Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Iron Skin... R.i.p

Tattutattikawa

BUT the last change to rhino iron skin... WHY? Why i ask.

PvP. too hard to understand? introducing of pvp and sudden nerf of invincibility are two completely unrelated things, right?

Use your head sometimes.

Edited by n7snk

im writing this after i was on xini. was me playin on rhino n vauban. i just stood by while he cleared EVERYTHING until wave 10!!!!

So

- you r not telling the true here, or

- that vaubans u played with are complete .....

OR there is the possibility that having played for four months longer than you I have better weapons and mods and may be better acquainted with Rhino's powers and I don't simply rely on Iron Skin. Both Vauban's were using skype chat to talk to eachother and I think were 20+ level. But I just covered one side of the pod with stomp and blast whilst shooting everything in sight with a boltor. It isn't impossible.

@ TunaMayo: Again, this is feedback forum. My feedback is there is NO reason to pick Rhino instead of any other frame. If that's ok for you, so bee it its not ok form me and I want to let Dev team know.

20wave pug on outer terminus? This is what u brag about? You clear first 30 waves with Banshee solo in 4 man group. Period.

@n7snk: they stated clearly in patch notes that: THEY WONT DO ANY BALANCING AROUND PVP WHATSOEVER. So if they do not lie this is PVE nerf, un-called for not necessary and totally redundant.

Crap, you mean I can't God Mode with Rhino anymore?

How can I even play the game without 100% invincibility for a solid minute anymore? This is too much for me.

Nobody's complaining that rhino isn't completely invulnerable anymore. Learn to read. People are complaining that rhino was hard-nerfed and cannot be effective when compared to any other frame. I haven't actually seen a single post complaining about the damage reduction instead of complete invulnerability. What I have seen, and what damn near everyone with a brain has been saying is that iron skin is no longer beneficial due to it's lack of protections against ancients and high level content, and rhino's other abilities cannot adequately compensate for this change enough to set rhino apart from any other frame.

PvP. too hard to undertsand? introducing of pvp and sudden nerf of invincibility are two completely unrelated things, right?

Use your head sometimes.

go back to global agenda... oh wait.

Both you and OP are making assumptions and throwing around insults without taking into account that Rhino's Iron Skin is currently bugged. You ARE MEANT to be immune to knockbacks and Ancients, IT'S A BUG. That means when it gets fixed, your left with an 80% damage mitigation, which can still lead to a fairly tanky frame.

I actually went and tried Rhino on pluto (one of the corpus defence, with the long sidewalks) and still managed to go to 20 with PUGS and be a useful asset to the team (please note, we had no Frost). Stomp is hella useful for giving people a break.

The only issue I have with the current update, pre-Rhino fix (it will happen, don't worry), is that he has almost turned into a caster frame with his reliance on expensive powers.

If you don't want a challenge and don't want use Rhino until the hotfix, then don't. No one is making you, wait a few days. I thought I'd give it a go, try and make it work, and I did.

Actually, i came in when you and a few others were ragging on the op with insults and assanine remarks. I then took a steaming dump all over the arguments been made against his opinions by backing them up with cold hard facts.

What you don't seem to realize is that the only thing DE's mentioned as bugged about the rhino is knockdowns. They've not said one word regarding toxins or immunity to disruption. Currently iron skin works only on shields (if you have any left) and changing that to include immunity from disruptor drains, and 80%(or more) damage mitigation from direct damage to health would probably fix iron skin but still do nothing to fix the inherent issues with his 3rd and 4th powers that people were complaining about and making suggestions for changes to long before this latest update.

If the only issue you have with 7.11 is what it's done to the rhino you've not been paying much attention.

There's a whole slew of issues 7.11 introduced form movement mechanic problems, art issues, vauban's ability to 1shot vor (2100HP! Gone in an instant, that's not imbalanced as all hell, and speed reductions on ash and loki hitting a bit hard. to banshee being a bullet sponge for the 5 seconds it takes her to use her ultimate. (whether this last one is an issue i don't know- i have yet to test my banshee after the update but have seen level 30 banshees go down in the middle of an ultimate more than once since 7.11)

Nowhere have i stated that i don't expect rhino to be fixed.

Edit:

taking pugs to 20 on the easiest defense map there is means what exactly? I've taken pugs to 40 on outer terminus. This doesn't mean anything of relevance either. It has no bearing what-so-ever on the topic at hand. Your epeen doesn't matter to me, i have to sling mine over my shoulder and tuck it into my sock after wrapping it around my lato vandal 20 times just to keep it from poking holes in the moon.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

@n7snk: they stated clearly in patch notes that: THEY WONT DO ANY BALANCING AROUND PVP WHATSOEVER. So if they do not lie this is PVE nerf, un-called for not necessary and totally redundant.

i state that i'm the king of velociraptors in this post.

i will try to reason with you one more time.

here is a question: is there any other reason to nerf rhino right now, when it's known that pvp will be introduced within 2 weeks ?

answer it yes/no. i hope you are capable to provide simple answers to simple questions.

Edited by n7snk

i state that i'm the king of velociraptors in this post.

i will try to reason with you one more time.

here is a question: is there any other reason to nerf rhino right now, when it's known that pvp will be introduced within 2 weeks ?

answer it yes/no. i hope you are capable to provide simple answers to simple questions.

I think we can all at least agree that this guy's an idiot.

Nobody's complaining that rhino isn't completely invulnerable anymore. Learn to read. People are complaining that rhino was hard-nerfed and cannot be effective when compared to any other frame. I haven't actually seen a single post complaining about the damage reduction instead of complete invulnerability. What I have seen, and what damn near everyone with a brain has been saying is that iron skin is no longer beneficial due to it's lack of protections against ancients and high level content, and rhino's other abilities cannot adequately compensate for this change enough to set rhino apart from any other frame.

go back to global agenda... oh wait.

Actually, i came in when you and a few others were ragging on the op with insults and assanine remarks. I then took a steaming dump all over the arguments been made against his opinions by backing them up with cold hard facts.

What you don't seem to realize is that the only thing DE's mentioned as bugged about the rhino is knockdowns. They've not said one word regarding toxins or immunity to disruption. Currently iron skin works only on shields (if you have any left) and changing that to include immunity from disruptor drains, and 80%(or more) damage mitigation from direct damage to health would probably fix iron skin but still do nothing to fix the inherent issues with his 3rd and 4th powers that people were complaining about and making suggestions for changes to long before this latest update.

If the only issue you have with 7.11 is what it's done to the rhino you've not been paying much attention.

There's a whole slew of issues 7.11 introduced form movement mechanic problems, art issues, vauban's ability to 1shot vor (2100HP! Gone in an instant, that's not imbalanced as all hell, and speed reductions on ash and loki hitting a bit hard. to banshee being a bullet sponge for the 5 seconds it takes her to use her ultimate. (whether this last one is an issue i don't know- i have yet to test my banshee after the update but have seen level 30 banshees go down in the middle of an ultimate more than once since 7.11)

Nowhere have i stated that i don't expect rhino to be fixed.

I don't remember insulting OP at any point, I did summarise his argument in a rather immature manner yes, but not insulting.

I fail to see how you "dumped on all our arguments". To summarise, your post basically said:

No, Rhino is still bad, other frames are better, they do more damage.

Although the description of Rhino says he has "devastating offensive attacks" it is a well known fact that he is a CC frame, like Nyx, and therefore damage output cannot and should not be compared to other frames. Take Volt for example, "a potent alternative to gun play", but all he has is overload...

Sorry let me rephrase : the only issue i have with this update concerning Rhino....

I know the update has brought other bugs, they usually do.

This argument however is basically going no-where, we might as well wait til Wednesday for the livestream.

Sorry for the double post but just caught this comment. An idiot he may be, but is that too far from the truth?

You among many people do not see the point in the sudden Iron Skin nerf. The power has been like that since the game was released in alpha/closed beta. 

Is it a complete co-incidence that two immortality nerfs appear a week before clan duels?

Note: I am against PVP for Warframe, i think duelling will be a nice touch but will lose it's novelty very quickly.

It's not just the Iron Skin nerf though... From what I've gathered every invincibility mechanic is getting hit. AFAIK Mag's, Banshee's, Volt's invincibility during ulti casting animation is gone as well. I'm pretty sure Trinity is gonna get nerfed soon as well

thanks for calling me out. it surely does prove your point entirely and instantly, especially when you are inable to provide any counter-arguments or answer simple questions.

but hey, thats the only thing left. ah wait! there is one more: to call out person for grammar, when you are inable to reply ontopic.

Please, if you can't answer simple questions or provide any sensible reply, do not. You are just wasting my time on reading your come-off with nothing viable within. Hell, i can talk to 14 y/o if i want to have such argument, instead of more or less reasonable conversation, unless you are 14 y/o yourself.

here goes straight to the point reply:

It's not just the Iron Skin nerf though... From what I've gathered every invincibility mechanic is getting hit. AFAIK Mag's, Banshee's, Volt's invincibility during ulti casting animation is gone as well. I'm pretty sure Trinity is gonna get nerfed soon as well

Edited by n7snk

Sorry for the double post but just caught this comment. An idiot he may be, but is that too far from the truth?

You among many people do not see the point in the sudden Iron Skin nerf. The power has been like that since the game was released in alpha/closed beta. 

Is it a complete co-incidence that two immortality nerfs appear a week before clan duels?

Note: I am against PVP for Warframe, i think duelling will be a nice touch but will lose it's novelty very quickly.

There's an edit button that can help you avoid double-posting while adding content to your previous post.

Iron skin's nerf was not sudden, people have been QQing about it on the forums for a long time now. Suggestions have been made about it and all of rhino's other powers long before 7.11. Eventually crowd dispersion will 'suddenly' trigger in instances other than when between two or more inactive corpus turrets or when between two or more ancients. Priority of this change may have been affected by several causes, however- that's all speculation at this point. DE has already stated several times in many different places that they have no intention what-so-ever of balancing this game around PvP. Clan-dueling was likely introduced as a means to test the waters as well as to get people to stop crying for PvP in a currently PvE oriented game- but that too is speculation.

I don't remember insulting OP at any point, I did summarise his argument in a rather immature manner yes, but not insulting.

I fail to see how you "dumped on all our arguments". To summarise, your post basically said:

No, Rhino is still bad, other frames are better, they do more damage.

Although the description of Rhino says he has "devastating offensive attacks" it is a well known fact that he is a CC frame, like Nyx, and therefore damage output cannot and should not be compared to other frames. Take Volt for example, "a potent alternative to gun play", but all he has is overload...

Sorry let me rephrase : the only issue i have with this update concerning Rhino....

I know the update has brought other bugs, they usually do.

This argument however is basically going no-where, we might as well wait til Wednesday for the livestream.

That's some very poor paraphrasing. To summarize my previous points (of which there were really too many to summarize)

No, rhino's still broken, iron skin is one of 3 abilities that need to be fixed/reworked. rhino can't currently do anything (tank, CC or damage) anywhere near as effectively as other frames and there's currently no reason at all to use him over the other more effective frames.

Lets go ahead and paraphrase a couple of your previous remarks:

rhino fine, learn 2 play with broken frame

lulz i can do wave 20 on xini i'm somehow better than you

i eat soup with knife cuz pro - you use fork instead of spoon cuz bad

Funny how that approach works both ways ;-)

You're right about one thing- just like every other rhino thread this argument is going nowhere and we'll all just have to wait for a hotfix or livestream to answer our concerns.

thanks for calling me out. it surely does prove your point entirely and instantly, especially when you are inable to provide any counter-arguments or answer simple questions.

but hey, thats the only thing left. ah wait! there is one more: to call out person for grammar, when you are inable to reply ontopic.

Please, if you can't answer simple questions or provide any sensible reply, do not. You are just wasting my time on reading your come-off with nothing viable within. Hell, i can talk to 14 y/o if i want to have such argument, instead of more or less reasonable conversation, unless you are 14 y/o yourself.

Your post was too painful to read. nevertheless i have a response

Let me pose a simple question to you since you can't seem to understand. DE said less than two weeks ago that they have no intention of balancing this game or nerfing abilities and weapons for the sake of balancing pvp at all. What makes you think that this has suddenly changed?

to the other guy-

Mag is still invulnrable while casting crush, i haven't tested volt but no mention of it was made in notes or anywhere else.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

Your post was too painful to read. nevertheless i have a response

Let me pose a simple question to you since you can't seem to understand. DE said less than two weeks ago that they have no intention of balancing this game or nerfing abilities and weapons for the sake of balancing pvp at all. What makes you think that this has suddenly changed?

still avoiding answering my question because its obviously correct? and still trying to call me out?

seems like you have a hard times to admit it, but okay, i'm glad you did it, since you really have nothing to say against.

and this is why i will answer your question. yes. they did. in my eyes it could be a PR damage control.

i work at marketing & pr dept myself and i say alot of stuff when i talk to customers/partners. but i would not dare to tell what ammount of what i say is actually truth.

grow up. i got that you can't come up with anything more then blatant childrish pricking, but it's getting old since you repeat the same approach several times already and it's getting less amusing each time. try something more original since you can not admit your inability to dissaprove my point. or actually.. grow up? but i guess it will take 6-8 years in your case, but hey, if you are that young, atleast you are not hopeless since you can change later ahahahahaha

Edited by n7snk

still avoiding answering my question because its obviously correct? and still trying to call me out?

seems like you have a hard times to admit it, but okay, i'm glad you did it, since you really have nothing to say against.

and this is why i will answer your question. yes. they did. in my eyes it could be a PR damage control.

i work at marketing & pr dept myself and i say alot of stuff when i talk to customers/partners. but i would not dare to tell what ammount of what i say is actually truth.

That sounds about right for you. When update 8 rolls around and the only PvP is the clan dueling i'll happily come back here to this thread and rub this in your face. =)

So basicaly your point is that what cant be disproved is in fact a FACT and its real, unfortunately till now its just your opinion and nothing more. DA stated and this is proven black on white fact that they wont balance around PVP also if you watched livestream you clearly can hear them saying they dot want to take this PVP route too much anytime in the future.

first: answer yes/no if there were any other reasons to nerf rhino so suddenly? especailly when pvp was anounced.

second: did i ever mentioned any other kind of pvp within this thread? show me, or please, leave your imagination out.

third: if it seems like triangle and circle are different geometry shapes, but your lector says that it's the same, will you belive words of your lector or think for yourself, even tho lector may have a scientific degree.

"they said" lol. i have nothing against DE and they are great guys, but i do not blindly belive anything anybody say to me whatsoever, especially when its business related like customers and salesman interactions, since i work there and "making things sounds good" is significant part of my job.

ah almost missed, "rub in my face" ? my dear, thats me who got a bib for you, not other way around.

Edited by n7snk

nah, i rather believe random forum member...

you don't need to belive anyone.

one more try. you can do it, i'm sure you can make it.

is there any other reasons for sudden nerf and getting rid of invincibility? especailly when pvp was announced.

just asnwer this question to yourself and trust it. i'm sure you are atleast as smart to get the answer based on your observations.

first: answer yes/no if there were any other reasons to nerf rhino so suddenly? especailly when pvp was anounced.

second: did i ever mentioned any other kind of pvp within this thread? show me, or please, leave your imagination out.

third: if it seems like triangle and circle are different geometry shapes, but your lector says that it's the same, will you belive words of your lector or think for yourself, even tho lector may have a scientific degree.

"they said" lol. i have nothing against DE and they are great guys, but i do not blindly belive anything anybody say to me whatsoever, especially when its business related like customers and salesman interactions, since i work there and "making things sounds good" is significant part of my job.

ah almost missed, "rub in my face" ? my dear, thats me who got a bib for you, not other way around.

1. Immortality, even temporary immortality is considered by some to be OP, people have previously complained about iron skin being op on the forums in several different threads.

2. you've implied more than just the clan vs clan that EVERYONE knows is coming.

3. I can make an equilateral triangle from a circle, i can also do the inverse and make a circle from an equilateral triangle. They may not be the same shape but your argument, like your grasp of reality is horribly flawed. I guess that's why you work in marketing as a professional bullS#&$ter.

4. you don't believe anything anyone has to say, not even the company making the game. We should all give a F*** what you think why?

5. I'm not your 'dear'. People as dim as you are the very reason i support both abortion rights and the implementation of eugenics.

Edited by AnalogAnomaly

I'm on a Rhino hunger strike and refuse to log into warframe until this over nerf is fixed, now I could understand the devs not wanting you to go invincible for 2 minutes straight but wouldn't that have been better done by raising the energy cost  of Iron skin to 75-100 rather than making it worthless.

Rhino's Iron Skin is currently bugged and he is going to see fixes related to those bugs pretty soon!

He is a good big weaker now then he was meant to be after his nerf. Please hang in there! Patience is a valuable asset for any Beta Tester.

I'm just as eager as you guys to see him fixed.

Power management is one of the basic skills you should learn before leveling your warframe to max. If you bring up this I just cannot take your post seriously at all.

point still stays - THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO TAKE RHINO INSTEAD OF ANY OTHER FRAME.

Power management. 350 energy 1 iron skin costs 37 energy and lasts for 20 seconds. Only 3 minutes of complete immunity before blue orbs and energy siphon or energy vampire. Seems legit

Dont worry trinity will get his nerf.

As for frames with more useful skills, they dont have as much shields and hp and armor as you do. So what that bastille have longer range and lasts longer when vauban has same hp, 1/2 of your shields and nearly 1/4 of your armor and thats before mods. You have 2 d polarity slots to make use of these mods.