Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Replace Ambulas With A Giant Bursa, Replace Phorid With A Giant Juggernaut?

Tuxie

No. Please no. Phorid and Ambulas are both clearly placeholders, but I don't think all that many people want placeholders to be replaced by other "normal" units It's very lame to make some boss just a bigger version of another boss. Both of these bosses will be replaced by all new bosses and with the large amount of reworks DE has been doing this year, Ambulas' and Phorid's reworks are likely not all that far away.

Edited by painovoimaton

No. Please no. Phorid and Ambulas are both clearly placeholders, but I don't think all that many people want placeholders to be replaced by other "normal" units It's very lame to make some boss just a bigger version of another boss. Both of these bosses will be replaced by all new bosses and with the large amount of reworks DE has been doing this year, Ambulas' and Phorid's reworks are likely not all that far away.

They have been working on Kela De Thaym for the better part of 8+ months already and Tyl Regor likely equally as long. And J3 since lephantis. There have been no hints at other bosses except Nef and Derf. I can see another year  before we see Ambulas and Phorid, so a model bandaid for something at least designed to be bigger than the current placeholders would be nice.

Edited by Firetempest

Huh, there is also that tileset-is-the-boss new Golem which will be the first Archwing boss I guess. But archwing is a rancid, not-funny gameplay well below what Warframe deserves, I would put that on mothballs until the gameplay is revamped, to avoid having to rework boss mechanics later. 

I don't see downsides on replacing Phorid with a Juggernaut Behemoth and have non-behemoth-sized juggernauts scattered on levels. 

Likewise, Ambulas could be replaced with a Bursa pack. 

I'd also give our lonely Sargas Ruk the ability to spawn Maniacs too! (all Grineer bosses should spawn Maniacs really).

Edited by -TP-BrazilianJoe

I would prefer they got their own models rather than just rescaling other enemies, which is exactly what they did before.

I'm surprised OP received so many likings...I guess we do live in the age of gaming recycle 

I'm surprised OP received so many likings...I guess we do live in the age of gaming recycle 

I'm not surprised, because he's suggesting a simple way to make those two bosses more interesting until they're remade. Simple. Not that there should never be a remake of those two.

I'm not surprised, because he's suggesting a simple way to make those two bosses more interesting until they're remade. Simple. Not that there should never be a remake of those two.

Exactly, I don't want people to think I'd like this to be a permanent solution to the bosses, but they'd make a lot more sense and seem a ton less lazy than what we have now.