Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Feedback

Lyraius

DE, Balance these things.

The kogake knockdown is simply annoying as its very easy to slide attack everywhere.

The volt's overload is probably the best 4th power ingame, so please take a good look at that.

SideNote: I also want to choose teams instead of random teams, its kinda annoying. 

I've seen many posts about kogake, so I'm guessing I am not the only one who feels this way.

The Kogake thing is infuriating, and the ONLY reason it isn't hated more than it is already is because of Handspring.

As for Volt's ultimate, I would argue that it is in a reasonably good place, with a slow expansion and a clear warning. If balance is needed, I would suggest making it, instead of dealing one massive hit, make it persist at maximum range for a brief while longer and tweak the damage mechanics:

2 ticks per second.

If shielded the target instantly loses all shields and is staggered briefly.

If unshielded, 45hp of damage (remember that armour applies) is dealt.

(45hp pre-armour is three ticks to drain all health on a light frame, and four or five ticks for a heavy. The brief stagger from the shield-pulse would guarantee one tick of up damage.)

This would make it less punishing to players who see it and get backed into a corner, would give people an opportunity to run If they step in by mistake, but would still have the potential to hit very hard and significantly weaken anyone caught enough that they probably will die, but only if the Volt makes the effort to finish them off.

Edited by Kthal

I agree on the kogake, but volt's ult... just jump and you're safe.

Try to avoid frost's ultimate or mag pull and you'll see how more difficult it is.

(even if i agree on the fact the casting time of volt's 4th is... a bit unfair)

Just jump and you're safe? Dude, Its a big sphere, jumping doesn't do any good, and its even annoying when you can't tell if you teammate does it or your enemy.

Just jump and you're safe? Dude, Its a big sphere, jumping doesn't do any good, and its even annoying when you can't tell if you teammate does it or your enemy.

Hm... i don't know, i remember avoiding it just by jumping and avoiding the lightning on the ground.

I might be wrong but i remember doing this several time and it worked just fine.

Edited by Trichouette

Hm... i don't know, i remember avoiding it just by jumping and avoiding the lightning on the ground.

I might be wrong but i remember doing this several time and it worked just fine.

Lag maybe? I'm pretty sure even if you don't touch the ground, that thing can kill you if you seem to be inside the sphere.

Okay okay, stop whining, first off, its balanced, for 2 reasons, one, you can be killed during the animation, so it could just be 100 energy wasted, and two, what do you expect from a 4th ability, its meant to be a Uber, You want volts Ult to 2 shot kill you, meaning you need 2 casts.. well certainly isn't fair, and lastly you can see the shockwave coming towards you, so just get out the way, you can easily run away from it... now, why not use tactics, aka take volt at long ranges, don't let him get close, or maybe, actually shoot him before the animation is over, or actually try to run away from it. the thing is Rhinos charge can one shot kill you to, except that a 1st ability. and just to remind you again its an Uber, therefore, its meant to be good at killing, with a few flaws, which it has so plz stop asking for a nerf, on a perfectly balanced ability, let alone frame.

okay as far as the kogake go, I completely agree, maybe make it a "smaller" stun.

Okay okay, stop whining, first off, its balanced, for 2 reasons, one, you can be killed during the animation, so it could just be 100 energy wasted, and two, what do you expect from a 4th ability, its meant to be a Uber, You want volts Ult to 2 shot kill you, meaning you need 2 casts.. well certainly isn't fair, and lastly you can see the shockwave coming towards you, so just get out the way, you can easily run away from it... now, why not use tactics, aka take volt at long ranges, don't let him get close, or maybe, actually shoot him before the animation is over, or actually try to run away from it. the thing is Rhinos charge can one shot kill you to, except that a 1st ability. and just to remind you again its an Uber, therefore, its meant to be good at killing, with a few flaws, which it has so plz stop asking for a nerf, on a perfectly balanced ability, let alone frame.

okay as far as the kogake go, I completely agree, maybe make it a "smaller" stun.

Do you realise volt's ultimate has a super fast cast ? and how do you run from someone sliding + jumping + air melee just right to your cephalon and suddenly pressing 4 ?

You can't because either you don't see him incoming either it's way too fast to be avoided.

Do you realise volt's ultimate has a super fast cast ? and how do you run from someone sliding + jumping + air melee just right to your cephalon and suddenly pressing 4 ?

You can't because either you don't see him incoming either it's way too fast to be avoided.

May i ask you... How much energy does it require... 100? right? it means he has to go to 4 nodes that have energy assuming others haven't taken them. so really its more your fault for not controlling the nodes ;) because going back and fourth from cephalon you cannot gain 100 energy, as the respawn time between energy is still quite some time ;)

TL;DR Control the energy spawns aka Tactics ;)

Edited by Nemesis-Infinity

May i ask you... How much energy does it require... 100? right? it means he has to go to 4 nodes that have energy assuming others haven't taken them. so really its more your fault for not controlling the nodes ;) because going back and fourth from cephalon you cannot gain 100 energy, as the respawn time between energy is still quite some time ;)

You know that some nodes give 50 energy...? and how are you supposed to control nodes + defend cephalon + attack enemy's cephalon ?

Are you playing 8vs8 pvp i'm not aware the existance of or...?

Edited by Trichouette

You know that some nodes give 50 energy...? and how are you supposed to control nodes + defend cephalon + attack enemy's cephalon ?

Are you playing 8vs8 pvp i'm not aware the existance of or...?

TEAM tactics (1 defend) (1 attack) (1 control nodes) (then one other to add, to whichever is the weakest at your current state, or we use him as a well leader, he tells us what to do, if players need to switch postilions ;)) are the answer to your question ;) and 50 energy on a node comes when a team reaches 4 points, so i understand that may be OP, but that's not volt fault that's the Spawn fault, ;)

TL;DR your argument is more complaining at the spawn of energy, rather than volts ult ;)

Edited by Nemesis-Infinity

Honestly I don't agree with both of your "balance suggestions".

Don't get me wrong, both Volt and Kogake have killed me hundreds of times by now and many of those times I was close to throw the monitor out of the airlock window.

But still, Handsprings solves much of the Kogake issue, coupled with a good primary I'm always up before the opponent can charge me a second time and if I'm good enough he's dead in a second; sure, many times I'm not and I'm the one on the ground, but it's part of the game.

You could tell me that if a mode is balanced, it shouldn't depend on one single mod and I agree, but still to me it's ok to have a specific weapon dealing damage in a specific way that must be nullified with a specific countermove. Again, it's part of the game and I say this as a non-kogake user.

Now, Volt's ulti: it deals a huge amount of damage, as the other ulti, nothing more; the point is that it can bypass walls, it has a fast animation and there's nothing you can do if you're in its starting range, which is decent.

BUT:

- Not considering the starting range, its spreading it's damn slow; enough, not enough, there are different points of view, but you DO have the chance to run away if you're not that close

- It doesn't always work for different levels, it's deadly on a flat range, but not always(read carefully, not saying never)if targets are on a upper or lower level

- It requires the max energy you can carry; it may seems a weak point, but is not. A Volt role is to run all over the map to collect those 100 energy and in the meanwhile you have to avoid enemies fire, falling over the map and wasting that energy to use a Shock if you're attacked at close range. When both teams are full, it CAN require a while to collect the energy required and then you have only one chance, if you fail you have to start over again(Volt Prime 200 energy was the only really broken side of Overload, which has thanks DE been fixed immediately)and before 4 points are captured is not that easy to find 4 free energy pools in one quick map lap.

- Positioning is key: many players do think that when Overload is killing you, the Volt that casted it has done nothing but pressing 4 randomly; wrong! Terribly wrong! I'm a Volt player and I'm still learning how to best positioning me in order for my Overload to actually kill. Too many times I'm still giving the enemies a chance to move or I press 4 without forecasting well where my opponents are about to move.

So, believe it or not, Overload requires skills, paradoxically more than Radial Javelin that is immediate and only need Excalibur to have seen you(and to me, that's fine as well).

So, in conclusion, I'm fine with both things, even if they sometime make me feel frustrated; both have pros and cons, I understand your point and why you're upset, but in my opinion(and my opinion only)things are good as they are now! :)

- Positioning is key: many players do think that when Overload is killing you, the Volt that casted it has done nothing but pressing 4 randomly; wrong! Terribly wrong! I'm a Volt player and I'm still learning how to best positioning me in order for my Overload to actually kill. 

well, dont you agree in "positioning in warframe = copter 1 or 2 times "?, its my opinion, but if you wait like 10 seconds you always find 2 or 3 guys engaging in a close range exchange, and killing people with volt`s 4 is just about standing in the middle of the room where they have their attention, i played volt in pvp only once, and it required so much skill that every time i pressed 4 inside of their spawn i killed somebody if not more than one, using it is terribly easy unless you see it as unworthy for 1 or 2 kills and you expect it to kill 3 or 4 guys, and saying that this "positioning" or "100 energy" makes it fair is like ignoring the fact that every ultimate requires this "positioning" and "100 energy", all of them with more risk and chances to fail than volt´s, any one has mentioned mag´s ult? if you dare to cast it with any enemy in LOS you are dead for nothing, that thing requires positioning and team work, and i dont see a radial jav killing dominating pvp since like 4 days, it apparently gave a step aside for volt`s supremacy already, frost´s is underused only because volt does better and chroma´s is like a cosmetic, and where did rhino`s ultimate go, i haven seen one for so long that i dont remember what it looks like

try doing something with chroma´s ult btw, theres not enough positioning or timing to make it get a kill on a non afk player, i have placed it right in front of a fighting zone, at the gates of their spawn, in tight and wide rooms, in the middle of crowded areas, i have feed it with energy in order to last twice and even thrice under all of those environments, and it only seems to kill afk players, i have played chroma only for like 3 days already, i think i have used its ult like 30 times, and killed 2 people, that is hilarious, to me, volt and chroma´s are the most broken ults, one is too easy, the other is not working unless its giving some passive bonuses that im not aware of

Edited by rockscl

well, dont you agree in "positioning in warframe = copter 1 or 2 times "?, its my opinion, but if you wait like 10 seconds you always find 2 or 3 guys engaging in a close range exchange, and killing people with volt`s 4 is just about standing in the middle of the room where they have their attention, i played volt in pvp only once, and it required so much skill that every time i pressed 4 inside of their spawn i killed somebody if not more than one, using it is terribly easy unless you see it as unworthy for 1 or 2 kills and you expect it to kill 3 or 4 guys, and saying that this "positioning" or "100 energy" makes it fair is like ignoring the fact that every ultimate requires this "positioning" and "100 energy", all of them with more risk and chances to fail than volt´s, any one has mentioned mag´s ult? if you dare to cast it with any enemy in LOS you are dead for nothing, that thing requires positioning and team work, and i dont see a radial jav killing dominating pvp since like 4 days, it apparently gave a step aside for volt`s supremacy already, frost´s is underused only because volt does better and chroma´s is like a cosmetic, and where did rhino`s ultimate go, i haven seen one for so long that i dont remember what it looks like

try doing something with chroma´s ult btw, theres not enough positioning or timing to make it get a kill on a non afk player, i have placed it right in front of a fighting zone, at the gates of their spawn, in tight and wide rooms, in the middle of crowded areas, i have feed it with energy in order to last twice and even thrice under all of those environments, and it only seems to kill afk players, i have played chroma only for like 3 days already, i think i have used its ult like 30 times, and killed 2 people, that is hilarious, to me, volt and chroma´s are the most broken ults, one is too easy, the other is not working unless its giving some passive bonuses that im not aware of

Well, I'm not that good at coptering honestly, I started to learn how to just now in Conclave 2.0 after 2 years of Warframe; not that I ever bothered about learning...

So to me positioning is everything but coptering and while I do agree that the Void map has a higher chance of unintentional kills while using Volt's ulti, I do also think that the other maps are not that easy to cover without giving a chance to escape.

And also, even if I can expect to hit something with a casual Overload because of the tiny map, this would also mean that there's a higher chance that an opponent is around the corner and will shoot at me before I complete the animation.

I mean, again, if you ask me it's all balanced. Volt has a better ulti than Rhino or Excalibur(RJ still seems very strong to me, as you CANNOT run away), but IE Shock requires more aiming than Slash Dash or Charge; it has a larger range? Sure, but also less damage.

You see? If there's something unbalanced, is really barely noticeable, not even close to the OP or broken status. Always IMHO.

But I do agree on Chroma. The plan is to put every frame in, we can expect that as for PvE, not all the frames shine because of their ulti and this cannot change in PvP; Chroma is not made for being an ulti spammer, but on the other side it's the only one that can resist to an opponent ulti attack if his powers are used properly.

He's been put in just because he was new and the rework was minor compared to older frames..

Lol no.

you can get 100 energy within 2 nodes, 2 energy orbs spawn on top of each other, and its not hard getting energy. 

"Team tactics"  You are put into a random team, no one cares about a leader, and no one really types during the game. People just try capture or kill enemies. If they made us choose teams, I can agree about Team tactics.

EDIT: Volt's 4th is strong, It can be casted pretty easily, The range is kinda big, if you are on one corner, you are basically screwed as you can't copter over it, you can't escape. As for radial javelin, If you are behind a wall, it cannot kill you, if you are slighty far away, it cannot kill you and the casting time is kinda long. 

Edited by applaudedlemon3

Simple issue, simple solution:

If you don't see the caster, you don't know if that approaching circle of energy is going to kill you or not, causing undue hesitation until you learn your teammate or enemy Volt's energy color.

In the case that both friendly and enemy Volt's have the same energy color.... Good luck with that.

Solution: remove energy color customization from Volt's 4 ability. Make it so that it always appears RED if it's an enemy Volt or BLUE if it's a friendly Volt.

PS. This suggestion only applies to PvP. Volt's 4 should be any color you want it to be in PvE

Edited by Pythadragon

did you see the last devstream? he said they are working on making his alt more visibly even with black energy. Trek yo self b 4 you rekt yo self.

It's not the problem with black energy. It's that I can't tell friend or foe using Overload. Now I just ran away from ANY shockwave, even friendly shockwave. Don't want to risk it.

If you're good a rushing non endless PvE missions like capture or sabotage, chances are you can dodge 70% of the bullets shot at you. 

I've only recently gotten the first rank in conclaves and occasionally I have had the fewest or have tied for fewest deaths in Capture the Cephalon.

Not by any means saying I'm a good player, but I'm just some PvE skills do transfer to PvP in terms of dodging bullets.

The same applies really to overload. 

Unless you're REALLY cornered, it has a relatively slow activation time, more then enough for fancy slide jumps or wall catapults to dodge. 

If you're really good, you can nail them while they're still casting; it has a long casting time. Shorter then I imagined for a one hit kill, but regardless takes a while to actually do things.

Overload needs some SERIOUS balancing in PVP. its a 1hit kill atm... and thats just STUPID

I know right? Like if it was an ulti for 100 energy! :)

/offtopic

Btw, on topic, it's  a very good suggestion, I ended up more than once forcing myself into a russian roulette by entering the electric field to test if it was friendly or not.

Blue and yellow as flags colors shoudl work or anything like that.

Edited by siralextraffo