Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Balance

Lord_Noctus

Not sure, don't use all that many but I found the Strun Wraith to just wreck people at close range and even catch off a few runners at mid range. Other than that I really enjoy my Lex Prime ^^

I mean it is a shotgun, itd be bad if it didn't wreck people at close range

Last time I checked the chat in PvP, Daikyu and Strun Wraith are pretty hated right now.

Strun Wraith is a slight problem right now, but only needs a slight nerf to its spare ammo. As for the Daikyu, I have no idea why people hate it. I personally don't use it, but I've never thought "Oh that noob, using a Daikyu," when it is used on me.

Last time I checked the chat in PvP, Daikyu and Strun Wraith are pretty hated right now.

most ppl just dont know how to deal with a strun wraith user its not rly OP i did alot testing there (tight spread makes it good on midrange but will deal less dmg than other shotguns at close range and also gets outdpsed in long range by all weapons which are not shotgun). its basically a midrange weapon and most ppl do the mistake and allways keep fights in the effective range of strun wraith.

daikyu is only strong in the right hands but its easy to dodge... very very easy to dodge. i usually see ppl just spraying their clip aimed on opponent without cover or anything and without any movement standing still like a statue in the open. these are the ppl getting hit by the arrows of daikyu. just by using daikyu u have also a movement disadvantage that makes u a easy target for boltors and bratons.

I think the weapons are fairly balanced.  I just did a bunch of sessions primarily going melee with Gram, Furax, and a couple others, and I'd have to say even melee is fairly balanced.  You've just gotta be sure to be in close range and block when you need to block.  However, I think the two tonfa types could use a bit longer range.

There was one guy calling me a n00b for using the daikyu...  *shrug*

I think the weapons are fairly balanced.  I just did a bunch of sessions primarily going melee with Gram, Furax, and a couple others, and I'd have to say even melee is fairly balanced.  You've just gotta be sure to be in close range and block when you need to block.  However, I think the two tonfa types could use a bit longer range.

There was one guy calling me a n00b for using the daikyu...  *shrug*

yeh i was suprised when i tried as example grakata the dmg is a bit misleading becouse the speed makes headshots more likely.

depends on the tonfa becouse the boltace is very dmging and the short range of it is deserved by that fact but the kronen i didnt test yet so i trust ur opinion on kronen.

i got today called noob becouse i didnt use a bow on that specific public match -.-

Edited by Lord_Noctus

I'm surprised that Mk1 Braton is still under the radar. That thing has insane stats, yet I rarely ever see it. Probably it's because of "Mk1=bad" stigma.

thats not the reason its just as example boltor do as good becouse its puncture dmg can kill valkyrs easier and other armored frames but for caster frames the mk1 is very usefull.

Edited by Lord_Noctus

thats not the reason its just as example boltor do as good becouse its puncture dmg can kill valkyrs easier and other armored frames but for caster frames the mk1 is very usefull.

Yeah, that's right. I just tested the MK1-Braton today to determine its stats (it has IPS around 10.1/9.6/19.3). It deals 16 damage against Valkyr's health compared to the Boltor Prime's 17 and has a lower fire rate. However, it is much better against shields (42 vs. 22) and hit-scan on top.

Yeah sure, mk1-braton is useful : 39*7.5=293dps whith 40% accuracy while plain braton does 29*8.8=255dps with 28% accuracy, or grakata 14*20=280dps with 28% accuracy.

I too woud say that's useful, but balanced it is not.

i think weapons are in a state where they dont feel overpowered in general compared to what we had in the previous months, there still underpowered weapons to attend, but match unbalance seems more heavy than weapon unbalance today, i hope we receive some words on DE`s plans for matchmaking, i suspect they have been doing something without saying it btw, i see "carrys" in both teams almost all the time, or people just has gotten better

Edited by rockscl

Yeah sure, mk1-braton is useful : 39*7.5=293dps whith 40% accuracy while plain braton does 29*8.8=255dps with 28% accuracy, or grakata 14*20=280dps with 28% accuracy.

I too woud say that's useful, but balanced it is not.

grakata is headshot skill weapon u shouldnt look at the usual dmg number on that one the high firerate allows u to land fast and easy headshots.