Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic/18+/closed] The Hunt For Split/crack

Psychotoxin

--BEGIN TRANSCRIPT--

Attention, all available Tenno!

We have a dangerous threat re-appearing after a long time. It's name is Split/Crack.

Split/Crack was trapped in a force bubble, sealed in a crystalline asteroid, behind an intricate web of automated sentry bots, commissioned by the "Shadow of a Star" clan. After the clan's recent downfall, the last known surviving member, a Vauban that calls himself "Seven", set up a base near Split/Crack's asteroid, but couldn't prevent it from escaping. Sadly we've lost track of "Seven", and it is assumed that he has perished, during Split/Crack's escape.

Your primary goal is to track down and recapture Split/Crack. I cannot stress it enough how important it is to capture it undamaged. Split/Crack possesses abilities that would greatly benefit to the Tenno cause, if we would learn to replicate them.

Be careful Tenno. Split/Crack is EXTREMELY dangerous and highly unpredictable. Being a master of various combat arts, it can, and most likely will, disable and/or kill any would be pursuers. Approach with extreme caution, and it's recommended to have a full cell to take it down. It has bested many powerful Tenno, so be careful out there.

Your secondary goal would be to investigate the remains of "Shadow of a Star" clan's dojo and, if possible, locate the remains of the Vauban "Seven". This is of minor importance, yet you might find valuable information about Split/Crack.

Good luck in your hunt, Tenno.

Lotus

--END TRANSCRIPT--

A man sighed.

"Lin, open the hatch. Got to dump out some history." He said and moved towards the ship's airlock.

"Prepare to wipe all data drives, and set your beacon to broadcast a signal stating that you're aimlessly drifting from one place to another." The man continued.

"Acknowledged." The cephalon replied in a sombre voice.

A tattered Vauban suit flew out of the ship amongst the debris. It had a luminescent number "7" on it's shoulder. The man looked back at it for a while, then closed the airlock. The ship took on a slow pace moving away from what once was the "Shadow of a Star" dojo.

"S, you've got no suit now. I still think it was a bad idea to toss it out. What if you're attacked while on this mission of yours?" The cephalon asked, her voice slightly concerned.

"Lin, you're still quite young." S chuckled "A warrior is only as good as he is when he's at his lowest point. I wouldn't have survived the war with the Sentients, and all the assailants that have attacked us after that, if I had to rely on equipment and technology to keep me going."

"Well... It just seems odd that an Operator would forsake his... Well... Identity." Lin sounded confused. " The previous operator was just as much tied to her suit as I am to this ship."

"Ah, yes. Jay. She had potential in her. Sadly that ended up as it did." S sighed as he was digging through a trunk in the storage bay. "During the downfall there were a lot of 'Operators' like her. Y'see... When the Tenno executed their Orokin masters, they also recruited any children of age. And when I say recruited, I mean forcibly drafted and reprogrammed. Then the ruling Tenno officers put them in a cryosleep and after a couple of years followed them. I won't bore you much with history, since it's neither interesting, nor I want to pull it up. The point is - most of the Tenno now are programmed for a specific suit and thus aren't as effective when separated from them."

"But... But... But how come... Didn't... Didn't you wake up from cryosleep too?" Lin asked, her voice now exhibiting mechanical disturbance as she was straining to process everything.

"No I didn't. Let's drop it for now. I don't want to talk about this any further. Ah- there they are!" S exclaimed after a prolonged digging through the trunk. He pulled out odd looking clothes that were dusty and had some tear marks on them.

He got up and undid his undersuit, carefully taking it off. Then he walked over to a mirror that was standing in the opposite corner of the storage bay. He glanced at his naked body and ran over the countless scars criss-crossing his pale skin. Now that the flesh was free a couple of new cuts appeared. The constricting nature of the undersuits allowed most of slash and cut wounds to heal and not cause scarring.

S had a gash on his thigh, a couple cuts on his right shoulder and arm, and a vertical cut over his left shoulder. He winced.

"This is going to cause some problems." He muttered inspecting the already oozing gash on the thigh, and the cut over his shoulder. A stinging pain and gradual numbness had started to set it.

"Should I prepare the med-bay, S?" Lin asked him. The confusion had passed and now her data circuits were back on track, running over the most effective methods of closing the wounds.

"Yeah, fire it up. And set a course for the nearest Steel Meridian outpost." S said, going to the med-bay. His wounds were now bleeding. The blood was thick and dark red. Clearly already it had started healing, but the removal of his undersuit had put too much strain on them, and they had opened up again.

"Why Steel Meridian?" Lin asked, setting in the coordinates.

" We need some supplies, and you need a new paint job. The Shadows are dead, and so should we be." S said laying down on the Auto-Doc table, and closing his eyes.

The Cargo Liset took up a bit of speed and started moving towards the Steel Meridian base on Io.

"Operator, you'll be pleased to know that you have a message!" The Mirage opened her eye as her Cephalon cheerfully added, "And I promise this time it isn't a sales add!"

The tenno was not pleased. She had just gotten into a nice relaxed frame of mind. "Moll, I don't care who it's from. I'm trying to be a little zen here. Can you shut your mouth up for five minutes?"

"Operator Kiesha, I lack a mouth to shut." Moll's demeanor didn't change. "You ask to keep you informed of everything that's happening."

"That doesn't include what background radiation is saying." Kiesha sighed and stood, saying, "Alright, alright. Who wants my attention?"

"The message is from the Lotus. Playing transmission now."

Kiesha crossed her arms as she listened. Reemerging? She'd never heard of this Split/crack/fissure whatever it was until just this moment. Or of the clan, but that wasn't so unusual when it came to clans. Sounded like the Shadows had bitten off way more then they could chew with little Splitty if it broke through three lines of defense. Sounded dangerous, probably out of her league if it decided it was going to be a bogey man and jump at her in the dark. When the transmission finished, Moll spoke again.

"This does not sound like a mission you would normally undertake. Would the operator like me to delete the message?"

"No, Moll." Kiesha put her chin in her hand, watching her navigation console. "Let's go take a look. That dojo might be a good place to start and we can go see if this Seven is still alive somewhere near there."

Cephalon Moll was quiet for a moment. "Operator Kiesha, you're not REALLY planning on going by yourself, are you? I'm obligated to say this is a bad idea."

"Just find the coordinates and set course, Moll." Kiesha stretched. "Send word to The Lotus that we'll help, and let's find out if anyone else is going after Split/crack. Otherwise, I'm going to meditate and you best keep your mouth shut for a while."

"By saying meditate, the operator means nap."

"Shut up, Moll."

The Dragon of Phobos was at this point in time, taking a short break in his Liset over his favourite hunting ground, The desert moon of phobos, his Warframe pelt had been put into the Foundry for repairs while he cleaned himself off, eating a healthy breakfast of egg, sausages, beans and a bottle of juice on the side and generally getting cleaned up from a long week of killing. Balthazar had not got the chance to actually clean himself up, his Warframe was in the armoury bay, ready for deployment onto the Operator. 

"Operator! You have received a message." called his ship's Cephalon. Balthazar groaned as he shaved the sides of his auburn hair with a Fang dagger and a growing stubble on his beard. "Tell them Syndicates I'm not interested!" he shouted as he dried himself of. He didn't know how on earth they managed to fit basic toiletries and a bed in to a small Liset but he wasn't a Vauban or an actual Engineer.

"But Operator, it is from the Lotus." replied his Cephalon, As a result, Balthazar ended up cutting his jaw with surprise. "Argh S**t!" he cursed as he put a cloth over his minor wound. "pull it up." he replied as his mirror opened the inbox to read the message, The Chroma wearer mumbled as he read it out loud to himself. "Split/Crack? What kind of stupid name is that?! It's not even a name! I bet this Tenno's got a personality problem!" complained Balthazar as read the Target's name.

He continued to read it whilst cleaning his cut, the wound healing up pretty quickly afterwards. He called out to his Cephalon "Aldin, set the ship for the co-ordinates set in this message, it's time to go for a wild hunt!" 

And so, the Liset prepared to venture deep towards the asteroid where the unusually named *Split/crack* was said to be. But first, he'd need to stop off to find this Seven. Perhaps he had more information on Split at this Dojo, if he was still alive.

Edited by Drakeardian

In the darkness of Space, on a distante asteroid field near Saturn, a lone Liset ship was docked to a hidden syndicate outpost. A small storage outpost, abandonned cycles ago, numerous warehouses had been left ; a few remaining containers and crates had been left in the hurry, and the emergency broadcast system had been destroyed: a perfect hideout for a bunch of "freedom fighters".

One of the many warehouses had been refited as a makeshift hangar, big enough to hold a single stolen cargo ship. A few human figures were actually un-loading various crates on the metal floor from an old ship wearing the distinctive symbol of the Steel Meridian. Shouting and laughs could have been heard from time to time, but the whole procedure was done with an almost silent and professional demeanour.

One single silhouette, covered by the surrounding shadows and slitghly taller then the others, slowly walked towards the small group of rebels. A few meters from them, it stopped in the middle of a spotlight, revealing a cloaked figure; a long and hooded long-coat covering someone. Only two slight orange light stripes could have be seen from under the hood.

The silhouette noded to one of the rebels, which came towards him, handing him a small metal box. Without a word, an armored hand came from under the cloack, grabbing the small item, before tturning on his heels at the opposite of the ship.

While moving towards the exit of the hangar, a slight beeping sound started buzzing from under the hood, another louder noise followed has a voice started talking.

- "Operator, you must return to you ship now; a new mission order has been delivered." said a masculine electronic voice.

Another voice, deep and rugged voice spoke throught an helmet vocabulator, it was the cloaked figure. "I know Core, I received it directly; On my way."

"I'll be starting the Ship's primary take-off procedures, awaiting for you Op- I mean, Cipher." Responded the Cephalon known as "Core".

Cipher slowly marched into the empty hallways of the old warehouses, a new objective assigned : Finding whoever was Split/Crack.

Edited by Trollswords

"You have a new message!" Cephalon Currum declared dutifully and loudly to his gilded Operator.

"Be silent, Curry. I am resting." Indeed, he had been silent and motionless for the last few hours, practicing the Somnus meditation method. The mind stayed awake and vibrant, free to think and create, while the body relaxed and recovered from otherwise constant strain.

The Cephalon let loose a fragment of static, analogous to the human "Hmph" sound, that lasted a good ten seconds.

"Is this what you do now, Operator? Loafing about, muttering about higher causes and philosophical meanings? Rubbish!" Currum's heptagonal form shuddered in outrage. "Every day!"

Uriel rose at his own steady pace. "Very well then, Curry. What's this about?"

\][/

"Already obtaining recorded communications in that sector. Cephalon Suda is most kind... and quite symmetrical, too. A shame I'm married to my work."

Uriel shook his head with a chuckle, arming himself with his trusty Kogake and Akmagnus pistols.

A new hunt had begun. One for a being named after two adjectives, but a hunt nonetheless.

S woke up. The dull buzz of the anesthetic still clouding his mind.

"Lin, how far from Io are we?" He asked, slowly getting up from the Auto-Doc table. The wounds were sewn shut, and scars would be minimal, but it would still be at least a few weeks before he could run marathons, or punch fools.

"We should be there in two hours and fourteen minutes." Lin answered. "Do you wish to contact the commander of this outpost?"

"Nah. Send him an automated message, saying that Sven will drop by for a visit." S said, and moved to take the clothes that he had dug up from the chest. They weren`t on the chair next to the Auto-Doc. "Damn droids... Lin, did the droids take my clothes somewhere?"

"Yes. I ordered them to at least clean them out a bit. They were in a horrible state." Lin explained.

"Alright then... let`s hope they`re not shredded... Did you have any luck decoding any of the texts about Split/Crack?" S asked, heading up to the living quarters of his ship.

"I`m surprised to say, that yes. I have managed to extract something resembling a logical entry, from that garbled mess of utter nonsense." Lin said. Her voice indicated that she was displeased with this outcome.

"Ok... So what did you get?" S asked slightly impatiently.

"The first part speaks of a 'Canoness Joanne', the second part briefly touches on the subject of a... a..." Lin said, but couldn`t continue, as she broke into mechanical laughter.

"Lin focus! This is important." S commanded, his voice suddenly stern. 

"Ok... Ok... Khehh... Khe... This can`t be serious... The second part speaks about a person named 'Crux`Hal'. But the best part is - he`s referenced here as a... hehh-ahahhhaha... A 'SHADOWPRIEST'!" Lin broke out in laughter again. "Who`s heard of such nonsense... You`d think these texts were written by a Corpus "Cruisers&Crawlers" fan..." Lin giggled and spurted for a while. It wasn`t the most pleasant sound, as a lot of it was mostly mechanical crackles and static.

"That it? Can`t be that all those texts are about two... well... fictional personas..." S sounded a bit disappointed.

"Oh no... there are three more parts... but those are equally as far fetched. the third one references a sharpshooter by the name of 'Tag', and it`s the most logical sounding one. The fourth one is a three line paragraph about a person named 'Felix'..." Lin continued, with more professionalism in her voice now.

"Felix? Just Felix? That seems slightly odd... The other ones at least had titles for them." S said, opening up the console on his table, and skipping through the images of parchments, stone tablets, and journals. There was a picture of a scrap of paper, containing just a handful of disconnected symbols. S stared at the picture for a while. "Is it not connected to the other documents? Could 'Felix' be another name for this 'Tag' person?"

"Negative. Tag clearly is a methodical person, as indicated by the texts from the leather-bound journal images. 'Felix', as stated on the page, was a careless thief." Lin quickly answered.

"Ok... so that`s it? We just have to find these people, or what`s left of them..." S started to think loudly, but Lin interjected.

"There is one more. A medic, by the name of 'Tom'. His documents are the pictures of parchment rolls, and they mostly describe various medical tests, theories and methods."

"Ok... Five of them. Still... We have to find these people, and learn what we can from them." S finished his thought. "Can you decipher a location...? They should have something there..."

"I`ll try... The only one that has a clear location is Canoness Joanna... Seems she was in a religious group of some sort, and spent all her time on Earth... oddly enough she didn`t change her location much. She apparently lived and... died in... in a place called Snowfall Abbey..." Lin answered carefully, running over the data countless times to avoid error.

"Do we know where it is or was located?" S asked.

"No." Lin answered silently. "I`m sorry, but my data banks are lacking any information of any such places, anywhere in the Sol system."

"Alright... Seems like a trip to a library might not hurt too then..." S said, and sat back down on the bed. "How long till we reach Io?"

"About an hour, S." Lin answered, and fell silent.

The silence closed around the man, and his digital companion, as the ship slowly drifted towards Jupiter`s moon. Both stuck in their thoughts, and lacking any certain direction.

In the quiet of space a small ship floated through the emptiness. No sounds but the cold mechanical arms working all over the walls filled the space as nearly a dozen different bodies were being repaired. There was a computer; the screen was white with line upon line of code and commands flying through. That is until one message stopped the program cold.

A suit of armor, a Nyx, jerked it's head up as if waking from a deep sleep and walked over to the screen as it proudly displayed the new message. The text filled the screen, bringing the urgent message about this "Split/Hack" being loose. This of course intrigued the solitary machine and the ship started to change course.

Tem stretched it's influence, making more bodies start up and work around the ship as the hub, the Nyx warframe, stayed near the computer as lines of code started flying once more, along with the mechanical arms.

Venderalt got up from his stasis pod and groaned, clutching his head in his hand once the revival process Suda started had ended. The last thing he remembered was stumbling into the pod in a drunken stupor after completing a particularly difficult information retrieval mission for his Mistress Suda so it was a surprise for him to be woken up so quickly with a hangover.

"Uuuugh... Mistress Suda? What's going on?" he said, checking the time. "It's only been 10 hours since I got into this pod..."

"Venderalt, I have a new task for you. Intercept this target. Make whatever preparations you need for this task." said Suda, in her usual simple, matter-of-fact tone.

"Geez, not even a simple 'Good Morning Venderalt.' for your favourite operative today huh?" grumbled Venderalt as he shuffled his feet while he made his way to the showers in his quarters to freshen up. "Wouldn't kill you to throw some praise my way every now and then..."

"You were never one to care before."

"Just because I never say it out loud doesn't mean that I didn't care!" snapped Venderalt before sighing and smacking himself in the temple with his wrist to divert his attention from dull pain in his head. "I'm sorry for the insubordination, the headache from my hangover's getting to me my Mistress."

Suda was unperturbed by his remark and simply stated that she's forgiven him before soflty urging for him to hurry. Nodding and finishing up, he retrieved his equipment and left on his Liset.

A static noise interrupt Vortex from playing with the magnetic pieces on her suit, as Shu, her Cehpalon spoke up. "Operator, you have a new messa-.." And instantly stopped because of Vortex answring. "Show it up!" The poor Tenno leak from action was really shown, as she couldn't find a interesting mission to preform. After listening to the message few times, Shu spoke again. "Operator, it sounds extremely dangerous.. I wouldn't suggest-.." And cut off again by his operator. "Nonsense. Danger is my second name, and you know it damn well Shu." She said. "But... Operator... It IS a dangerous mission, and.. I will miss you!" The Cehpalon admitted, and got a laugh in return. "I'll leave my Kubrow here with you, I know how you like them." And the Cehpalon stopped talking, and started moving the Liest towards the coordinates given.

The Liset rocking started Kiesha awake.

"Cephalon Moll! What do you think you're doing?" the woman demanded in a sleepy voice.

"Your snoring was bothering me, Operator," was the reply. "Also, we are about two hours out from our coordinates and the operator was not responding to verbal inquiries."

Kiesha mumbled and rubbed her neck. "Do we have any data yet?"

"Not that wasn't already sent. I sent an inquiry on your behalf to Cephalon Suda."

"Yeah? What did Cephy have to say?"

"The Cephalon has no data that we don't already have, and she might be willing to share any she finds in the future--"

"For a price," Kiesha finished. "Pfft. Unless she's sending agents out there, which I really hope she doesn't cause of the unknown nature of the thing, I'm going to have more information than her."

Kiesha made her way to the navigation console and sat at it. "I'm hoping that other Tenno replied to this. I'm not a front-lines sort of girl."

"The operator knew that this mission was dangerous."

"Shut up, you lazy pile of data." Kiesha got up again. "Tell me when we're close. I'm going to make sure that I have my things in order."

Balthazar began to do a sweep and a scan for any other Tenno lisets that were venturing out towards his destination,  sending out a moving beacon on an encrypted channel, the channel most Tenno would use.

He also put in a message "Too all Tenno listening to this, This is Tenno Balthazar, I am approaching an Asteroid belt said to harbour a Tenno in distress, anyone near these co-ordinates please respond." 

The Beacon was send and raised from his Liset, while Balthazar quickly got his warframe on and checked to See if his belt, Klova was ready for action.

After a while of flying, Vortex easily got bored, and started to wander inside the Liset.

"Operator, may you please sit down? It isn't safe for you to stand up whi-..." And cut again.

"Safety up my you know what." She mumbled and asked the Cehpalon. "How much time 'till we there Shu?" Vortex asked.

"We still have time Operator, but... I do think the operator is too young to preform such a dangerous mission, especially alone!" Which was kind of true. Vortex was young compare to other Tenno, but it doesn't say anything, she wasn't less skilled.

"Hush! Don't you say a word about my age or I will disconnect you from the community again, understand? And anyways, I don't believe I will be the only one there, doesn't seem likely."

"Yes operator, I understand, meanwhile, why not resting a bit? Operator haven't sleep in a while.."

"Good idea Shu, and I expect you to stay quiet as a Roller, understand?" And by those words, she drifted off to sleep while the Liset kept on track, missing the message that was sent by the Tenno.

Edited by NovaReptileor

"Operator, you have--!"

Kiesha dropped one of her Zoren as she jumped. Just a little. She wanted her Cephalon to tone it down just a little when they got messages. "MOLL! I swear to the Lotus if you EVER make me break one of these Zoren I'm gonna make you sorry for it!"

"Erm... Sorry, Operator." Moll sounded contrite for a few moments, then enthusiastically said, "There is a transmission coming through on the general channel."

"Alright, alright, filter it out. And NO, I don't want to know what the background radiation thinks before you ask."

Kiesha picked up her Zoren to place at her side as the transmission came through. She nodded. Good, so she wasn't alone in this. Either this would go smoothly, they'd tear each others throats out, or this Split/crack thing would eat them or something when they got there.

She responded, "Tenno Balthazar, this is Tenno Kiesha. I am in your approximate area responding to what may be the same distress call. I am available for communication if you so desire."

Edited by psychicandroid

Vortex woke up to the sound of alarm, being in panic she grabbed her Vasto and looked around. "What happened?!"

Shu said. "Sorry operator, but I needed you to wake up! You got a urgent transmission that need to he heard!"

She let out a groan and muttered. "Play it on already... I can't even get a 15 minute sleep..." The Tenno listened to Shu playing the transmission. "Told you I am not alone! You owe me 10 plats." She snickered.

"Operator, I... Cannot have plats. However, would you like to respond?" The Cehpalon asked.

"Yes please. Tenno Balthazar, this is Tenno Vortex. I am with you in this, I would like to stay in contact, if needed." She said and grabbed everything she needed, weapons, ammo, and of course, for emergency uses, Throwable shield drone. Gotta be safe.

"We`re here!" Lin chirped melodically.

"Why`re you so cheery?" S asked, while rubbing his eyes. He`d fallen in half-sleep, and was still quite groggy. The man noticed his clothes laying on the table on the other side of his bed. The drones had done a decent job. The outfit was still quite tattered, but at least it was noticeably cleaner than it was upon retrieval from the trunk.

"I`ve been on data streams with the closest libraries, and seems that there`s one on Jupiter itself, that`s run by a descendant of an original Earth-dweller... If it`s to be believed." the cephalon explained. "His 'Library', if it can be called that, houses many ancient earth artifacts. In my opinion, that`s the best we`ve got at the moment."

"That indeed is cheer-worthy." S nodded. "Ok, then... I`ll go see old commander Kal, and arrange for a paint job for-..."

"There is one more thing!" Lin interjected "I... umm... I did open a region comms channel for a bit to scan the radio chatter, while you we`re dozing..."

"You what!?" S spat out in surprise. "I told you to mask all outgoing comms, and leave only a drift beacon active."

"Yes, but you might be interested to hear, that there are Tenno ships closing in on the dojo`s wreckage." Lin hastily interjected. After a moment of silence, she continued. "I know you are displeased, but we can`t be stealthy and not pay attention to what`s happening around us. Those two don`t mix that way."

S muttered something about a 'damn machine', but after a moment activated the recording and listened to the chatter.

"Alright so this Kiesh..." he started to analyze what he had heard.

"Kiesha" Lin corrected him.

"... Kiesha..." S repeated with a slightly annoyed tone in his voice "And Balthazar... I`m not surprised to see Balthazar here... But what about the female. Can you profile her? I`d like to know what i`m up against, if they try to assault us."

"Sure thing, S. I`ll have her profile ready in 5 minutes." the cephalon said with an elevated tone of voice.

"Good... I`ll go get ready to meet the commander." S said, and started dressing.

"Operator, you have--!"

Kiesha dropped one of her Zoren as she jumped. Just a little. She wanted her Cephalon to tone it down just a little when they got messages. "MOLL! I swear to the Lotus if you EVER make me break one of these Zoren I'm gonna make you sorry for it!"

"Erm... Sorry, Operator." Moll sounded contrite for a few moments, then enthusiastically said, "There is a transmission coming through on the general channel."

"Alright, alright, filter it out. And NO, I don't want to know what the background radiation thinks before you ask."

Kiesha picked up her Zoren to place at her side as the transmission came through. She nodded. Good, so she wasn't alone in this. Either this would go smoothly, they'd tear each others throats out, or this Split/crack thing would eat them or something when they got there.

and responded, "Tenno Balthazar, this is Tenno Kiesha. I am in your approximate area responding to what may be the same distress call. I am available for communication if you so desire."

Vortex woke up to the sound of alarm, being in panic she grabbed her Vasto and looked around. "What happened?!"

Shu said. "Sorry operator, but I needed you to wake up! You got a urgent transmission that need to he heard!"

She let out a groan and muttered. "Play it on already... I can't even get a 15 minute sleep..." The Tenno listened to Shu playing the transmission. "Told you I am not alone! You owe me 10 plats." She snickered.

"Operator, I... Cannot have plats. However, would you like to respond?" The Cehpalon asked.

"Yes please. Tenno Balthazar, this is Tenno Vortex. I am with you in this, I would like to stay in contact, if needed." She said and grabbed everything she needed, weapons, ammo, and of course, for emergency uses, Throwable shield drone. Gotta be safe.

"Operator, You have two reponses from your beacon!" chirped Aldin while Balthazar's helmet closes over his head and his pelt attaches to his warframe. He quickly opened up the messages, Two Tenno had responded to his beacon, "Excellent!" Balthazar responded as he read Kiesha and Vortex's names. He quickly attempted to Hail them.

"This is Tenno Balthazar, Am I speaking to Kiesha and Vortex?" asked the Dragon of Phobos. Hoping to hear a response, almost approaching the destination.

"Operator! Operator, there's--"

"Moll, Open the channel and please sit your &#! down and act like you're the advanced AI you are."

"Yes, Operator." The cephalon opened the channel and thankfully, Kiesha's patience with the AI was not tested again.

"This is Tenno Kiesha. You're coming in clear, Tenno Balthazar. As are you... Vortex, was it?" Kiesha replied. She looked up, a silent warning to her Cephalon to stay quiet. "Do either of you have any more information than the bulletin that The Lotus sent out on this Split/crack or the dojo we're investigating?"

She waited for a response from both, having a seat at navigation as they made their approach. She drummed her fingers on one knee. She was hoping they did, because she felt like she was running into this Mission blind.

"To all Tenno listening to this, This is Tenno Balthazar, I am approaching an Asteroid belt said to harbour a Tenno in distress, anyone near these co-ordinates please respond."

"How far away are we, Curry?"

The Cephalon let out a loud burst of static sighs. "My name is Currum, Operator, not a pre-Orokin spice! As regards your question, we're quite close, almost 100 kilometers."

"Almost 100?" That was surprising. Uriel usually received distress messages long after they had been sent, and any forays into the source sector revealed almost nothing... except for that one occasion in which the area was littered with the shriveled remains of hundreds of Kubrow. It was a very disturbing sight, one which Uriel saw first hand when he surveyed the area with his Elytron. Glazed, sunken eyes were wide open, jaws open mid-yelp.

Either way, he could afford to pause the hunt in order to save a fellow Tenno.

"It's actually 99.45 kilometers, but I simplified it."

Uriel sent out his own message in return.

"This is Tenno Uriel. I am headed your way." The Rhino Prime motioned Currum to travel towards the Chroma's Liset location. "What is the situation?"

"How far away are we, Curry?"

The Cephalon let out a loud burst of static sighs. "My name is Currum, Operator, not a pre-Orokin spice! As regards your question, we're quite close, almost 100 kilometers."

"Almost 100?" That was surprising. Uriel usually received distress messages long after they had been sent, and any forays into the source sector revealed almost nothing... except for that one occasion in which the area was littered with the shriveled remains of hundreds of Kubrow. It was a very disturbing sight, one which Uriel saw first hand when he surveyed the area with his Elytron. Glazed, sunken eyes were wide open, jaws open mid-yelp.

Either way, he could afford to pause the hunt in order to save a fellow Tenno.

"It's actually 99.45 kilometers, but I simplified it."

Uriel sent out his own message in return.

"This is Tenno Uriel. I am headed your way." The Rhino Prime motioned Currum to travel towards the Chroma's Liset location. "What is the situation?"

"Operator! Operator, there's--"

"Moll, Open the channel and please sit your ! down and act like you're the advanced AI you are."

"Yes, Operator." The cephalon opened the channel and thankfully, Kiesha's patience with the AI was not tested again.

"This is Tenno Kiesha. You're coming in clear, Tenno Balthazar. As are you... Vortex, was it?" Kiesha replied. She looked up, a silent warning to her Cephalon to stay quiet. "Do either of you have any more information than the bulletin that The Lotus sent out on this Split/crack or the dojo we're investigating?"

She waited for a response from both, having a seat at navigation as they made their approach. She drummed her fingers on one knee. She was hoping they did, because she felt like she was running into this Mission blind.

Vortex responded. "Vortex speaking, Hearing you clear as Earth's Sky, Balthazar." She went to make final checking. "Can you hear me?" She sounded excited. Maybe too much.

"Loud and clear" replied the Dragon of Phobos to Vortex, He frowned a bit under his helmet at the unusual warframe she wore but he disregarded the thought for the moment. He was glad that he found two Tenno but while he began to explain the plan "I plan to head to this Dojo to locate this Se..." 

"Operator! Another Transmission has reached us!"

Balthazar raised an eyebrow and quickly checked the message, opening it up before responding back with *Investigating abandoned Dojo for lost Tenno.*

"Ah, another Tenno's responded, hang on, let me see if I can bring him up, Aldin, give me a hand here!." Balthazar quickly began to input a command to hopefully bring Uriel into the conversation with the help of his Cephalon. 

Edited by Drakeardian

Meanwhile, onboard Venderalt's Liset, Nazira the Cephalon grew restless while her partner flew the spacecraft to the location of the signal.

"You think we'd get spotted?" She asked, speaking to him through a holographic avatar from a nearby display.

"I don't know, would we get spotted?" Said Venderalt sarcastically with a smile, asking a rhetorical question.

"I'm asking you a question."

"Yeah, you are. You're asking a stupid question." He said, unable to stop himself from chuckling. "You're supposed to be managing the cyberwarfare suites, its in your job description!"

Nizara let out a soft "Oh." before turning her holographic avatar off in embarrassment while she started the electronic warfare countermeasures that were in place in the Liset's hardware and software structure.

"We nearing the target yet?" Asked Venderalt a while later.

"Yes, attempting to blend into background cosmic radiation." Said Nazira. "Putting up Mistress Suda's signature on our IFF just in case."

"Good work, just keep doing what you're doing. We'll be done just in time to get wasted and then woken up by the Mistress for another special assignment." He said, grumbling at the last part.

Edited by MetroFallout

"...atch a Kubrow by the toe, if it hollers let it- Excellent." Uriel smiled as the systems synchronized. "Good days to you, Tenno Balthazar. And if you don't mind me asking, was this abandoned Dojo former property of the Shadow of a Star clan?"

He also put in a message "Too all Tenno listening to this, This is Tenno Balthazar, I am approaching an Asteroid belt said to harbour a Tenno in distress, anyone near these co-ordinates please respond." 

There wasnt a clear response from one of the ships, sounding like a mismash of dozens of voices saying different phrases.

"HEllo. approaching. Location. NOW. TENNO. Balthazar. enroute to location." Males, females, children, Grineer and even Balthazars voice was played back in a direct (yet poorly put together) message.

From the deepness of space, one single ship was flying at high speed into the emptiness, a bright orange energy trail following Cipher's Liset.

While moving past what seems to be the wreckage of an ancien ship, Cipher slowly approach the navigation console of his ship, still covered by his longcoat. From the tips of his fingers, he tapped on an holo-console, bringing up multiple screen-like windows into the holographic projector of the Liset's cockpit.

The screens were showing multiple records and data reports from around the sector of the Dojo coordinates, nothing interesting enough to give out hints or anything usefull.

Cipher keept looking at the different screens before the singular voice of his Cephalon tonned out once more:

- "Cipher, we are approaching the coordinates, I'm picking up multiple signals from others Tenno ships, should I contact them?" Asked Core in a professional way.

The cloaked Vauban stood there for a minute, before wiping away the screen from a quick gesture of his hands, he turned on his heels, towards a smaller console on the left-right corner of the cockpit, without a word, a 'pushed' a single holographic button, bringing up a channel transmission program ; able to connect to protected coms channels without being noticed.

Cipher listenend to the diverses Tennos brought here by the Lotus, before asking in his modified voice;

- "Core, send them our coordinates and open the communication channel they are using."

The Cepahlon replied with a static noise, linking the channel to Cipher's helmet's coms, letting him speak directly.

"My name is Cipher, from orders of the Steel Meridian, I'm here to assist you in this hunt ; I'm approaching the designated coordinates."