Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Woes Of Erebus

TheErebus.

So I wanna try to place in an ENB mod for Dark Souls 2 (basically change the visuals to make it darker).

To do that, I gotta download this thing called GeDoSoTa (which allows mods to happen for DkS2). 

SO I do it, and it works perfectly.

I download this ENB mod that was suggested by many:

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/7/?

I download it, but it doesn't work.

I then re-download the mod, but it still doesn't work. I look at requirements, and get this other thing called ENB.

I then get confused because it says "ENB Injector or ENB wrapper" and no where does it say what one or the other does.

I say "Screw it" and launch the game.

Crash. 

Crash.

CRASH.

CRAAAAAASH.

I SPEND OVER 2 HOURS TO TRY AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM

NO PROGRESS WAS MADE.

I un-install the game and re-install it to remove all of the files and get back the vanilla version.

The cycle of DkS2 modding:
92063f256a6faafd3373d23722b7227b.png

Unless you're running a GPU with Nvidia Optimus (curse that software to the darkest depths of the underworld) you want the Injector version. It's a standard d3d9.dll file (you install the ENB files in the game directory, IIRC, and overwrite those with the custom ones packaged with the ENB preset.)

The wrapper version exists because when Optimus is in the picture custom d3d9.dll files cause the card to go bonkers and default to using Intel integrated graphics. Which, obviously, is not meant for playing games no matter what the advertisements say. 

Optimus is a feature that allows the GPU to dynamically switch between dedicated and integrated graphics to improve battery life. 

Don't know for sure exactly what your problem is, but I'd wager you did something wonky with the initial ENB installation, so double-check that each step of the way. 

Also, if it still turns out to be too much trouble, try enabling the pre-packaged post-processing included with GeDoSaTo.

Unless you're running a GPU with Nvidia Optimus (curse that software to the darkest depths of the underworld) you want the Injector version. It's a standard d3d9.dll file (you install the ENB files in the game directory, IIRC, and overwrite those with the custom ones packaged with the ENB preset.)

The wrapper version exists because when Optimus is in the picture custom d3d9.dll files cause the card to go bonkers and default to using Intel integrated graphics. Which, obviously, is not meant for playing games no matter what the advertisements say. 

Optimus is a feature that allows the GPU to dynamically switch between dedicated and integrated graphics to improve battery life. 

Don't know for sure exactly what your problem is, but I'd wager you did something wonky with the initial ENB installation, so double-check that each step of the way. 

Also, if it still turns out to be too much trouble, try enabling the pre-packaged post-processing included with GeDoSaTo.

I don't believe I have a GPU with Optimus, but I'll use the Injector tomorrow.

Also, double-check that GeDoSaTo is up-to-date. It can sometimes cause the game to not launch properly depending on which versions are in question. That problem usually resolves itself over time, but I dunno what else to say. 

Edit: If you're not on a laptop, I'd say it's a safe bet to say you don't have Optimus. 

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

You have my condolences... (Or is this an old one from before Dell happened?)

Also, "The woes of Erebus"? Are even you forgetting that you changed your name?

I am forever known as Erebus.

Also, take back your condolences, my laptop runs perfectly.

So I wanna try to place in an ENB mod for Dark Souls 2 (basically change the visuals to make it darker).

To do that, I gotta download this thing called GeDoSoTa (which allows mods to happen for DkS2). 

SO I do it, and it works perfectly.

I download this ENB mod that was suggested by many:

http://www.nexusmods.com/darksouls2/mods/7/?

I download it, but it doesn't work.

I then re-download the mod, but it still doesn't work. I look at requirements, and get this other thing called ENB.

I then get confused because it says "ENB Injector or ENB wrapper" and no where does it say what one or the other does.

I say "Screw it" and launch the game.

Crash. 

Crash.

CRASH.

CRAAAAAASH.

I SPEND OVER 2 HOURS TO TRY AND SOLVE THE PROBLEM

NO PROGRESS WAS MADE.

I un-install the game and re-install it to remove all of the files and get back the vanilla version.

The cycle of DkS2 modding:

92063f256a6faafd3373d23722b7227b.png

Senyuu.gif

I too am suffering today.

My parents replaced their 15-year old printer, and connecting the new one to their router causes the router to periodically disconnect every device from the network. Wi-Fi connections are unaffected for some reason. Good old U-Verse.

At least the printer works like a dream between router freakouts.

Edited by notlamprey