Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Feedback

Lyraius

I just tried to reproduce it again, and well, strange things certainly happen with this ability. o.O

Note how this guy is at full health here:

p70_1.jpg

This isn't a headshot, but...

p70_2.jpg

That reminds me, I still owe you guys a report on Nyx' Psychic Bolts. Oh well, probably tomorrow.

I've suggested this before but I'll say it again here:

Electric effect does nothing on players.   DE can start adding effect to it such as disable you from rolling and sliding. Then you can decrease the damage (and gain a CC)

Edit: adding this pretty much also mean that in PvE it is a bit tougher.

Edited by Hueminator

I have to agree with OP now, fix Volt please.

I've been playing as and against him a bit more, and he always or almost always deals 2x80 damage against single targets.

However, when that happens it costs 50 energy i.e.  twice the normal cost.It is as if a double activation happens simultaneously

Edited by Yannik1

However, when that happens it costs 50 energy i.e.  twice the normal cost.It is as if a double activation happens simultaneously

No, that's not it. I've collected some footage now. It looks like it's because they enabled elemental procs? Can't say how it was before, I haven't played Volt until the 18. except very briefly when Conclave 2.0 came out.

I'll just leave these here (if you want I can upload them as clips, too):

Volt Prime:

p71_02.jpg

That hurts you more than it does me!

p71_03.jpg

The barely visible 79 shield damage is a Lex Prime body shot. That guy died almost instantly that way.

p71_08.jpg

You get the idea...

p71_05.jpg

Even better when you manage to chain it.

p71_09.jpg

And it's ecological: No proc damage wasted on dead targets. We don't want to produce more ozone than necessary.

Volt:

p71_15.jpg

Just so you know it's not only the Prime who does that.

p71_19.jpg

Volt wins, barely breaking a sweat.

..and some strange S#&$ happened as well:

p71_10.jpg

Only 52 damage this time instead of 80, but the proc is there.

p71_17.jpg

No Proc? You mean, I actually have to shoot this guy?!

p71_06.jpg

Started it during Excalibur's Radial Javelin, and it went off even after I died. What did Obiwan say again? "If you strike me down..."

And here I tried using it again while the other guy starts his Slash Dash:

p71_18a.jpg

It was a dud. =(

p71_18b.jpg

This doesn't look favourable. Some help would be appreciated, team. (Wait for it..)

p71_18c.jpg

I got rekt. (Waaiit for it...)

p71_18d.jpg

Boom! There it is!

Edited by Kontrollo

No, that's not it. I've collected some footage now. It looks like it's because they enabled elemental procs? Can't say how it was before, I haven't played Volt until the 18. except very briefly when Conclave 2.0 came out.

I'll just leave these here (if you want I can upload them as clips, too):

Volt Prime:

p71_02.jpg

That hurts you more than it does me!

p71_03.jpg

The barely visible 79 shield damage is a Lex Prime body shot. That guy died almost instantly that way.

p71_08.jpg

You get the idea...

p71_05.jpg

Even better when you manage to chain it.

p71_09.jpg

And it's ecological: No proc damage wasted on dead targets. We don't want to produce more ozone than necessary.

Volt:

p71_15.jpg

Just so you know it's not only the Prime who does that.

p71_19.jpg

Volt wins, barely breaking a sweat.

..and some strange S#&$ happened as well:

p71_10.jpg

Only 52 damage this time instead of 80, but the proc is there.

p71_17.jpg

No Proc? You mean, I actually have to shoot this guy?!

p71_06.jpg

Started it during Excalibur's Radial Javelin, and it went off even after I died. What did Obiwan say again? "If you strike me down..."

And here I tried using it again while the other guy starts his Slash Dash:

p71_18a.jpg

It was a dud. =(

p71_18b.jpg

This doesn't look favourable. Some help would be appreciated, team. (Wait for it..)

p71_18c.jpg

I got rekt. (Waaiit for it...)

p71_18d.jpg

Boom! There it is!

Whenever it happened to me as Volt P the cost was indeed 50 for one (double) cast .However I havent played as Volt since 2-3 hotfixes ago so

I dont know if anything changed now.

Shock is fine as it is. The damage output is offset by the fact that you have to aim at a enemy Tenno to actually hit with it. It used to be much worse because it had auto aim but theres also other frame abilities like Rhino Charge which are much worse than shock.

Shock is fine as it is. The damage output is offset by the fact that you have to aim at a enemy Tenno to actually hit with it. It used to be much worse because it had auto aim but theres also other frame abilities like Rhino Charge which are much worse than shock.

Shock was fine when it was 80 damage because it has the ability to chain. Shock still helps you a bit when you're aiming and has a really high range. It's true, Rhino Charge deals more. But it has travel time and requires pinpoint accuracy.

Volt's skills are all very useful, and he has one of the best ultimates of all Warframes so far. He doesn't need a Shock that kills almost everyone with 2 casts.

You don't want to see the match results I just got with him when I did these tests.

Edited by Kontrollo