Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Player/warframe Armor Is Kind Of Useless.

Mizar5129

I noticed today that there is no noticeable difference between a frame with 15 armor and a frame with 1,020. The damage you take is the same, theres no resistances or effects i can see.

Yet enemy armor can scale to the point they take barely any damage from anything short of a Death Star laser.  And even then, they'd probably survive with more than half their health left.

Our armor should function just like the enemy armor. (minus the insane scaling that also needs work.) In that it actually resists more than 0.5% of a bullet's damage.

I noticed today that there is no noticeable difference between a frame with 15 armor and a frame with 1,020. The damage you take is the same, theres no resistances or effects i can see.

Im sorry but you must be blind then. Check again, there is a massive difference.

E.g. A Valkyr with 1200 armour has an 80% damage reduction. A frame with 15 armour has a 4% damage reduction.

Edited by DeMonkey

There's a pretty big difference, but it depends on what enemies you're fighting. I agree though, it should be more noticeable. When I'm using Chroma, with Vex Armor's Scorn buff maxed out I take damage to my health rather slowly, but without it I get ripped apart.

+1

To Op:

If dealing with Infested toxic... Armor makes a huge difference

If talking about Slash Bleed procs and going against Corpus (beware of Detron Crewman) then yes Armor ratings on Warframes may seem irrelevant.

Bleed procs do ignore Armor and the best defense against Bleed is Rapid Resilience, at the moment.

But some players also feel anything below 99% Damage reduction feels useless.

Trinity can be a good example of testing damage reduction as she has a horrible 15 armor and feels very squishy.

-Just using Max Link and she gains 75% Damage reduction which is close to a Steel Fiber Valkyr at 80-ish% damage mitigation

When comparing Trinity with Link to a Trinity with no powers active....the difference in survivability is apparent.

Same with taking an equal health(non-Prime Nyx (15 armor)and Valkyr(600 armor) and tanking enemy fire)

I have to strongly disagree, pretty much maining the valkyr.

Armor doesn't only affect the health but also your energy when using quick thinking. Quick thinking also reduces the incomming damage for additional 50%. Playing her on Quick thinking actually works since her melee combos AND her abilitys offer CC immunity, what also applies to quick thinking. This feat is only shared by a few frames, named valkyr (animation immunity), Volt(Prime) (no animation at all on speed), ash and loki (diving into stealth) and Trinity (link).(sry if i forgot a frame)

The ideal mod setup for a heavy armored frame is vitality, steel fiber, rage, quick thinking and (prime) flow +life strike. This setup doesn't only ward you to some extend but it also heals you on incomming and outgoing damage.

This setup works regardless of the enemy lvl if using a melee weapon. But it only works if you have the base armor to support it.

What you experienced is not cause of the armor rating but rather because of her low base-health, mainly meant to be used as energy-replentish with rage.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Val, Oberon, Saryn, Chroma.

Am I missing anyone?

I've mained saryn since she came out and I can guarantee you that armor makes a tonne of difference.

My whole build with her relies on armor because I use rage to offset extra energy consumption from blind rage.

Rejuvination and (recently) regeneration molt keep my health up. Apart from that my build relies on taking dmg, especially my melee specific build.

Armor definitely works.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I run vitality, vigor and steel fiber on my Oberon with no redirection and I don't even notice the lack of shields because his health pool is so resilient.

The 900-ish health I have on my ash feels like nothing compared to the 900-ish I have on frost with steel fiber.