Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Skana Vs Dakra Prime

Cloud

So let's discuss about those 2 weapons. 

I've made some tests and Dakra prime results slighty better. 

Used a critical build for both weapons:

Prisma:

Pressure point, Organ Shatter, true Steel, Bright Purity, Buzz Kill, Jagged Edge, Spoiled Strike, Berseker.

Dakra prime:

Pressure point, Organ Shatter, true Steel, Shocking Touch (lvl4), Buzz Kill, Jagged Edge, Spoiled Strike, Berseker.

Results on an Infested Healer lvl 95 on simulacrum:

Prisma deal 30-35k critical damage

Dakra deals 40-50k critical damage

I've not experienced a great difference in crit chance. The only way in which Prisma come close to Dakra is for the aoe and heal buff.

Those were my tests , i would like to hear ur thoughts.

Edited by LordCloud00

Dakra is better for pure dps if you're only using it sometimes like for Life Strike. While Prisma Skana excels at sustained dps when using full melee due to because of the Berserker mod. The Coiling Impale finisher from Crimson Dervish is amazing when used along with Berserker mod. The Skana is slightly better for mobility too.

For Dakra Prime, you shouldn't build it for crits. Use raw damage build (might want to add a Life Strike.)

Edited by Jangkrik

Dakra is better for pure dps if you're only using it sometimes like for Life Strike. While Prisma Skana excels at sustained dps when using full melee due to because of the Berserker mod. The Coiling Impale finisher from Crimson Dervish is amazing when used along with Berserker mod. The Skana is slightly better for mobility too.

For Dakra Prime, you shouldn't build it for crits. Use raw damage build (might want to add a Life Strike.)

OP used berserker in both of the builds. Skana is only slightly more reliable with the higher crit, but with the crit build OP used, you are unlikely to notice the difference.

I believe a better build for the Skana would be...

Pressure Point

Fury

True steel

Organ Shatter

Berserker

Bright Purity

Elementals (2x)

This build seems to give me great results. The Skana deals very high crit damage, the augment keeps your health up so Life Strike is not needed, and the speed is amazing.

Your words are no sense without posting what, according to you, it's a proper build.

I didn't, cause some people above have posted proper builds. You are using Slash damage mods on Prisma Skana which will result in less damage compared to when you put pure elemental damage mods.

Your tests are pretty useless with your current build. Please use a proper build

This is exactly. Sorry, unless you plan on only going with 4x CP teams you're not gonna kill S#&$ in a high level void with this build. Also, stop using freaking True Steel on anything that isn't a "Dual X" Melee. It's a terrible mod.

Prisma Skana has higher crit chance than Dakra Prime, which means you get crits more often, even though the damage is lower.

So much for theory, lets wait for actual number from warframe-builder.com

This is exactly. Sorry, unless you plan on only going with 4x CP teams you're not gonna kill S#&$ in a high level void with this build. Also, stop using freaking True Steel on anything that isn't a "Dual X" Melee. It's a terrible mod.

So, having one in three hits as opposed to one in five hits crit is useless? With a max crit multiplier of 3.8, that's a considerable increase in damage. Sure, it's not 2/5, but it's not that much difference. Enough to make a large difference on Prisma Skana and Scindo Prime.

So, having one in three hits as opposed to one in five hits crit is useless? With a max crit multiplier of 3.8, that's a considerable increase in damage. Sure, it's not 2/5, but it's not that much difference. Enough to make a large difference on Prisma Skana and Scindo Prime.

Or course it makes a difference, but it is still outclassed by basically every dps mod you could replace it with. You can do the math right?

i am still waiting for a proof of which is the best build for primsa skana. i am confused.

Highest DPS + endgame utility is Pressure Point, Bright Purity, Berserker, Focus Energy, 3x90% elemental and Life Strike at r0 or r1, running corrosive cold.

Organ Shatter instead of a 3rd 90% elemental provides a tiny bit more dps on regular strikes, but Crimson Dervish's rmb combo triggers a finisher at the end that does not use crit so i'd rather pump this up.

Damage will then be 35*(1+1.2+1)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9+0.9) +  35*(1+1.2+1)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9+0.9) * 0.2 * 1  = 578 / hit

Or, when using Organ Shatter: 35*(1+1.2+1)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9) +  35*(1+1.2+1)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9) * 0.2 * 2.8 = 594 / hit

For comparison, with True Steel: 35*(1+1.2+1)*(1+0.6+0.9)+  35*(1+1.2+1)*(1+0.6+0.9) * 0.32 * 2.8 = 531 / hit

any questions?

EDIT: i'll just do the Dakra too. You won't have Bright Purity but you also won't run Spoiled Strike since it's terrible (especially on the slow Crimson Dervish) so just add Fury. Since I've disregarded Berserker (and the stance bonus) before you can still simulate the dps gain from Fury assuming a fully stacked Berserker (=+75% attack speed) like this : (175+30)/175= 1.17, so 17% dps gain.

Dps will be as follows:

(60*(1+1.2)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9+0.9) +  60*(1+1.2)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9+0.9) * 0.15 * 0.5 ) * 1.17 = 714

So the dakra will have 714/594 = 20% more dps.

Another thing to consider is that when going for melee runs you usually take the Steel Charge aura which adds 60% additive base damage. This devaluates the advantage the Skana gets from Bright Purity. Taking the highest dps builds with including Steel Charge gives:

Skana: 35*(1+1.2+1+0.6)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9) +  35*(1+1.2+1+0.6)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9) * 0.2 * 2.8 = 705

Dakra: (60*(1+1.2+0.6)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9+0.9) +  60*(1+1.2+0.6)*(1+0.6+0.9+0.9+0.9) * 0.15 * 0.5 ) * 1.17 = 909

With this, the Dakra now has 909/714 =  29% more dps

So that's the dps difference when grinding on an enemy. There's two more things to consider:

1) Prisma Skana gets the Purity proc. This being corrosive damage, it's highly useful for clearing lower level Grineer/Infested, and even later in the game for getting the Corrosive Proc on surrounding enemies.

2) Crimson Dervish's rmb combo triggers a finisher attack at the end. This will become more and more important as you get into the endgame as the armor ignore is incredibly useful since enemies get to 90-95% damage reduction. This puts the Dakra ahead again, since its dps comes less from crits and more from higher base damage, and only the latter improves finisher damage.

So to sum it up, for low and mid level i'd recommend Prisma Skana, and for high level, like endless t3/4 voids Dakra Prime.

Edited by Dunkingmachine