force players already using it to change their playstyle. If a whole new weapon comes in, then people who want that mechanic can use it and those who don't, will not.

Did someone say shotgun sniping and range nerf? Wasn't that a change in mechanic? I think it's obvious that some shotguns do need a change in reload though. Hek and Strun ought to be a pump-action based reload system where Hek is like the M1 Garand in that all the ammo inside it is ejected during reload, or in this game's case it is stored back into the pool (look at that design, it gives that kind of feel to it).

Edited by matrixEXO

I've been wanting this for a long time. It needs to be a feature of a new shotgun, not shoehorned into the existing 3 shotguns. Since we're cyborg space ninjas the reload should be really fast, several shells (or whatever space shotguns use) per second. In my opinion it's just really satisfying to reload shell-by-shell, you feel the weight of each shot you fire, making it seem more significant.