Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Daikyu, And Why *i* Think It's Awesome

WonbadEthic

(blah blah this is my opinion blah blah not yours)

Firstly, this bow gets stronger the better you are with it. If you score a hit with one arrow, the NEXT arrow will deal greater damage. 

Secondly, this bow's puncture damage is SO GREAT, it pierces the very environment. (Suck it, Dread.) 

Thirdly, unlike it's younger cousin, Paris, and HIS brother P. Prime, the Daikyu is NOT meant to be a crit weapon, so DON'T make it one. It's put in this game for one purpose; To score triple-kills with one well-placed arrow. 

If you have any problem with the above, please mail your tears to the nearest "I don't care" slot.

Thirdly, unlike it's younger cousin, Paris, and HIS brother P. Prime, the Daikyu is NOT meant to be a crit weapon, so DON'T make it one. It's put in this game for one purpose; To score triple-kills with one well-placed arrow. 

P. Prime is like a mobile balista, forget a triple kill, an arrow will take anything in its path ;)

Got my Daikyu on the build, personally interested to see how it plays tbh :)

Firstly, since when? I was using it today and I saw no damage increase with each shot. Are you sure it wasn't from running and proccing corrosive or something, and not the bow's special super secret hidden mechanic that I don't know about? >.>

Secondly, you meant punchthrough*. Having puncture damage has nothing to do with the punchthrough. Dread's punchthrough can go through environment too. *Cough* Dread is still better *Cough*

Thirdly, yeah sure, it's meant to reward skill and all that. Thing is, paris prime shoots faster and still gets more damage per shot, and also has more flexibility. It is inferior to the other bows in literally every aspect but status, reload speed, and base damage (which means nothing because the other bows' red crits make up for that and then some).

Is the Daikyu your first bow?

Your second point is irrelevant to the Daikyu, since all bows have punch-through. As such, in reference to your third point, all bows have the ability to double, triple, quadruple, quintuple, etc kill if you line up your shots. The only limiting factor is how much damage you do per shot, which unfortunately leaves the Daikyu trailing behind even the Cernos by a large amount. 

This is the second time I've seen someone mention the Daikyu doing more damage per consecutive shot. I've not experienced it myself, but maybe it is a thing. I don't know.

Overall, it sounds like you think bows are awesome, since you're just listing properties (aside from the unconfirmed first point) of all bows.

(blah blah this is my opinion blah blah not yours)

Firstly, this bow gets stronger the better you are with it. If you score a hit with one arrow, the NEXT arrow will deal greater damage. 

Secondly, this bow's puncture damage is SO GREAT, it pierces the very environment. (Suck it, Dread.) 

If you have any problem with the above, please mail your tears to the nearest "I don't care" slot.

Having played with the Daikyu in several solo missions involving Grineer and Infested roughly double its level, I can say with absolute certainty that your first point is complete horse smack. Unless, of course, you consider roughly 1000 damage on the first shot and 800 damage on the second finisher to be an upgrade of numbers.

As for points two to three - paging every bow ever.

On a less facetious note: the Daikyu is fun, certainly, and it rewards good marksmanship, but it could stand to be improved.