Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atomos + Ruinous Extension = Pocket Amprex

DiosGX

I made this thing because it seemed like a fun MR fodder toy. Then I checked out Mogamu's vid where he showed off the Range booster for beam weapons. I farmed Jackal religiously to get that mod, and took it out for a spin.

At present, I'd say I actually like it BETTER than the Amprex. I use the Ampy because I like melting hordes of dudes quick-like on a frame that lacks wide area damage abilities. However, the Amprex has a few major shortcomings. Namely, being a beam weapon. This has left me to rely on the Vaykor Marelok for a while as a ranged, non-crit based weapon because the Amprex is useless in Infested Hives. No crit on them and lack of range means hitting the tumors is absurdly hard.

But now, there is a new chain-spread gun. I daresay with secondaries being able to achieve a much higher multishot rate, adding the range extension on this thing hardly hampers its damage at all. I can actually use other primary guns again now.

What I find most joy-inducing is that the Atomos actually has a moderately healthy base damage. It may be heat-based, but its basic damage output feels slightly above the Amprex so far.

If anyone else loves the Ampy and wants to try something new, get the range extender for the Atomos. It becomes a completely different gun, one capable of massive destruction. Rocking some Viral on it right now, and it's not shy about the status procing. Absolutely impressed with this gun. First reinforcement I've actually liked since the Serro.

o3o!

Shsssh............keep to yourself.It will be nerfed just like the synoid.

Exactly. I'm still hoping that no one finds out that the attica with thunderbolt kills Nullifiers up to level 70 with two hits, because I like my op things to be underused.

Edited by TwevOWNED