Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

But What The Heck Has Happened To The Market?

Marco98Pro

I didn't know a mission was broken to S#&$ out alloy plates like it was on a 30 day Taco Bell n' Gorgons bender, and I'm still annoyed at how many things need how many alloy plates. It's tough to farm in general, things need ludicrous amounts of it, and EVERYTHING needs it. It seems really weird/like bad planning if all items need the same materials, making that one a very obvious bottleneck.

Its because it was not tested before implementation

IF THERE WAS PRE-PATCH NOTES:

Someone would have popped in the convo "What about all the alloy plates"

and the devs would have been "Call Corporate quick! This new market change is gonna seriously alienate new players"

Well if everyone would stop running through all the levels as fast as they could and take a little time looting the mission for materials and credits it would not be such a bad grind.  But no, you all just want to rush rush on through and then now you get squat because you passed all the crates and lockers you could have opened for possible material.  Heck thats why they have a mod for the warframe for loot radar but no one uses it because they need more speed to keep up with all the rushers.  I love the new changes to the market because the rushers do not have enough materials make me laugh at them while I sit on 900000 credits and over 800 alloy plate while I almost have all the weapons I could want.

and the devs would have been "Call Corporate quick! This new market change is gonna seriously alienate new players"

Ha. That's so ideal it's adorable. They'd probably add 50 plates to each one just to make certain people buy that Burston with plat.

Ha. That's so ideal it's adorable. They'd probably add 50 plates to each one just to make certain people buy that Burston with plat.

Not likely. In my experience as a Beta tester DE is likely to just swap around a bunch of recipes to alleviate the issue that way.

Not likely. In my experience as a Beta tester DE is likely to just swap around a bunch of recipes to alleviate the issue that way.

In your experience as a beta tester, has DE ever put 80% of all weapons behind a pay/grind wall without mentioning it to anyone?

In your experience as a beta tester, has DE ever put 80% of all weapons behind a pay/grind wall without mentioning it to anyone?

Nope. This'll be the first time.

But I do remember when Frame's couldn't level their skills to max without being Supercharged, meaning F2Pers couldn't even get full effectiveness from skills. They changed that. This is about the same scale.

Time to chill. You aren't proving any point by insinuating that this is DE deciding to screw over everyone. By now I'd imagine DE is aware about the Alloy Plate thing they've created. It'll be worked on, just like they work on any issue they create with a change.

Nope. This'll be the first time.

But I do remember when Frame's couldn't level their skills to max without being Supercharged, meaning F2Pers couldn't even get full effectiveness from skills. They changed that. This is about the same scale.

Time to chill. You aren't proving any point by insinuating that this is DE deciding to screw over everyone. By now I'd imagine DE is aware about the Alloy Plate thing they've created. It'll be worked on, just like they work on any issue they create with a change.

I suppose the old, paraphrased adage of "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice" applies. Maybe they just shoved all these changes in willy-nilly in a four-hour fit of cowboy coding without thinking about, instead of thinking about it and liking what they thought up

I suppose the old, paraphrased adage of "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice" applies. Maybe they just shoved all these changes in willy-nilly in a four-hour fit of cowboy coding without thinking about, instead of thinking about it and liking what they thought up

Sure. I'm glad we have your PhD in Basement Game Design handy to give us all valuable insight on whats up.

I like encouraged BP use because it feels far more rewarding to get your hands on a new toy when you spent some sweat to build it.

With Prestige this will feel alot less bothersome, as you will be able to use a weapon you like far longer.

PS: New players DO have it too hard though.

Edited by SgtCapricorn

I like encouraged BP use because it feels far more rewarding to get your hands on a new toy when you spent some sweat to build it.

With Prestige this will feel alot less bothersome, as you will be able to use a weapon you like far longer.

I agree. Although I still have a feeling DE will work on the Alloy Plate requirements. 

This is a double edged sword. It will also feel more frustrating if you find out that you don't like the weapon you just built and know that building another one will once more require farming.

Imo DE overdid it a bit. I don't see why there can't even be a single melee weapon that you can get without having to build it... not even a Skana.

There should be at least 1-2 weapons in each category that new players can aquire fairly quickly without having to build them.

And making everything cost Alloy Plates definitely wasn't the best choice.

This market price change was completely unnecessary. I don't know what DE was thinking.

I am genuinely worried for this game right now, it's approaching Korean MMO levels of cash grabbing.

This market price change was completely unnecessary. I don't know what DE was thinking.

I am genuinely worried for this game right now, it's approaching Korean MMO levels of cash grabbing.

Have you even played any cash grabbing Korean MMOs?

Ok I don't post on the forums at all, but I have to say that it doesn't take much thought to realize that making a ton blueprints require 300-500 alloy plates when it only drops in amounts of 10-30 and being one of the more rare materials is a really bad idea. The funny thing is, that the idea of grinding hours to get a weapon or frame and not even know if you like it was a problem for this game from the start. May I suggest that DE adds a practice mode where you can freely use any frame, weapon, and mod. It would just be a big room with an Ai dummy to practice on; Think of that practice mode in God Hand as an example. This would solve the problem with being unable to try out new equipment all the while still forcing the player to buy it if he really wants to play it in missions. 

Have you even played any cash grabbing Korean MMOs?

Yes actually.

When the market is limited by 90% extreme grinding and the other option is to purchase gear for an insane amount of real money, that's Korean MMO to a T. The market before this God awful update was fine, people still had to grind for Alloy Plate and Rubedo which took a good few hours to amass a decent stock. Now? There's a load of weapons that require 300+ Alloy Plate.

Yes actually.

When the market is limited by 90% extreme grinding and the other option is to purchase gear for an insane amount of real money, that's Korean MMO to a T. The market before this God awful update was fine, people still had to grind for Alloy Plate and Rubedo which took a good few hours to amass a decent stock. Now? There's a load of weapons that require 300+ Alloy Plate.

How is 6 weapons considered as "loads of weapons" that require 300+ AP? If you know where to farm, you can approximately get 30-40 per run. That's like 3-4 hours of grind for heavy hitter BPs. And Rubedo is just as easy to get, with the right places as well.

That is no where the grind of several days or weeks just to level up a few character levels or enhance a weapon from +9 to +12 with a minimal increase in stats per upgrade, in your average Korean MMO.

Edited by SymphNo9

That's like 3-4 hours of grind for heavy hitter BPs.

I wouldn't consider the Boar to be a heavy hitter, which requires 550 Alloy Plate.

You're also not taking into account that many of the starter weapons require Alloy Plate, a high level material and the rarest in the game. A new player is not going to be seeing any of those weapons through playing the game normally now that they can't be purchased with credits.

Why DE did this is beyond me. Is it to make the grind more in line with the Platinum prices? Hey DE, maybe people would be more inclined to buy these weapons if the Platinum prices weren't absurd. Successful F2P games thrive on impulse purchases, look at how cheap the Orokin Catalysts and Reactors are. I guarantee those are the highest selling items in the store.

I wouldn't consider the Boar to be a heavy hitter, which requires 550 Alloy Plate.

You're also not taking into account that many of the starter weapons require Alloy Plate, a high level material and the rarest in the game. A new player is not going to be seeing any of those weapons through playing the game normally now that they can't be purchased with credits.

Why DE did this is beyond me. Is it to make the grind more in line with the Platinum prices? Hey DE, maybe people would be more inclined to buy these weapons if the Platinum prices weren't absurd. Successful F2P games thrive on impulse purchases, look at how cheap the Orokin Catalysts and Reactors are. I guarantee those are the highest selling items in the store.

That there is the thing. Why would low level weapons like the Bo need Alloy Plates? I can understand requiring more weapons to be crafted so that people will have something to work for and so that the Foundry will see more use, but it is not a good idea to make low level weapons need materials that are hard to find. Even if you can find said materials in Venus and especially when those weapons will be outclassed anyway.

The Orokin Catalysts/Reactors, along with Warframe/weapon slots and maybe some of the color packs are the only things worth buying with Plat right now.

That there is the thing. Why would low level weapons like the Bo need Alloy Plates? I can understand requiring more weapons to be crafted so that people will have something to work for and so that the Foundry will see more use, but it is not a good idea to make low level weapons need materials that are hard to find. Even if you can find said materials in Venus and especially when those weapons will be outclassed anyway.

The Orokin Catalysts/Reactors, along with Warframe/weapon slots and maybe some of the color packs are the only things worth buying with Plat right now.

There's also Sentinel cosmetics. You can get a lotus hat for 30 platinum!

Im curious if this is said with the "lingering" memory of what you had or from a "truly" neutral pov ?

Strangely/funnily enough, ive had the opposite feedback from a couple of mates that just started playing. And no, i havnt played a single game with them.

Did you just complain about the time of crafting on items? .. because if you did, i have no idea where you have spent your time in-game, that time hasnt changed at all.

My stance is (still): The prices as they are now are not bad at all.

Why should people invest in platinum or try for alert potatoes if they can VERY easily obtain a new "toy" ?

For those wanting higher droprates etc on alloy plates, try and play each mission in venus just once, go through all the lockers, there is a very good chance that you will have 350-500 alloy. (there are 12 missions there, 12-50alloy per mission) ....

12*12 is not anywhere near 350, last I checked. and try your own experiment and make note of the time it took

12-50 in a mission is a ridiculously generous estimate anyways. 50 would require 3-4 AP drops. back in the old abort/fail mission spam days, you'd be considered lucky to find just 2 APs cleaning out everything in the defense map

well, they thought suddenly quadrupling credit rewards would be a good idea. as well as giving the high accuracy hek an effective range of 10m (aka 8 feet), and to make bullets exit the gorgon's barrel at a 60 degree angle. incredible stupidity seems to be their signature

and TF2 hats. and DOTA2 skins/announcer packs. and kMMORPG lingerie bikinis

I do agree that this game is over priced.  But, a few alert missions and you can afford Braton, etc.   This is what new players need to learn.  Do alert missions.  You'll have credits.

New players have limited access to alert missions for obvious reasons.

this