Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Everything Exists, Even The Fiction

(PSN)zeratul____12

I don't know what theory of the universe you're operating under, I'm personally agnostic and don't give much weight to religious or scientific explanations (religion is hearsay, and I'm not a physicist, and as such not in a position to judge the scientific community).

That said, the big bang theory/thermodynamics is a popular one, and as I understand it, the universe is expanding under that, but not infinite (and it will eventually collapse in on itself as entropy increases). Take this with a grain of salt, its been a while since I put time into this.

Somewhere in the Universe, you can see Saryn and Hydroid playing around in the pool.

Hydroid is hentai frame. He would feel uncomfortable with dominant woman like Saryn. No, give him Nova to play with!

Yes, you can call FBI now.

Well, when you have grammar like that there's nothing else to say

There should be a comma between "that" and "there's". There's a basic Internet rule: never correct a grammar mistake because you likely commited a mistake yourself. And it just makes you look like bumhole.

Anyway, let's return to your theory. I've thought about the same thing for a long time. The only possible explanation I could think of is that a universe that could fit the plot of *insert video game here* could be one of the possibilities within the string theory landscape. The idea of the landscape is that our universe is one of many different possibilities for the physical constants we have for the laws of physics in said universe. There could be another where some group of constants could be off by specific amounts, thus causing the conditions that would allow a universe in which *insert video game here* could happen. One of the problems with this idea is that it goes against Occam's razor, which is the principle that you should go with the simplest theory that works. This theory assumes that there are billions or more (10^100, to be exact) possible universes that we may not even be able to access or observe. It would make more sense for us to stick to a theory that predicts things that we can actually see. If we choose to ignore that, we also run into the issue that there's no guarantee that there is any combination that would allow for the events in *insert video game here* to occur.

Moving on, I see you, Zeratul, and another fellow Tenno have stumbled upon a very interesting debate about how much we actually know. You've stumbled one of science's biggest problems, its reliace on induction. Induction is a form of logic, and a very good one. However, logic is never completely correct (shocking, I know) and the same goes for induction. The problem of induction involves our use of induction to create generalizations that may not be true. We see specific occurences and assume that that these occurences are the result of a universal rule, or we see rules that don't change and assume that they never will. It's entirely possible for gravity to stop working tomorrow, there's no reason not to accept that. One could say that we have evidence that gravity has been constant for the entirety of the universe's lifetime, so it can't just change. But that assertion assumes that the past has some magical connection to the future, when it really doesn't. So, due to this problem, science cannot be assume to just be true every single time. You have a point in saying that we do not know everything since we don't have access to every single instance to investigate a theory, nor do we have access to all points in time to see if the theory ever changes.

However, this doesn't mean that science is useless, nor does it mean that you can even use this fact to refute a scientific theory. That's because if you do, you've missed the point of science. Science is not about knowing everything. It never was. It's about finding little pieces of knowledge that we can use. Science is practical above all else. Refuting a theory just because it may not work every single time for the rest of eternity isn't really practical, because a theory can still work now. If we find an instance where the thoery doesn't work, we change it, thus making it useful for us to use (because a theory that doesn't work is a waste of our time).

So maybe we haven't seen the entire universe. And? The theories we have still work, don't they? We have no reason to suspect otherwise (for now, at least). You could be right: Tyl Regor could be making his tubemen in a Neptune far, far, far, far away. But we have no reason to suspect that right now. Sorry.

By the way, you should look into the philosophy of science. Fun stuff...

Oh ooooh, the multiverse theory...

I don't believe that any other universe would be based on something coming from a human mind, a fiction like Warframe or Super Mario or even Star wars....

These are not coherent enough. How can you believe in an universe with space tin-suits who travel long distances thanks to a bug that became a feature? :p

What I think is that there'd be universes with alternate outcomes to little & great events happening "here". Maybe WE are an alternate universe of a "reference" universe...

Maybe there's a universe where the Mars got life & atmosphere while Earth is a sad & empty rock...

Maybe there's an universe where humanity destroyed itself already....

I'd sum it up with the idea of other universes with alternate timelines.

Although, our idea of fictions being windows on other universes is really interesting!

I'm trying to make a franchise based on living beings imagination & this is inspiring) ;)

Oh ooooh, the multiverse theory...

I don't believe that any other universe would be based on something coming from a human mind, a fiction like Warframe or Super Mario or even Star wars....

These are not coherent enough. How can you believe in an universe with space tin-suits who travel long distances thanks to a bug that became a feature? :p

What I think is that there'd be universes with alternate outcomes to little & great events happening "here". Maybe WE are an alternate universe of a "reference" universe...

Maybe there's a universe where the Mars got life & atmosphere while Earth is a sad & empty rock...

Maybe there's an universe where humanity destroyed itself already....

I'd sum it up with the idea of other universes with alternate timelines.

Although, our idea of fictions being windows on other universes is really interesting!

I'm trying to make a franchise based on living beings imagination & this is inspiring) ;)

Glad I could help

Here's the thing, we only know how things work in our galaxy, solar system, galaxy etc. we claim to know everything when we know nothing about the rest of the universe, never claim what is impossible, because it never truely is.

I'm beginning to doubt your claim about not being on drugs. 

Edited by Plasmaface