The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

General Thread: 'catbrow' Naming Brainstorm.

[DE]Rebecca

Hey umm here are my ideas figured  would just make my own post on it =D

(1)i was thinking you could name them after the Venka, since it has 3 Claws and they have 3 Claw like things, could just edit the Codex and say that the design was someone what based on their claws and how they fought (maybe another venka stance with it or a mod/augment for val to change her fighting style to an all 4s fighting style or something ).

(2) Name them Valkyries, since it seems that you are bringing out the Pre - Alad Val Skin which looks a tad like a cat, you could bring them out with it. In a little note somewhere you can say that the Original Vals where the tamers of the Valkyries.

just my thoughts....

How bout "Jaggers"? It's a play on Jaguar, which is a cat as well as a car company (but mainly about the cat). Just a possible thought. Although Bejuizb's "Bidaari" has more of a Warframe ring to it.

~Atlasuir

How bout "Jaggers"? It's a play on Jaguar, which is a cat as well as a car company (but mainly about the cat). Just a possible thought. Although Bejuizb's "Bidaari" has more of a Warframe ring to it.

~Atlasuir

This just makes me think of...

(Alternatively, of giant robots piloted by two people. Jaegers?)

This just makes me think of...

(Alternatively, of giant robots piloted by two people. Jaegers?)

I never thought of that, but now I can't not think of it! That would be so ironic. (not to mention all the parody videos that would spawn as a result!)

Sekyr

In the same devstream as the catbrows, Valkyr's much anticipated feline origin appearance was previewed. In my mind this presents an excellent opportunity to do some lore building. If space cats are called *something*-kyr then Valkyr's name works double duty with her feline characteristics.

As for the 'Se' part of my suggestion, I just took the easy route led by Valkyr's Bastet alternate helmet to some Egyptian mythology. Bast, Bastet, Cat goddess of protection, Sekhmet was another cat goddess, the goddess of fire, war, vengeance, menstruation and medicine(according to the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekhmet). The menstruation bit might be a little hard to work with but the rest are excellent themes for a new Tenno companion! Vengeance has an added Valkyr tie-in bonus!

So I ended up with 'Sekyr'. Sounds warframey, and ties a bit of lore together. This is my suggestion, I hope it gets some views all the way down here on page 25! :3

Edited by BoltWarden

Sekyr

In the same devstream as the catbrows, Valkyr's much anticipated feline origin appearance was previewed. In my mind this presents an excellent opportunity to do some lore building. If space cats are called *something*-kyr then Valkyr's name works double duty with her feline characteristics.

As for the 'Se' part of my suggestion, I just took the easy route led by Valkyr's Bastet alternate helmet to some Egyptian mythology. Bast, Bastet, Cat goddess of protection, Sekhmet was another cat goddess, the goddess of fire, war, vengeance, menstruation and medicine(according to the wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sekhmet). The menstruation bit might be a little hard to work with but the rest are excellent themes for a new Tenno companion! Vengeance has an added Valkyr tie-in bonus!

So I ended up with 'Sekyr'. Sounds warframey, and ties a bit of lore together. This is my suggestion, I hope it gets some views all the way down here on page 25! :3

I like it. 

This for the Tenno ones works for me. I still like Bidaar for the Grineer ones.

Also, do the feral ones have to be called feral whatevers, or could we switch it up, call the feral ones on word, tamed ones another, and Grineer ones another still.

SO Crappy Catbrows DIGITAL extremes Can not Invent A Cats looking like a Powerfull Pumas Tigers and Lions will make them  that Skinney with a Sticks Tinny Legs  Im Dissapointed !  DIGITAL EXTREMES `s EPIC  FAIL = Catbrows Ugly FAILURES CRAPPY LOOK   RIDICULOUSLY JUNKY VISION and COLLOSALLY  THERRIBLE ! Rethink  your Crappy Catbrows please Otherwise  u start to Makes a  GIANT  POOPS like these Poopy Catbrows! If u  put these poops into the  game i WIll never use a poop like a Companyon Sorry!

Edited by M.A.D.EvolutioN.W.M.D.

SO Crappy Catbrows DIGITAL extremes Can not Invent A Cats looking like a Powerfull Pumas Tigers and Lions will make them  that Skinney with a Sticks Tinny Legs  Im Dissapointed !  DIGITAL EXTREMES `s EPIC  FAIL = Catbrows Ugly FAILURES CRAPPY LOOK   RIDICULOUSLY JUNKY VISION and COLLOSALLY  THERRIBLE ! Rethink  your Crappy Catbrows please Otherwise  u start to Makes a  GIANT  POOPS like these Poopy Catbrows! If u  put these poops into the  game i WIll never use a poop like a Companyon Sorry!

your post gave me cancer.