The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So A Detron Crewman Slash-Proc'ed Me . . .

SullyTheStalker

Just like the title says.

I'm pointing this out because the Detron itself does pure Radiation damage with no physical damage types whatsoever. Therefore, it should be incapable of slash-proc'ing.  But it is.

I'm not sure if this is intended, but if it is, it seems kind of odd for the same weapon to be wielded by the enemy yet have a completely different damage type. And come to think of it, I don't think I can recall ever being radiation-proc'ed by those things.

Consistency pls.

- Sully The Stalker

And come to think of it, I don't think I can recall ever being radiation-proc'ed by those things.

the only thing i can think of that /can/ rad proc in pve outside of self damage (and im not even sure about that) is the void lasers. in pvp thats oberons job right now.

but yeah having the same gun as the enemy but ours be different then theirs or vice versa is something thats been there for along time....i think its a balance thing. my big example is the enemy seekers kraken is super powerfull capable of 2 shoting at the high end but ours is far less capable.

the only thing i can think of that /can/ rad proc in pve outside of self damage (and im not even sure about that) is the void lasers. in pvp thats oberons job right now.

Self-damage can't give you radiation procs.

Other than that, I can't remember even getting a slash proc on Corpus levels. It seems as though Corpus weapons almost exclusively give Puncture procs.

EDIT:

Slash Procs are a sorta broken. The only way to avoid them is not getting shot. And we all know that's REALLY hard to do.

There really need to be a way to avoid/nullify it,

Rolling abates the damage done per tick of the slash proc which helps in taking overall less damage. After that, Life Strike or Health Restores help in recovering the health.

Although, Slash procs from things like Manics are pretty insane and can easily kill you even with rolling if you're not at full HP.

Slash procs from regular enemies don't do too much damage otherwise but do remind players that they do have to keep track of their health. The only problem is that new players won't have reliable ways to recover health unless they're Oberon, Valkyr, or Trinity which is kind of a bummer.

Edited by Otenko

EDIT:

Rolling abates the damage done per tick of the slash proc which helps in taking overall less damage. After that, Life Strike or Health Restores help in recovering the health.

Although, Slash procs from things like Manics are pretty insane and can easily kill you even with rolling if you're not at full HP.

Slash procs from regular enemies don't do too much damage otherwise but do remind players that they do have to keep track of their health. The only problem is that new players won't have reliable ways to recover health unless they're Oberon, Valkyr, or Trinity which is kind of a bummer.

While that is true- There should to be a way to prevent it. Or, (to prevent some frames being OP) we can give it logic- Like OP said- Detron has no physical damage, so why can it proc? Make it so it can't.

I can see why bullets can do slash damage, but that should only happen with bullets that don't directly hit you. Face to face with a Lancer? You're not getting slashed, your getting shot. Make it so it can't

Why can beams of energy cause a slash proc? Logically they'd be blocked buy the shield, or burn the wound, preventing bleeding. It shouldn't be able to unless specified by the weapon logic. (Cold beam instead of heat beam, etc)

I feel like the enemies weapons should follow the logic we have to follow. Only slash based weapons should be able to do slash damage, Impact shouldn't, neither should puncture. 

But then again this is my opinion, and others will differ. And I would like to see the differentiating opinions.

Inb4:

225px-RapidResilience.png

Still not modding around this. Nor farming for it. Right pain in the butt

EDIT: Quote issues.

Edited by Censium

You should also keep in mind that we(Tenno) are using modified versions of the faction weapons. Take the Grakata wielded by the standard Lancer. In my experience, the enemy version is much more accurate than ours and rarely triggers any kind of proc, even though the Grakata is the poor man's Soma with an excellent Status Chance.

Wait, what? "I have a bleeding wound, better roll around vigorously"? How in the hell does that work

Wait, what? "I have a bleeding wound, better roll around vigorously"? How in the hell does that work

Stop, drop, and roll to bleed out all over the ground. You bleed out all of your bad blood.

But really, rolls, backflips, and side-rolls have damage reduction during the animation (something like 70-80% I believe) as well as stopping most crowd control effects like knockdowns.

As such, you can use this to take less damage from DoT procs, use it to "tank" a beefy hit, and/or use it to avoid being knocked down.

It's been this way for a while ever since they changed rolls to not be mostly purposeless.

Stop, drop, and roll to bleed out all over the ground. You bleed out all of your bad blood.

But really, rolls, backflips, and side-rolls have damage reduction during the animation (something like 70-80% I believe) as well as stopping most crowd control effects like knockdowns.

As such, you can use this to take less damage from DoT procs, use it to "tank" a beefy hit, and/or use it to avoid being knocked down.

It's been this way for a while ever since they changed rolls to not be mostly purposeless.

Saves your a** when you're facing a Corrupted Bombard as Volt. Block the missile with Electric Shield and roll backwards as it hits. Saves my life daily.

Slash Procs are a sorta broken. The only way to avoid them is not getting shot. And we all know that's REALLY hard to do.

There really need to be a way to avoid/nullify it,

its not hard its - impossibru!!!!

I feel like the enemies weapons should follow the logic we have to follow. Only slash based weapons should be able to do slash damage, Impact shouldn't, neither should puncture. 

No problem, so we will have to stop all Toxin procs from effecting Corpus until their shields go down, same for all the physical crits we give them.

Also makes no sense for melee attacks to get stealth multipliers because you cant get get a bonus against an acrive shield, unless you are telling me that a totally impenetrable barrier made of energy has some magical weak spots that allow an attack to get a backstab bonus.

It's a game. DE will do whatever DE wants to do. You can't seriously expect to get enemies nerfed more without the players getting nerfed as a counter balance.

Enemy weapons stats are very different from the weapons we end up using. The detron is one of the stronger examples. It seems to deal either mostly or only slashing damage.

Honestly we should all be thankful that enemies are not using the radiation version of the gun. Radiation shreds Warframe Armour like damp tissue paper.