Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/18+/closed] The Hunt For Split/crack

Psychotoxin

The Vortex slammed the Banshee against the ground in great force, wasting her energy, to save her teammate. "Stay down or I will put an Orthos all the way from your head to your feet!" She warned in anger and took out of her Orthos Prime, looking at the Nyx. "Are you okay?"

"SO THE YOUNG ONE WISHES TO FIGHT TOO... I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND FELIX - YOU WOULD NOT HAVE HAD ANY CHANCES WITH HER." The Banshee got back up, her body twisting in almost unnatural ways. It seemed like the impact from the G-force had almost no effect on her.

"YOUNG ONE, DID YOU REALLY THINK THAT YOUR FEEBLE BODY COULD COMPARE TO THAT OF THE MACHINE OVER THERE?" the woman asked, gesturing towards the Nyx warframe. "I WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SPARE YOU, BUT IT SEEMS YOU ARE JUST LIKE THE REST OF THEM." the Banshee was slowly advancing towards Vortex, as flames appeared all around her. She raised her Ether sword, and prepared to strike, but for some reason stalled.

"We don`t have to do this Joanne... They are not our intended target..." The Banshee herself thought, and mustered all her willpower to fight the influence of the mask.

"THEY LOCKED US IN THERE. THEY ATTACKED FELIX. THEY CLEARLY ARE KIN TO THOSE WHO TRIED TO DESTROY US." Joanne answered in thoughts. Her zealous conviction allowed her to slowly but surely overcome the other woman`s resistances.

"Yes... Joanne... They should... Perish..." The Banshee answered to the mask`s statement, both in thoughts and verbally...

---

The Dreamweaver was closing in on it`s destination. Lin ran by the scans of the station, to be sure where to head to. It had a few inhabitants, scattered over a large station. It was one of the first cloud cities to be deployed, and now it was long forgotten by the higher-ups in the Corpus. The systems on it kept running purely because it was populated by various technicians and engineers, from different settlements. And of course a few vendors too.

"Great... a Black Market station, is all I needed to complete this day..." Lin sighed, and steered the Dreamweaver towards the docking bay. She would have to present something valuable, just to earn some respect and ensure that the Dreamweaver won`t be pulled apart while she`s gone.

Soon small shuttle got near of the remains of dojo and bay door opened. Commander hopped on first piece of metal and activated visor inside of the breather helmet to scan the material it is and what it contains. Bay door of shuttle closed soon "Don't get yourself killed at there commander. You do know that criminals ain't going to rest" Craius said on radio to Merja. "Agreed. I believe that I will getting out of here without using any shells or rounds. Unless Tenno ain't feelin' like being hospital towards me" Merja said.

(You can tell what metal it is Psycho when you can)

"Damn... looks like it's about to go down..." said Venderalt, tapping his finger on the Liset's control panel. "What do you think Naz?"

"Yeah... should we help them?"

"I don't know yet... thinking about it. I'll throw my hat into the ring when it's necessary, hopefully the addition of one extra fighter might tip the scales."

The Nyx twitched as its motors struggled to move all of the parts inside, several now misaligned. "It's fine. I can repair this back in my ship. [enter assault mode]

The banshee would feel its legs grabbed as its yanked from its feet and swung around by the empty rhino. Tem increased the power applied to its hands and torso areas, tightening the grip and making the armors upper part spin. The banshee was swung and smashed into several objects and walls with excessive force.

"I do believe that was unkind. Since I'm not hindered by organic weaknesses this should be quick." Tem continued swinging the banshee, each impact making sizable dents in walls and breaking smaller structures.

The Banshee crossed her arms on her chest, and started chanting something. After a couple of seconds an invisible force broke the Rhino's grip on her, and crossed it's arms behind it's back.

The Banshee flew away from the Tenno, her arms still crossed on her chest. After a sizeable distance she stopped herself, and got in an upright position. A pair of white, burning wings formed behind her.

The mask on Banshee's face was croocked, and the side of her head was bleeding. She moved the mask back on correctly, and her wings grew in intensity, upon the mask being repositioned correctly.

"Tom, we shall need your assistance. Our poor host is not too happy about the acquired damage." the Banshee spoke to one of the masks.

Then she turned back to the group. "YOU SHALL PAY FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION. LET IT BE KNOWN THAT CANONESS JOANNE REPAYS THOSE WHO DARE HINDER HER." Joanne said firing off a swarm of bullets from her Magnus, at the Rhino.

As the shuttle flew away and scan was complete "Durasteel... Hmm... Might come useful when making different armor variants or guns. Also good to be sold and reused" Merja monologued and started to cut the hunk to a bit more smaller pieces so it will fit in to the shuttle. She uses pure alloy blade saw to attempt to cut the hunk to small pieces.

The projectiles made impact on the Rhino warframe but it didnt react, instead it shot like a bullet towards the Banshee. With its arms behinds its back Tem had to rely on the boosters around its body to remain stable. The hunk of metal rammed into the banshee and wrapped its legs around her waist, bringing her to the ground with its weight.

"Canoness Joanne should consider her position. Now if you may hold still, this will be quick." The toneless voice requested as another few panels opened on the rhinos chest. A glowing blue orb seemed to intensify with each passing moment; with time the banshee and this situation would be a memory.

Edited by Exoteran

"YOU SHALL PAY FOR THIS, MACHINE!" Joanne shouted. Her body was enveloped by the same white flame that her wings were made of, while the wings lost luster, and she put her hand in front of the orb. She grabbed the suits inner mechanisms and ripper them out with ease. Then she grabbed the legs of the rhino and forced them apart.

"HOW DARE YOU COMPARE YOUR SIMPLE MACHINERY TO A TRUE MIRACLE! YOUR SIMPLE WORKINGS CANNOT HARM ME!" the woman cried, flinging the Rhino backwards. She prepared to charge after him, but the red mask interjected.

"Girl, you better stop acting foolish. We might be able to endure the punishment, but poor Split won`t. I`d say we cut the fightin` and move to a different target." the maskj said. Upon hearing the mask, Joanne paused a bit. It seemed like she was in conflict with herself.

"FINE. I SHALL SPARE YOUR PITIFUL LIVES." Joanne said to the Tenno, and turned to leave. The flame surrounding her body slowly receded back to the wings, and they grew brighter again. She flapped her wings, flew away at a pace rivaling the Tenno Lisets.

Time passed until "Joanne" was out of sight and far from the dojo. A cylindrical ship with a holographic cone around it lowered down near the dojo and landed just outside the hallway. It looked like its been through its share of years; old and new parts riddled the surface, who's to say what's inside?

A green light flashed near a hatch and out dropped a Mag warframe. It twitched before standing up.

"That could have resulted in a better outcome" The now heavily damaged Rhino floated towards the Tems ship as the Mag got closer to Vortex.

"This Split/Crack being is not like most others I have encountered. Do you require assistance Vortex?"

Time passed until "Joanne" was out of sight and far from the dojo. A cylindrical ship with a holographic cone around it lowered down near the dojo and landed just outside the hallway. It looked like its been through its share of years; old and new parts riddled the surface, who's to say what's inside?

A green light flashed near a hatch and out dropped a Mag warframe. It twitched before standing up.

"That could have resulted in a better outcome" The now heavily damaged Rhino floated towards the Tems ship as the Mag got closer to Vortex.

"This Split/Crack being is not like most others I have encountered. Do you require assistance Vortex?"

Vortex grumbled bunch of words while looking at where the Banshee just flew. "Who had to idea to attack that frame? That was one bad idea, I must say." She sighed and look at the Mag. "Are you also a machine? Nevermind, don't even answer that, I don't want to know. Yes, I would like help." Vortex sighed. "That Rhino machine would be fine, right?"

Merja continued cutting durasteel hunks after two hunks was cut she marked them and started to fly around the rubble to find something else to get be sold. "Anything going on there?" Merja said to radio "Nothing really. You got something to sell?" Craius asked "Yeah. Some durasteel rubble to recycle" Merja said "Glad to hear that this wasn't waste of time" Craius said "Same here. I have marked the steel hunks what you will need to pick up get them and get them back to ship" Merja said "Alright" Craius said.

Tem pulled Vortex to her feet, lifting the Nyx armor and sending it to the ship at the same time. "It only needs a new endo skeleton and core. If we happen to pass a corpus outpost I'll need to stop there...also have you noticed another being nearby?"

Tems ship swallowed up the armors and hissed slightly as the mechanisms inside went back to work.

Edited by Exoteran

Balthazar facepalmed at the results of this, Not only did they not manage to retrieve the target but he was left dealing with an out of control young Tenno. he spoke up in a manner of annoyance "No s**t that could've gone better, Now what are we going to do?! Chasing her appears to be a futile option right now."

Edited by Drakeardian

"Tenno Balthazar calm down. Getting frustrated or agitated will solve nothing at present" if it counted as snapping for an emotionless entity, that's what Tem did towards Balthazar. "If its that powerful and dangerous then its likely it has a formidable energy output. If we manage to trace it, we may be able to retrieve Split/Crack."

"I think we can help with that." Said Nazira, patching in to all Tenno comms in the area.

"Really Naz? You're gonna do that?" Asked Venderalt, with a raised eyebrow.

"I'll let my partner speak with you." She said, before connecting Ven to the channels that the Tenno were using.

"Wait what-"

"Pssst, you're on right now, I've done what I can."

"The hell's wrong with you Naz- oh uh...... hello there Tenno! We've been monitoring everything from a safe distance. We're with Cephalon Suda. We can provide support if you need it."

Lin stepped out of the Dreamweaver, and looked around. She was holding a wide briefcase, and wearing a set of her companion's clothes, thus concealing the automaton`s distinct appearance. The clothes were too big though, and gave away that she was of feminine stature. She noticed movement out of the corner of her photon receptors. A group of people moved towards her ship.

"Hello, m`lady! Need any assistance on this beautiful day?" A man greeted Lin from the other end of the boarding ramp, as he eyed the ship, and the person in front of it. He was burly, and quite filthy, even for human standards. A group of similar looking men stood behind him, pretending to be interested in their tools more than anything, but Lin noticed the quick glances towards the ship, and the nods and shakes of their heads.

"No, thank you! I`m quite sure you can`t provide me with anything I might require." Lin said, and went forward, the ship closing behind her. The man stepped in front of her, and the group quickly formed behind him, blocking Lin`s path.

"No, I`m quite sure, you could use our help." The man said, taking a step forwards. "You`re clearly on a stolen ship and probably hoarding some serious loot there. You don`t want anyone taking it apart piece by piece, do you?"

"You are quite mistaken. The ship is not stolen, and there`s no loot in it, unless you count an unconscious person "loot". Yet your words do give me an idea." Lin said, clenching her fist. She paused a bit and then continued, her tone now sounding a bit more cooperative than before.  "I`m willing to pay if you keep my ship secure. How`s a hundred thousand credits sound?" She took a step forward.

"Each." The man said, after a moment of silence. There was chatter behind him. The other men were quite eager to earn something either one way or another.

"That`s a bit steep. But..." Lin ran calculations in her head, and paused. After a while she continued. "How about seventy-five each?" 

The man looked back at the group, and talked with them for a moment, then turned back to Lin.

"If you pay fifty now, then we have a deal." He said, and extended his hand. Lin scanned the group, and then pulled out six empty credit chits.

"There`s six of you. So fifty each. A total of three hundred." She said, as she was transferring the money from S`s account, to the chits.

"That`s correct. A pleasure doing business with you." The man said, and the group let Lin pass.
"And miss... you`d want to do a better job of hiding your form. Not everyone here is friendly towards automatons." He added, as Lin had passed them. "Just a friendly tip."

The group sat down on the boxes stacked at the start of the ramp, and observed Lin heading into the station.