Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Only Me Who Thinks Lex Prime Needs Some Love From De?

Evansmaan

Lex Prime is Handcannon type Pistol. One Shot, One Kill.

Vaykor Marelok is another Handcannon Pistol. One of the best selling Syndicate Items.

Okay then.... the role is similar, and what's the problem with that? Stop being jealous! There are many other weapons like this case.

Seriously, the only thing Lex Prime better than Vaykor Marelok is that the Critical Multiplier is 0.5x higher. (2.0x vs 1.5x) (I don't have anything to say if you love Crit Build for Lex P)

Oh, one more thing. Fire rate is 0.1 faster :D (2.1 vs 2.0)

And... Lex Prime is puncture based, while Marelok is based on Impact.

And the other stats are same or lower than Vaykor Marelok.

Critical Chance 20% Same

Damage 85 vs 160

Status Chance 20% vs 35%

Reload 2.3s vs 1.7s

Magazine Size 8 vs 10

Awesome Animation

I know many people like Lex Prime and bring them at their missions(includes me... MOAR FORMAS), but man, DE should give love too.

Buffing stats would be good, but what I most want is AK version(a bit weaker than Vakyor Marelok, but makes up with Clip Size). Give love to Lex Prime!

edit: I know Vaykor Marelok is 'a bit more hard to get' than Lex Prime.

You just need plats and reach MR2 to trade. Vaykor Marelok? Reach MR6 and trade :). Lex definitely needs love.

(Of course, farming Lex against RNG is much easier than spending a 'minimum time' only to reach Rank 5 to get access.)

Edited by Evansmaan

Isn't lex prime MR0 requirement? Or MR2?

Vaykor is "more difficult" to obtain due to syndicate requirements, and I'm fairly certain it's MR6? Whereas the Lex Prime is an easy-to-obtain newbie gun since everybody has a billion lex parts and have for the last year. It's fine the way it is. We have tiered weapons for a reason, even if the tiers aren't that important... usually.

Edited by DiosGX

i have a spare lex prime just in case ak lex prime really does come out

Oh hey another tenno just like me :3..actually I built 2 extra ones as to not fuse my five forma lex prime into the aklex prime....if and when they decide to release it 

Nerf Marelok to ~120 damage (same as Grinlok)

Reduce reloadspeed of Lex P to 1.5 seconds or so

Give Lex P innate minor punchthrough (like 0.2 meters or so)

Possibly, MAYBE give Lex P slightly higher critchance

There ya go, different innate strengths.

Isn't lex prime MR0 requirement? Or MR2?

Vaykor is "more difficult" to obtain due to syndicate requirements, and I'm fairly certain it's MR6? Whereas the Lex Prime is an easy-to-obtain newbie gun since everybody has a billion lex parts and have for the last year. 

I could replace Vaykor by Supra and Lex Prime by Boltor P. in that quote.

It would still be true, but it wouldn't make any sense. 

Welcome to Warframe Tiering: It doesn't make any sense.

Edit: oh wait, he said Vaykor, i thought we were comparing with normal Marelok (you know, the dojo research version). My bad

Edited by Thelonious

Dont forget that impact damage for some reason ignored by the enemies, in most cases having like 1200 puncture dmg feels alot better than having 2000 of impact. So no nerfs/buffs needed.

But id like to see AK version of the Lex maybe even stronger than Vaykor, BUT WITHOUT STUPID DOUBLING THE RELOAD TIME!!!

Edited by Grom-84

Ok, this is a somewhat difficult one

My beliefs are: Every Prime and every special weapon (wraith, vandal, syndicate) should be endgame-viable

Right now the Lex Prime is totally inferior to the REGULAR Marelok. The Problem: Both fulfill the same role.

I pledge to buff up the Lex Prime's critchance: make it a critweapon to push it into the role of a sniperrifle-like pistol. 35~40% should be sufficient.

and give the vaykor marelok another 5% base status chance so it can reach 100% with elemental/status mods.

Nerf Marelok to ~120 damage (same as Grinlok)

Reduce reloadspeed of Lex P to 1.5 seconds or so

Give Lex P innate minor punchthrough (like 0.2 meters or so)

Possibly, MAYBE give Lex P slightly higher critchance

There ya go, different innate strengths.

Or you could just buff lex prime and leave marelok alone, and deal with the fact that its functionally a sawed off Grinlok,

That could be a thing.

give lex prime a better reload and high crit chance THEN the weapon will be on pair with Vaykor Marelok.

In one hand we'll have a statut machine high damage impact pistol.

On the other,a strong crit pistol,puncture damage based with "decent" statut chance.

I really like the Lex Prime,but the Vaykor Marelok is a LOT better in many case.

The Lex Prime would honestly be viable if it had a full second off its reload, and a small base damage increase. As of now, can it be used? Yes, it has 22k burst, that is a respectable number. It's just clunky with its ludicrous reload times coupled with its 8 round magazines.

I won't lie, an extra +5% critical chance to bring it up to 25% probably wouldn't hurt. Lex Prime has the advantage of being significantly more accurate, so being able to get critical headshots just a tad more consistently would be enough of a buff for me.

Lex prime is fine. It is the most common prime secondary to farm and the set worthless in terms of plat for its high player supply. The OP is comparing the lex p to a vaykor and wanting lex to be buffed...go get a vaykor would be the solution in that case. With 4-6 formas on a lex it is t5 capable.