Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo, Phorid And You

StealthDragoon

You're generalizing all the Limbo players as the usual noob/troll who doesn't know what he's doing, a bad Limbo is as bad as either a bad Nova or a bad Frost.

What I don't understand now is all of this hate, Limbo's banish is way much less annoying than Vauban's bounce, you can even just roll to get out of it, but still you never see anyone call a Vauban an a-hole.

Cause people don't generally spam his bounce unless they're trying to be trollsy? Also they're not self righteous about abusing a skill that like I said needs communication?

Cause people don't generally spam his bounce unless they're trying to be trollsy? Also they're not self righteous about abusing a skill that like I said needs communication?

Are you implying that MP, speed, switch teleport, tornado, undertow or chaos don't need communication?

Also:

You're generalizing all the Limbo players as the usual noob/troll who doesn't know what he's doing

You're generalizing all the Limbo players as the usual noob/troll who doesn't know what he's doing

>plays limbo like a noob/troll

>shocked people are accusing him of being a noob/troll

Are you implying that MP, speed, switch teleport, tornado, undertow or chaos don't need communication?

Switch Teleport is rarely used on players, other than for trolling. Other skill, no, do not require communications. 

Limbo is not a noob frame so noobs shouldn't use him, he takes smarts to use effectively. So they should stick to there rhinoobs and Loki prime master trash xD

Loki a noob frame? Now you must be joking.

Limbo is not a noob frame so noobs shouldn't use him, he takes smarts to use effectively. So they should stick to there rhinoobs and Loki prime master trash xD

That's why noobs don't know how it works and therefore noobs call everyone else a-holes cuz reasons! :D

Oh man we unveiled the secrets of this thread!

I say that because Loki is so advertised as a good frame or good for anything in the game from spy to def, noobs use him a lot more now. Thus we have a lot of useless noob Loki's running around

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

I say that because Loki is so advertised as a good frame or good for anything in the game from spy to def, noobs use him a lot more now. Thus we have a lot of useless noob Loki's running around

Fair enough, he IS good for nearly any occasion, but he requires know-how. He's excellent choice for T4 void mission, but he will eat dirt at the hands of unskilled players.

To OP, if you go into public games with randoms and you wanna limbo, say you are gonna be using banish to help your team and that they can roll out of it if they don't wanna be banished any more. You don't seem like a troll and as long as you make certain they know that it should be fine.

Switch Teleport is rarely used on players, other than for trolling. Other skill, no, do not require communications.

Oh please, you call people noobs for using banish once and then you tell me that other skills don't require communication? MP if not used properly can easily make you fail the entire mission and Chaos can just make everything unnecessarily slow, way much worse than being invulnerable not being able to shoot for a bunch of seconds.

Yet again:

Sigh.......

See, people don't want to communicate. They don't want to understand or use fun tactics. They just want to LEMMESHOOTLEMMESHOOTBLOODGIMMEBLOOD all the things.

So let them rage, and play Limbo as you would.

He could just have taken the invulnerability of banish and waited until Phorid used his scream to roll out and finish him.

You weren't spamming.

You know why you almost never see good Limbos in PUG matches?

They got tired of this S#&$ and never come out of private or solo. Which is a real shame. 

Oh yeah, Loki is an advanced frame? Please. Spam 2 is what 80% of the Lokis do. other 19% spam 4 with the augment and think they are MLG.

Only twice in my life have I come across a Loki that used all his powers to be formidable, and we have stayed friends to this day. Limbo is a frame that punishes mistakes heavily with death. One mistake and BOOM! Hence people neither want to play nor understand him.

/end rant.

Fair enough, he IS good for nearly any occasion, but he requires know-how. He's excellent choice for T4 void mission, but he will eat dirt at the hands of unskilled players.

Lets take a look at the 'skill' Loki needs then.

Invisibility for any mission. Radial Disarm for Defences and Survival.... ok done. Where's the skill? I see none, and have never found any challenge playing Loki. He is a noob frame, and doesn't require skill at all.

Limbo on the other hand, requires the most skill of almost any frame in the game, knowing where and when to use banish+cataclysm, energy and ability management. Loki just goes invisible and disarms.

Well, after reading this, i'm baffled by how offended some people are by people using possibly-hampering powers on them even once. Sending a private, angry message and instant-ignore? That's taking it way too far.

I mean, i can understand if it's done repeatedly, but once? Come on, grow a thicker skin. It can be exited by rolling, it literally takes less than a second, yet some people act as if they've gone into a survival mission and someone tripped an oxygen pod at 90%.

You have to make a difference between casting it once or twice when it might be useful, to just repeatedly doing it just to hinder you, just like how some Vauban, Loki or Valkyr players will hassle players just for the fun of it. Believe it or not, there is a huge difference.

Although even as an avid Loki player, i honestly don't think he takes that much of that vaunted 'skill' to use, and i definitely think that Limbo takes much more thought to utilize correctly.

Well, after reading this, i'm baffled by how offended some people are by people using possibly-hampering powers on them even once. Sending a private, angry message and instant-ignore? That's taking it way too far.

I mean, i can understand if it's done repeatedly, but once? Come on, grow a thicker skin. It can be exited by rolling, it literally takes less than a second, yet some people act as if they've gone into a survival mission and someone tripped an oxygen pod at 90%.

You have to make a difference between casting it once or twice when it might be useful, to just repeatedly doing it just to hinder you, just like how some Vauban, Loki or Valkyr players will hassle players just for the fun of it. Believe it or not, there is a huge difference.

Although even as an avid Loki player, i honestly don't think he takes that much of that vaunted 'skill' to use, and i definitely think that Limbo takes much more thought to utilize correctly.

Very well said!

Lets take a look at the 'skill' Loki needs then.

Invisibility for any mission. Radial Disarm for Defences and Survival.... ok done. Where's the skill? I see none, and have never found any challenge playing Loki. He is a noob frame, and doesn't require skill at all.

Limbo on the other hand, requires the most skill of almost any frame in the game, knowing where and when to use banish+cataclysm, energy and ability management. Loki just goes invisible and disarms.

Loki, a noob frame, who didn't get replaced as a starter frame with Volt? A noob frame who hordes of players didn't complain that starting with Loki made the game nigh impossible without friends? Loki's armor is paper thin, he has no health or shields to speak of either, and his no damaging abilties. Until you get your hands on nightmare/corrupted mods, his skills have no duration and no range. 12 seconds for invis does not carry you through a match. Radial disarm does not render a room harmless.

You can maybe get away with staying invisible most of the match, early on once you build up his duration (if you're paying attention to its timer, otherwise you'll inevitable find yourself suddenly not invisible in the middle of a large room full of Grineer who won't take even a split second to drop you on your face) later though if you stand too close to someone else, if you run in between someone and a corrupted heavy, you're going to eat dirt. You have to know how to move as Loki, you can't just stand there invisible and expect to survive like a Rhino or Valkyr would. Invis doesn't silence weapons so once you start shooting, you'll be shot at anyway. It makes spy missions easy mode, sure, but that's about it. I really only use invis for getting people in in late game nowadays.

Radial disarm is useful in every single mission, decoy is useful in every single mission, both skills help the team instead of just you, and don't hempen anyone. Switch teleporter stuns enemies for a good amount of time, which considering radial disarm's casting time, can help you get not killed by said corrupted heavies.

Limbo's abilities are wonky, thirsty, slow, and poorly designed. He only requires skill to play because players have to work around unique mechanics that were haphazardly translated into 4 abilities that require special situations. You can't even spam his four because it doesn't do enough damage to work as a nuke, and it requires such specific situations (like a party with Loki, fast Nova, and Banshee) to synergize well that you're better off not even bothering. He's not a randoms friendly frame, and I'm sorry if the truth is painful? If you're taking him into a random match, then I doubt you're well versed on his skillset, and you're probably doing more harm than good for your team.  What does banish do for Zephyr? What does it do for Valk? For Mirage?

His skills require communication, like I said before. If you join randoms you're not the one that should expect others to bend over backwards for your playstyle. Most of them will wonder why you couldn't have just brought a fast nova with you to make the match go by faster.

So you're hating on limbo because he dint ask to banish you? You put way more effort in typing that ridiculous comment, all you have to do is roll out of it, if pressing one button twice is too much for you, may I suggest another game?

And you should have spend more time on reading OP carefully. OP IS the Limbo.

His skills require communication, like I said before. If you join randoms you're not the one that should expect others to bend over backwards for your playstyle. Most of them will wonder why you couldn't have just brought a fast nova with you to make the match go by faster.

You realize that you can escape the Rift by rolling...right?

Also, Mirage/Limbo: Infinite Disco Balls

You realize that you can escape the Rift by rolling...right?

Also, Mirage/Limbo: Infinite Disco Balls

You realize I could have used that time rolling instead to.. shoot?

Also maybe my Mirage is built for hall of mirrors instead of disco ball?

And it's not like every other thread on the forum is people complaining about other people spamming 4, but here ya'll want everyone to just spam 4.

How long do you have to roll for? An hour? Please stop being a derp. It's really that simple.

Edit: Didn't wanna hurt anyone's feelings.

Edited by Mr.Pava

Also maybe my Mirage is built for hall of mirrors instead of disco ball?

And it's not like every other thread on the forum is people complaining about other people spamming 4, but here ya'll want everyone to just spam 4.

Oh no, a whole second without shooting?

Also, for the 4th time:

You're generalizing all the Limbo players as the usual noob/troll who doesn't know what he's doing.