Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With High Hopes, Maybe A Dev Will See This.

DeathByZer0

I stumbled across this post on Reddit and the redditors made strong suggestions about Warframes, I really think this thread is worth taking a look at and flipping through the comments. 

So my fellow tenno, what do you think about it?

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1emp9h/instead_of_nerfing_vauban_for_being_so_versatile/

--Thank you for your time and have a nice day.

Why do these posts end up in places that will not do it any good? I always see people posting comments , feedback suggestions elsewhere. Why don't they just go to the official forum and post there. If they want props from their community, post there too. The reson behind posting these outside of the official forums eludes me.

It's like they don't want the devs to see it. What is it for then? >_<

Why do these posts end up in places that will not do it any good? I always see people posting comments , feedback suggestions elsewhere. Why don't they just go to the official forum and post there. If they want props from their community, post there too. The reson behind posting these outside of the official forums eludes me.

That is exactly why I took the liberty to bring it here, although the Devs do sometimes circulate /r/Warframe, it's highly unlikely that they will see the posts that are actually worth their time.

I agree. The frames are too similar in base stats, and I feel that most powers are overshadowed by just saving up for one's Ult. There needs to be more of a focus on making every frame have something they bring to the tabl that the others don't have, and passive abilities like these are reasonable I feel.

That is exactly why I took the liberty to bring it here, although the Devs do sometimes circulate /r/Warframe, it's highly unlikely that they will see the posts that are actually worth their time.

and that's fine. But what if you didn't? What if no one did? Reddit isn't the only place with a Warframe community and it's not like people who read the nice posts there post them here. It's weird I tell you.

The suggestions though are odd. I would like power alterations, not just passives. Make their powers FUN. OVERHAUL the whole thing. It's not like a passive will make every frame as fun as Vauban.

What if Excalibur can pick up the melee weapon of anything it kills? Maybe even an elastic and enemy seeking infested ancient arm? Or a power that allows him to throw his melee weapon like a Glaive for a time duration?

What if Nyx's Mind Control will allow you to enter and control anything instead of forcing it to "team up with you?" You get a unique set of skills per enemy (1-4 skills depending on the enemy)?

We don't need more damage, we need more creative ways of dealing damage. More combat mechanics and whatnot.

As far as I know, the devs don't do much looking anywhere.

Not to toot my own horn, but I have one of the longer and more detailed suggestion threads currently existing on general gameplay changes and additions...

But to my knowledge, none have even been looked at.

Everything I've read seems cool, except for Loki. Don't have a constructive suggestion, I'm afraid. I just know it has to be playful and really annoying for the enemy. But also something really creative. Permastealth is unimaginative and, frankly, to obvious and boring.

they do,

they mention the ones that catch their fancy every now and then in the live stream

They can't comment on all of it though

and maybe they're already working on it

who knows

_Rue_ the answer to your inquiry is simple. There are parts of this community that make their day out of bashing such suggestions/initiatives/proposals on these forums. Although I don't approve relocating the game matters to other sites, I can completely understand the need to move away from trolls and plain mean people.

I know at least one of the developers posts on Reddit. Not here of course.

Personally, I think passives are unnecessary. We already have enough trouble with balance, this would just add another layer to complicate things. If the powers that already exist were made more balanced, we would see a lot more variety without adding more stuff. And the ideas proposed are kind of weird and random, to be honest.

Edited by PositronicSpleen

Passives again. Fkn LoL,

Some of these suck &amp;#&#33; like rhinos. anyone can just jump or you know, use IS. Also nyx' is crap compared to lokis. frost has two passive wtf. bleh

Howeverrrrrrrrrrr, I like the idea of moving a useless ability to the passive and giving that frame a good skill. Mag passive>shield polarize herself and allies when low has cd obviously. Thennnnnnnnnnn insert creative useful skill here. 

Completely agree.

Warframes need more distinction from each other, rather than what we've got at the moment - 'Warframe A has 20 less shields than Warframe B, but 10 more base energy'

*edit*

Perhaps have each Warframe have a choice of passive (or be able to choose none at all), there's bound to be players who do not like their particular passive, but still want to use that Warframe.

Edited by Nugget_

Everything I've read seems cool, except for Loki. Don't have a constructive suggestion, I'm afraid. I just know it has to be playful and really annoying for the enemy. But also something really creative. Permastealth is unimaginative and, frankly, to obvious and boring.

Maybe make it so that if Loki gets switch-teleported by a commander, he automatically switch-teleports back for no energy cost?

Who knows, if this was Halo, I could tell you why in a heartbeat.

But Warframe.... don't know. Someone should get that guy/gal to post here, or even quote his/her post, not just link, I don't know about the actually Devs at De, but I would be more less likely to follow links on a company computer. But then again, I'm a little paranoid about that kind of things after taking a military class on phishing.

If people really want to post suggestions for the Developers to look at and think about, they really should post on the official forums, not just reddit.

Maybe make it so that if Loki gets switch-teleported by a commander, he automatically switch-teleports back for no energy cost?

You know, I was thinking more of denying the commanders teleport ability, and redirect his teleport to one of his friends instead, or teleport him into danger, like into a fire, into the path of a rocket, next to a red barrel. The teleport is already annoying, to teleport, then teleport again, is more annoying.

But I do agree they should give each frame it's own strength other than their one or two abilities. I use most abilities on all of my warframes, but there are a few that I wish I could switch out with a better more useful ability. I also wish my Frost wouldn't take halved shields in cryo leaks, I kind of wish his shields wouldn't be halved and instead damage taken are halved.