Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Decurion: Feelsl Like My Tenno Is Drunk As F

Drasiel

I love the look of the Dual Decurion and I as really excited to try them out. That ended abruptly the first time I used them.

The only thing I can compare the feeling of using the dual decurion to is: my Tenno has become drunk to the point of falling down and then decided a space mission would be a really good idea.

The multi direction at random recoil is the single worst feel I have encountered in this game.

Attempting to compensate for the recoil (which seems to be impossible) quickly brings on a headache and makes me feel nauseous.

The weapon is horrendously inaccurate at long distance and middle distance, and spotty at best at close range.

Firing in bursts to alleviate the recoil is completely ineffectual. Firing at the rate of a very slow semi automatic is the only way to prevent the horrendous recoil. At which point one can't help but wonder why these are automatic to begin with.

I can't actually tell if these weapons are any good in their other aspects because their accuracy due to the recoil is so abysmal.

As it stands these weapons are a complete waste of time at worst, and the most terrible mastery fodder weapon I've encountered at best. Consider the low amount of Archwing weaponry this is very sad to encounter.

Either the recoil needs to be removed completely or changed into a single direction that can be compensated for with basic shooter skills. Please, think of the space children.

I liked them. They sounded great, and really felt like I could hit something with them. My teammates didn't though. Because I couldn't. :( But they still need to be ranked up further I think. And not shooting things is more peaceful. You just aim a wee bit to the side and you got a longer game.

The Dual-Decurions were best when they were Semi-Auto, but the PC players complained and we got Full-Auto....then the people complaining about them being Semi-Auto went "You kept the recoil, ugh...worst gins ever...never using again..."

Or something like that.

The only Arch-gun I equip are the Dual-Decurions and I fire them in a Semi-Auto fashion unless I'm shooting at an Ogma.

I find them to be more accurate if not zooming in: just aim little dot on an enemy if you see enemy health bar-> tap no need to lead a target. Just trace and tap. Because of Hit-scan with no damage fall-off it works at all ranges unless you are holding the trigger.

If using any form of automatic fire with Dual-Decurions...might as well close your eyes and give a

I already complined about this shortly after they were introduced and nothing changed ever sicne. We have to wait for near a year like with a braton prime I think. Probably longer because noone plays archwing.

I just don't understand: if they wanted to make a weapon that is pinpoint accurate with single shots but less accurate in full auto why couldn't they make it so accuracy reduces with time without involving vomit-inducing screenshake?

Edited by Repligon

• 1 month later...

Quite literally, melee weapons have a greater effective range than these guns.  The only way to reliably hit a target while firing auto is to be humping its face while you shoot it.  Why do these even have auto fire?

I challenge the devs to play 4 rounds of Earth: Erpo using only unlevelled Dual Decurions, and then come away saying that the whole experience wasn't utterly painful, and they don't need some major changes.

Edited by polarity

Quite literally, melee weapons have a greater effective range than these guns. The only way to reliably hit a target while firing auto is to be humping its face while you shoot it. Why do these even have auto fire?

I challenge the devs to play 4 rounds of Earth: Erpo using only unlevelled Dual Decurions, and then come away saying that the whole experience wasn't utterly painful, and they don't need some major changes.

They were originally Semi-auto and then the PC community complained until they were made Full-auto....retaining their recoil from Semi-auto.

These were more reasonable with Semi-auto.

They are accurate short or long range if trying to use them as Semi-auto and not zooming, bit just hip-firing.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

They were originally Semi-auto and then the PC community complained until they were made Full-auto....retaining their recoil from Semi-auto.

These were more reasonable with Semi-auto.

They are accurate short or long range if trying to use them as Semi-auto and not zooming, bit just hip-firing.

It's wierd that zooming in seems to be such a huge negative for these guns. I have such a hard time firing them at a semi-auto pace. My mouse button is too sensitive D:

You know who was drunk? The guy that put that description on this pistols

"Delivering twin streams of highly accurate, rapid-fire ordnance, the Decurion are specifically designed for combat in the vacuum of space."