Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Deserves More Armour

rroorr

I consider banshee to be the most squishiest frame of all... why?

Lowest armor with few others, but all of them have at least one defensive ability with dmg reduction or complete negation.

trinity - link and heal

Nyx - absorb

volt - shield

zephyr - turbulence (it has its issues)

While some frames with 50 ar miss such skills, they tend to have some nice augments (absorb on novas amd)...

Banshee is only ar15 with only cc to keep her alive...

boom too short range

silence could use longer stager

Will higher ar help her? Dont think so. I hope for some nice augment....

I fail to see how extra Armor will do anything. All it is, is a non-linear percentage damage mitigation to health and needs really high numbers to be of actual use.

You could triple it and the places that killed you before will kill you in exactly the same way. You would not "gain" an extra 3-4 seconds of life by higher armour on Banshee, you simply would have an extra 1 in 100 "oh crap" moments that instead of dropping you might leave you on 10-30 health remaining, and a slight chance at hiding around a corner to at least get shields back.

WYi87FU.jpg

no, any frame that can potentially do this amount of damage does not need an armor boost.

You never need so much damage .... 50k damage is more, by a very big margin, than enough to kill any enemy(3 figures level included).I can deal that damage with Ash .....

Because of the low survivability Banshee has ..... I still call her useless ...... all that damage means nothing if you don't get the chance to apply it.

You never need so much damage .... 50k damage is more, by a very big margin, than enough to kill any enemy(3 figures level included).I can deal that damage with Ash .....

Because of the low survivability Banshee has ..... I still call her useless ...... all that damage means nothing if you don't get the chance to apply it.

She's not a great solo frame for that reason, but she shines in teams because other frames can help CC enemies so everyone can apply that damage. Bastille + Sonar is still a godly combo.

I disagree with the players who say that she's absolutely fine as she is, but she's far from useless.

Edited by Noble_Cactus

Right?!

I keep seeing a bunch of threads about how ______'s armor is too low and needs to be bumped up from 15 to 65 or something like that. Like, a change from a ~5% damage reduction to a whopping ~17% damage reduction. Does that really do anything for typical frames in lategame when the only enemies whose damage we actually care about can kill you in one or two hits?

Considering that we all try to avoid damage anyways, does anyone really notice the difference? Aside from true tanks like Valkyr and Chroma (and other armor-involved frames like Frost), I never pay attention to my frame's armor at all because the difference between having 1 armor and 100 armor is, in actual gameplay, piddly at best. Armor boosts like these give a bit more wiggle room against common fodder enemies, but it means diddly squat against Nullifiers and Bombards whose damage comes in chunks too large for a 20-25% boost in effective health to matter.

The game is NOT balanced around endgame. People complain about the wacky balance in endgame enough that you'd think that would be obvious. Plus I'm pretty sure DE have said as much on several occasions. Warframes are balanced around the star chart, not endless T4s. So yes, although 15/65 armor in T4 endless is virtually the same, that is absolutely not the case on the star chart.

I love Banshee and I still play her a fair amount. I am a bit ambivalent about this suggestion. On the one hand I think a small armor buff would help her out a little and she could certainly use it in star chart missions. On the other hand, *some* frames need to have 'zero' armor. Otherwise 65 will become the new 'zero' where no damage of any kind will ever do more than -17% damage to Tenno. At that point you might as well just reduce the enemy's damage output by 17% and set all those frames to 0 armor, since it results in the same thing.

The game is NOT balanced around endgame. People complain about the wacky balance in endgame enough that you'd think that would be obvious. Plus I'm pretty sure DE have said as much on several occasions. Warframes are balanced around the star chart, not endless T4s. So yes, although 15/65 armor in T4 endless is virtually the same, that is absolutely not the case on the star chart.

I love Banshee and I still play her a fair amount. I am a bit ambivalent about this suggestion. On the one hand I think a small armor buff would help her out a little and she could certainly use it in star chart missions. On the other hand, *some* frames need to have 'zero' armor. Otherwise 65 will become the new 'zero' where no damage of any kind will ever do more than -17% damage to Tenno. At that point you might as well just reduce the enemy's damage output by 17% and set all those frames to 0 armor, since it results in the same thing.

Debatable. With Raids pitting players against enemies that were once considered outside the game's intended scaling, it's become even harder than before to pin down what exactly DE wants to be "endgame." Especially considering how most of the Raid combat is focused around keeping enemies locked down more than just outright killing them.

Far as armor being insignificant...

Ive used Banshee for as long as I can remember. I use it aggressively, with claws and fists and shotguns and teeth gnashing and flying crotch kicks. I rarely die thanks to that emergency escape button, Sonic Boom, but I do get the crap kicked out of me, needing to use guerilla tactics to survive in solo. Knockdown the heavy, take out 2 or 3 minions while the heavy gets up, escape and come at them from a different angle, etc.

When I built Chroma, I headed into a t4 def with only steel fiber equipped. I played in the same aggressive way I use Banshee, and omg, it was like playing god mode. I never died, even the gunners and drones were having a hard time killing me. I would have been dead in 2 seconds if I were using Banshee, but all that armor let me stand there and be able to shoot back, instead of having to backflip up a wall and hide in a hole until the enemies had to reload.

More armor let me alter my playstyle, I could kill enemies faster, I could take more risks, mostly because the risk of dying was removed. Thats incredibly significant.

However, I think giving Banshee 60 armor or whatever is going to translate into squat. Itd be cool if Banshee could take 5 bombard rockets to the face, but right now I can only take like 2 before becoming a ninja stain on the wall and Im doing fine. She'd need to get like 120 armor for it to be a noticeble change.