Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Potatos, Formas And The Weapon

saintsspider

DE can you come with a better solution for

When you sell a weapon you lose its potatos (orokin catalyst/reactor) and formas along with the weapon/warframe, Can we the tennos get some kind of REBATE on that specially.

Solution:

1. You get your potato(or at least orokin catalyst/reactor bp) back whenever u sell a warframe or weapon that has it.

2. You get Half the formas back when u sell a warframe/weapon i.e if ure item has 2 formas on it you get one forma back, on 3 formas u still get 1, on 4 u get 2 back, on one forma you only get the forma bp back.

3. If non of the above pleases the DE then can we get 100k on selling anything that has either the forma or the potato in it, and the price goes up if it has both or more then one forma in it. (100k -500k)

I dont have issue to buy more weapon slot, i dont have a problem to buy more warframe slots, i can buy tons of forma and potatos from the market (80% of the time i had done the same) but i feel sad selling something when i have invested in that so much, it makes me sad like a sad owl. Please look into it and come up with something good.

I dont have issue to buy more weapon slot, i dont have a problem to buy more warframe slots, i can buy tons of forma and potatos from the market (80% of the time i had done the same) but i feel sad selling something when i have invested in that so much, it makes me sad like a sad owl. Please look into it and come up with something good.

Why sell it then? óÒ

I'd like to potentially have something along the lines of getting a orokin reactor/catalyst back from your equipment. Then you could actually try a weapon out in its full potential or at least halfly with a catalyst on it. 30 points extra for modding is huge and being afraid of it being a waste often make people not use them.

So maybe something we could buy/build that'd allow us to remove catalysts from weapons and reactors from warframes?

Edited by Rexian

Why sell it then? óÒ

The only case in which such a problem should arise is when you get the Prime version of a weapon/frame you really like, and you feel that the non-Prime has become obsolete.

However, meh. The game forces us to some choice, such as "where do i store my potatoes".

Reimbursement for investing in a weapon/companion/Warframe and then selling it at fixed price and wanting your invesment back.

The cost of building a pool for a home is not reflected in the re-sell price...kind of a lost investment.

Also, I imagine if they did it would oped the "flood gates" for the people who 'feel' their weapon was nerfed beyond repair and want reimbursement for what they invested.

Sadly, I think DE might be safer standing their ground as-is. (Shame, as I fully support reimbursement even if it was just partial mats for a Forma/Catalyst rather than some measly credits; we don't even get more credits for resell on a heavily invested weapon: no Bonus credits for Orokin Catalyst or Forma)

I don't know about catalyst and orikin reactors. Try them at ur own risk.

However I do like the idea for the formas.
It annoys me to see prices not going up after u buy a blueprint and try and sell it and its not even half price OR even 25% of what it originally cost.
However by just selling it I don't think it's fair since the player needs to be aware of what they are doing with their forma since it was a choice to being WITH.(aka u sort of learn responsibility on how to forma and when).
I've had the Tiberon, then I completely regreted that after the burston prime came out after the Syndicates came to be. 

How about we can get a Forma Wrench, takes way the forma(with it's polarity slot) and leaves it in your inventory. This will reset your weapon to rank 15 and will take off mods on it.

Well I'd certainly like the option to build a "Deforma".  Something you build in the foundry that allows you to depolarize a mod slot and reclaim the forma. Would do that on non-primed frames before selling them, several nerfed weapons and any new weapon with the troublesome "D" slot.

The thing is people are only using selective few weapons due to the fact the lots of ppl have tried it and have told them that after 4 forma and a potato it is really OP, i bet MOST weapons become OP after that but due to the RISK of losing ur potato and formas ppl are not experimenting with most weapons at hand. 

Example Has anyone ever tried BUZLOCK, its a freakishly OP sniper rifle but not many knows cuz no one is willing to invest THAT much that they potato and forma 3 times each weapon that they build. 

One can never test the full potential of a weapon unless he has POTATO and done 3-4 formas on a weapon. Even i had sometimes become afraid and didnt risk as i thought what if this weapon is still crap once i potato and forma it. 

DE please look into it, you need to give us more freedom to EXPERIMENT, there are so many weapons and for that we need you to come up with a better and more friendly solution. 

Edited by saintsspider

Reimbursement for investing in a weapon/companion/Warframe and then selling it at fixed price and wanting your invesment back.

The cost of building a pool for a home is not reflected in the re-sell price...kind of a lost investment.

Also, I imagine if they did it would oped the "flood gates" for the people who 'feel' their weapon was nerfed beyond repair and want reimbursement for what they invested.

Sadly, I think DE might be safer standing their ground as-is. (Shame, as I fully support reimbursement even if it was just partial mats for a Forma/Catalyst rather than some measly credits; we don't even get more credits for resell on a heavily invested weapon: no Bonus credits for Orokin Catalyst or Forma)

Dude i have been in Real Estate business and trust me when u build a pool your price of the estate goes UP. 

Dude i have been in Real Estate business and trust me when u build a pool your price of the estate goes UP.

I didn't believe I said the value did not go up.

I said the cost of building the pool was not reflected in re-sell price.

If your experience in Real-estate showed that the full cost of having a pool built or more than that coat was added to the value of a home when it was appraised after the pool was added/then we experienced very different appraisals.

I have seen where a pool has not added any value and I have seen where a 50% of the swimming pool's cost was added as value to a home, but I have never seen 100% of the pool cost added to the value of a home or above 100% of the pool's cost.

In my experience, a $300,000 home having a pool built for $45,000 does not get a new value of $345,000....not here in Arizona. (That would be the value reflecting the cost of the pool any value less than that does not cover the cost of building the pool. Lost investment.... Or like a boat cost of enjoyment rather than an investment.)

In my post you quoted: I did say I would be okay with partial material reimbursement.

Being reimburse the rare resources when Potato and Forma(s) were installed on sold weapon.

I didn't believe I said the value did not go up.

I said the cost of building the pool was not reflected in re-sell price.

If your experience in Real-estate showed that the full cost of having a pool built or more than that coat was added to the value of a home when it was appraised after the pool was added/then we experienced very different appraisals.

I have seen where a pool has not added any value and I have seen where a 50% of the swimming pool's cost was added as value to a home, but I have never seen 100% of the pool cost added to the value of a home or above 100% of the pool's cost.

In my experience, a $300,000 home having a pool built for $45,000 does not get a new value of $345,000....not here in Arizona. (That would be the value reflecting the cost of the pool any value less than that does not cover the cost of building the pool. Lost investment.... Or like a boat cost of enjoyment rather than an investment.)

In my post you quoted: I did say I would be okay with partial material reimbursement.

Being reimburse the rare resources when Potato and Forma(s) were installed on sold weapon.

I might have misunderstood ur statement before.I thought u said adding a pool dont increase any resale value of the house. 

And yes my point being the same , that they need to reimburse us with what we have invested in the frame at least 50-60%

This came up when I was a new player over a year ago.  Even as a "n00b" tenno, I thought it was a bad idea.  Now, at mastery 18... it is still... not a good idea.

DE makes, I bet, a tidy sum of money from platinum purchases of Catalysts/Reactors, but not forma.

However, even if not, the whole point of the items is deciding if the thing really is worth the supercharge, and worth the effort to re-level.  If you could extract catalysts, reactors, and forma, then you would only ever need one of each, well, maybe a few forma.

If you could pull them out, then they would be pointless.  Might as well just make all weapons get 2 mod points per affinity level.

Oh, and the market-plat purchases for weapons would never occur.